IGN Pro League DOA5 Pro Gaming Tournament

Awesmic

Standard Donor
One thing I'll say is that the mere fact of Kayane being in this is a BIG DEAL in regards to attracting the attention of players OUTSIDE of the current community to DOA. People who don't keep up much with the community will likely be checking this out to see her performance ALONE, and if she does well (which she likely CAN, given her tournament experience in general), it will only serve to further build people's HYPE for the game.

And I'm not gonna lie. Seeing her pull an upset over ... say ... MASTER ... would be multiple kinds of glorious! BONUS POINTS if he goes in feeling himself, and underestimates her!
I can believe that... and I didn't even believe in myself.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
WHAT...THE...FUCK does ANY of that have to do what what I said? HOLY SHIT no wonder why people call you a fucking idiot. You pulled a post from a conversation an pulled a complete 180 and turned it into something it wasn't...Something completely unrelated to the conversation... HOLY FUCK you are going on ignore...the stupidity is strong in you.

Unlike. :(

Berzerk!

Overreaction from Raansu, pretty amusing. Still didn't clear up whether he categorically backs away from his implication that Rikuto has been bought.
Thus the point of my post - that kind of talk brings community into disrepute. Grap3 has already been called out, but I'm sure he'll come around when the merits of the event become clearer. The issue I have is the knee jerk reaction from a Moderator no less. "Moderate" should be the operative, behavioural part of the term!
We need to be more measured and represent this scene better.
But anyway, sorry for feeding the beast.

This event will be a big tick for the scene given the people involved. Can't wait.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
It's
Overreaction from Raansu, pretty amusing. Still didn't clear up whether he categorically backs away from his implication that Rikuto has been bought.
Thus the point of my post - that kind of talk brings community into disrepute. Grap3 has already been called out, but I'm sure he'll come around when the merits of the event become clearer. The issue I have is the knee jerk reaction from a Moderator no less. "Moderate" should be the operative, behavioural part of the term!

This event will be a big tick for the scene given the people involved. Can't wait.
Daigo? Where?

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Grap3 has already been called out
Excuse me? Care to elaborate?

The issue I have is the knee jerk reaction from a Moderator no less. "Moderate" should be the operative, behavioural part of the term!
For the record, I'm not sure why I'm still a mod. This was supposed to be just temporary while Matt was on vacation. I'm not even a real mod and have almost no more abilities than a regular user. My reaction is my own and not reflective of the site.

Berzerk!

Fair enough grap3. Called out refers to the people saying to cool it over the diversion of getting too concerned about the Texas crew being there, and maybe we should say rather than called out - "reassured" is the better term!

In any case, the criticism is still that we should be more measured in responding to news like this, remember this is where people outside the community will visit.

I know its your own reaction but as a member of the community - and a prominent, generally positively contributing one (podcasts take a lot of work and deserve appreciation!), mod tag or not, please be aware of the negative impression given. It just seemed overly knee-jerk.

FakeSypha

This is great news. I hope this develops into healthy promotion to the game and overall community of DOA.

Also, congrats to Dr.Dogg and Rikuto! Make us proud (?)

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Chosen1 already at it apparently:

exh2G.png

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
There's a reason you don't see swoozie/master/vanessa/chosen1 posting here all too often. We didn't want anything to do with them, so when they force their presence into events we care about... it creates..... this.

That's why I'm telling people to just ignore it. They are assholes pretty much 24/7. The only time you notice it is when they get involved with us somehow. When they aren't around, at least the arguments are about gameplay and not this kind of bullshit.

Chris Harris

Attention whores will be attention whores. No one needs to worry about Chosen1 as he's garbage overall and will be exposed very soon. We have 2 reliable players in the mix this time which is pretty much something we have never had in this community. If Rikuto and Bryan say trust them, then I'll give them a chance because they haven't let me down before.

Relius Starkiller

It would cost you about $1000 to enter the compound without affiliation to an industry company, plus the trip cost. I can't imagine a cash prize being that high to equal it.

In 2006 I would have laughed in your face and stuffed a franklin in your mouth.

In 2012. . .I'm gonna wait.

What I'm more concerned about is the tournament finale - if the only prize is being able to call yourself the king of the DOA5 demo, no fucking thanks.

Grand prize has to be atleast a couple grand to get me interested.

Heres another quesiton. . .how the fuck is anyone supposed to practice for this shit? Is the E3 demo being released to the public after the event?

Berzerk!

I'm sure people will be able to play the game extensively over the days of E3 during the morning of pool 1, and if you're in the later pools, even more time.

The legit players will pick up the changes fairly quickly or at least be on a good levil with one another. The rest will be mostly press and will be knocked out quickly.

Raansu

I didn't overreact to anything and I wasn't making any implications. If anything I was flabbergasted by your freaking ignorance and complete randomness to pull something like that out from thin air.

All I said to hustle was why would Rikuto not be excited about going to E3? How the fuck is that implicating anything? I typically ignore your posts and this has reminded me why I found you so annoying on DoAC...You pull shit out of your ass from posts that have no meaning to them at all...

Relius Starkiller

A few more notes.

Swoozie is really living up to them christian morals huh?

Chosen1 is a talentless prick.

Who is Mystik going to go down on at this tournament? Hope its Rikuto, he really f'ing needs it.

What you guys should do is the same thing that other communities do - take up a collection to get one of these guys out to the event.

Or maybe get a media outlet to sponsor one or more of the better players in the community.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD