IGN Pro League DOA5 Pro Gaming Tournament

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Also, when you look at myself, Rikuto, Manny, Vanessa, sWooZie, Chosen1 and Kayane, which of those people do you want detailed gameplay info from?
We would only be getting it from you and Rikuto, if anyone. The latter have shown that they refuse to share any knowledge with the community when they have it, such was the case with DOA Dimensions. Kayane I don't expect much from since I don't believe she's kept up with the DOA games too much.

If we could fly out 20 people from this site, we would have. However, that's simply not feasible.
We got one person that wasn't already attending E3 to go, Rikuto. Manny and company got four.

Was it a surprise to you that DOA5 will be playable at E3? I don't think so.
Did I state anything to suggest this anywhere, ever?

You could've made arrangements to be at E3 long before this event was announced.
If I could have afforded the $1k ticket to just get into the event plus flight and hotel then I would likely gone. I don't have money like that to just throw away.

You would skip DOA5 because Manny and crew were invited to E3?
No matter how good or bad DOA5 turns out, if he and his gang still get special treatment and all the opportunities handed to them then what's the point really?

As I said, I understand your frustration (and actually expected such a reaction), but it's nothing like 2006 and that's a big over dramatic. Morris was running things back in 2006 and that's why Manny and crew were involved in the first place. Morris is not involved in this.
Despite that, the Texas four-some still get all the opportunities.

Trust me when I say that everything I can do for the community is being done.
Oh, I'm absolutely sure you are. It's just that Manny's influence is infinite compared to yours or mine. I can't figure out why he's the favorite.

Okay Grap3 we're gonna need you to sit down and shut up. This is a completely different situation from the past.
Click your ruby red slippers together, keep telling yourself that and maybe it'll come true.

If you have problems go ahead and take them somewhere else while we try to get the game out there. You and Raansu can discuss what you want in future DoA games while we try to work with something we have now.
It was always the case that "We're just waiting for DOA5, we're just waiting for DOA5..." So now I have to wait for DOA6 and you're trying to tell me the situation is completely different? 'k

You read to much into everything and you have the least amount of knowledge on pretty much every subject. So just sit down, shut up, before you make a fool of yourself any further.
Why do you insist on trying to make it seem that it's as if I've never played a DOA game ever? I'm pretty sure I have. I'll admit I'm not the most knowledgeable or the best player, though I never claimed to be, but I do have some experience with the series and its mechanics.

Raansu

Okay Grap3 we're gonna need you to sit down and shut up. This is a completely different situation from the past. If you have problems go ahead and take them somewhere else while we try to get the game out there. You and Raansu can discuss what you want in future DoA games while we try to work with something we have now.

You read to much into everything and you have the least amount of knowledge on pretty much every subject. So just sit down, shut up, before you make a fool of yourself any further.

Sorry but DoA5 is the last chance TN has with this series for me. I will not be around for DoA6 if DoA5 goes south. So yes, I am going to be vocal about changes that need to be done with DoA5. I'm sorry you have a problem with that.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I hope Rikuto and DrDogg can convince that kid Kayane to get herself more involved in these parts.

Other than that, it's refreshing to see Rikuto so fired up about this. It's inspiring.

Chris Harris

Sorry but DoA5 is the last chance TN has with this series for me. I will not be around for DoA6 if DoA5 goes south. So yes, I am going to be vocal about changes that need to be done with DoA5. I'm sorry you have a problem with that.

There is a difference of being vocal about changes and being unreasonable about changes. But I'll let you go ahead and keep crying about a change that is more than likely not going to happen lol

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Grap3, Raansu.... I say this with love. But seriously, shut up and have some faith. You won't be disappointed in anything the game has going for it right now unless you try to be.

I say this while maintaining the most unrealistic expectations possible for making DOA a good game. That should tell you something.

And for the last time, Fuck Master. Pretend he isn't even there.

DrDogg

Well I figured since she's been most competitive in Soucl Calibur, she'd be a Soul Calibur player. =P

She was too young to compete in any DOA4 tournaments outside of France, including CGS and WCG. Remember, DOA4 is 7 years old. She's only 20 at the moment.

No matter how good or bad DOA5 turns out, if he and his gang still get special treatment and all the opportunities handed to them then what's the point really?

The tournament portion of the E3 event is essentially a qualifier. What do you think happens if Manny wins? Obviously he wouldn't be playing in the next qualifier.

Some things were already in place before I was brought in. Tecmo couldn't go back on their word. Things are not the same as they were. You should know me well enough to trust me on that.

It's just that Manny's influence is infinite compared to yours or mine.

This is absolutely not true.

Tenren

either way I glad that TN is doing something at E3 even if its not the best way of doing so.

On a side not
Rikuto Im really glad your going to be committing. Ill be your best friend if you give me a shot out lmao

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Grap3, Raansu.... I say this with love. But seriously, shut up and have some faith. You won't be disappointed in anything the game has going for it right now unless you try to be.
We had this discussion on Twitter but I'm not one to blindly follow something without solid info. Whatever insider info you have access to that I don't, may be good or not but I wouldn't know and all I can go off is what I know.

There is a difference of being vocal about changes and being unreasonable about changes. But I'll let you go ahead and keep crying about a change that is more than likely not going to happen lol
Three months ago Raansu made this same post while calling out Rikuto. Something must have happened to have changed his mind so significantly, something magical like playing DOA++ for instance.

I'm not exaggerating either:

DyByHands

Man, I hope someone gets some good video there, for some reason my comp won't do live streams, from any source. And, I am going to be on the road for the entirety of E3:(. Though I am sure the fine folks here at FSD will keep it all posted.

This may be a dumb question, but do live streams end up on youtube or anywhere else? If so, I will start to relax. I just love watching tourney videos with good comentators and fighters. Cheers to those attending.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
This may be a dumb question, but do live streams end up on youtube or anywhere else?
From my experience, IGN usually archives their livestreams so you'll be able to watch after the fact. Unless you have problems with flash based video entirely but since you said Youtube is all right then that's not the issue.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
The funny thing about that video is the IGN logo in the bottom right.

And yes, I would like to play some Hungry Hungry Hippos sometime... maybe at Evo.

RoboJoe

Only a week to go, I'm so excited! I really want to see how much the game has evolved since the alpha demo. I'm curious though, Dr. Dogg and Rikuto, since you two keep implying that you know at least some of the changes to the game, will either of you be posting a changelog once E3 rolls around?

Dr. Teeth

Standard Donor
The funny thing about that video is the IGN logo in the bottom right.

And yes, I would like to play some Hungry Hungry Hippos sometime... maybe at Evo.

I didn't even realize that haha. And you're on. Do you think they'd stream it if we asked nicely?

Master_Thespian

Since DrDogg and Rikuto have been highly critical of DOAs past, the DOA5 demo *AND* largely been on the right side of the argument thus far, I'm going to be cautiously optimistic about what we get from E3.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Only a week to go, I'm so excited! I really want to see how much the game has evolved since the alpha demo. I'm curious though, Dr. Dogg and Rikuto, since you two keep implying that you know at least some of the changes to the game, will either of you be posting a changelog once E3 rolls around?

I feel you'll get many of your answers during the stream and advanced game discussion that will happen on it. There, you can make a changelog on FSD as we find out more information.

Berzerk!

This is great news. Its excellent exposure for the fame an its far more indepth a look at the game than you could otherwise expect from a trade show event.
The fact there is a tournament is great because it brings competitive gaming forward. I knowe DrDogg was planning cool stuf but you guys have got to realise what a good thing it is for the ipl to kick off from right here. The california fighting game scene and all the competitive players will pay attention and it will get more exposure to these people than it would at Evo due to the cluttered Evo schedule.
Needless reactionary negativity - put it to one side - look at the size of those pools. You think the invited players are going to dominate? Wait and see what other people fill that bracket.
And why WOULDN'T you want players you cheer against in the tournament? Won't it make it sweeter for you when a dark horse comes up and beats them?
It's way past time to stop giving certain players more imagined power, turning manny into a big straw man. He's just another player and while an invite to a tournament is recognition of awareness of the people invited, it doesn't guarantee victory.

Credit to Rikuto for getting involved and using his powers for good. Really looking forward to this.

Meanwhile hoping pl makes the tournament and looking fwd to seeing I predict Justin Wong, Mike Ross, Alex Valle an other known Cali fgc players take a look

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Meanwhile hoping pl makes the tournament and looking fwd to seeing I predict Justin Wong, Mike Ross, Alex Valle an other known Cali fgc players take a look

This isn't a 'walk on in' event. In order to get access you have to be an employee of a company in the industry or pay $1000 for the entry ticket alone.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD