IGN Pro League DOA5 Pro Gaming Tournament

DrDogg

I don't know if my poor heart can take any more of these "surprises." Despite getting high quality footage, I don't see us getting much info outside of yourself and Rikuto posting.

I do understand your frustrations, but I have done everything I can to add things to the event that will make the community happy. Getting Rikuto on commentary was one of those things. And trust me when I say the surprises are good ones. They come directly from myself and Silent Legend.

Also, when you look at myself, Rikuto, Manny, Vanessa, sWooZie, Chosen1 and Kayane, which of those people do you want detailed gameplay info from?

If we could fly out 20 people from this site, we would have. However, that's simply not feasible. Was it a surprise to you that DOA5 will be playable at E3? I don't think so. You could've made arrangements to be at E3 long before this event was announced.

As I said, there will be opportunities for people to play at other events. In addition, Rikuto will get play time on the broadcast, he just won't be in the tournament at this juncture.

When's this tournament? When will find out at least? The week before like with this? People have known when Evo would be taking place for some time. They have plenty of time to prep travel arrangements and what not.

The tournament in question has not yet been officially announced because the location and date are not yet confirmed. As soon as those are locked in place, an announcement will be made. I expect that to happen in June with at least 6-8 weeks to make travel arrangements.

For the record, I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed because I just see 2006 repeating before my eyes and it's a shame. I might just skip DOA5 altogether at this point and focus on something else.

You would skip DOA5 because Manny and crew were invited to E3? As I said, I understand your frustration (and actually expected such a reaction), but it's nothing like 2006 and that's a big over dramatic. Morris was running things back in 2006 and that's why Manny and crew were involved in the first place. Morris is not involved in this. I get to make some calls here and insure the community has a voice.

Trust me when I say that everything I can do for the community is being done. You're going to get a lot of info on DOA5 coming out of this event and you'll have insightful commentary.

its thing like this that TN is doing that is slowly pushing me away from DOA. I dont see how having a tournament at E3 and not even showing the game at EVO is going to help. Plus inviting just a few people who are only know inside of the DOA community. This leads me to believe that they really dont care what people think who will actually play the game and just want to get good reviews. VF5FS is looking better by the min which makes me sad cuz DOA is my fav out of the two.

People who play other fighting games at a competitive level will be playing DOA5. I cannot provide details, but Team Ninja wants the opinions of non-DOA players. You don't have to worry about that.

Also, look at Evo. You have a bunch of Capcom players, a few Soul Calibur players and a handful of VF players. Do you really think DOA5 would get a fair shot or even proper attention at that event? I'll be at Evo, and if DOA5 was there, I probably wouldn't play it because I'd be too busy playing SC5 and VF5, focusing on the tournament. I wouldn't have time to properly sit down and play DOA5 and provide intelligent feedback.

The average Evo attendee would sit down for 2 minutes to play DOA5 and it would end up looking a lot like this:

so ... we're only getting 2 characters and 2 stages ...
:(

Keep in mind that the E3 build played on the broadcast may not be all that's shown of DOA5 at E3. Announcements could easily be made that have nothing to do with the E3 build. This happens all the time at E3.

DrDogg

Maybe if I'm lucky, Christie will get enough playtime in this build. But for now, I'll remain cautiously optimistic.

Did you miss this part of my post?

Once E3 is live and broadcasting, I'll be able to answer more in-depth questions on the E3 build.

You will see some Christie stuff and be able to ask me questions about her. I guarantee that I know more about DOA5 Christie than anyone who will be playing at E3 (outside of the dev team).

Tenren

People who play other fighting games at a competitive level will be playing DOA5. I cannot provide details, but Team Ninja wants the opinions of non-DOA players. You don't have to worry about that.

Also, look at Evo. You have a bunch of Capcom players, a few Soul Calibur players and a handful of VF players. Do you really think DOA5 would get a fair shot or even proper attention at that event? I'll be at Evo, and if DOA5 was there, I probably wouldn't play it because I'd be too busy playing SC5 and VF5, focusing on the tournament. I wouldn't have time to properly sit down and play DOA5 and provide intelligent feedback.

The average Evo attendee would sit down for 2 minutes to play DOA5 and it would end up looking a lot like this:

I hate the avg SRK member and 99% of all capcom games, but EVO is 99% of the gaming comunity. The people TN needs to point the game to. Not the press. There will be 100s of people at EVO that play DOA and quite a few who play it at high-lev. I will be at EVO judging all day Fri. & Sat. I would sure as hell make time to play DOA5 if they brought a playable build.

Also the same thing could be said about E3. The average E3 attendee would sit and do the same--wait they have muti time----look at all the press release so far, or do you think the press is going to sit down and play the game enough to give intelligent feedback
To me it seems TN is scared of what someone who knows the games would think and doesn't want other to see it

DrDogg

I hate the avg SRK member and 99% of all capcom games, but EVO is 99% of the gaming comunity. The people TN needs to point the game to. Not the press. There will be 100s of people at EVO that play DOA and quite a few who play it at high-lev. I will be at EVO judging all day Fri. & Sat. I would sure as hell make time to play DOA5 if they brought a playable build.

Also the same thing could be said about E3. The average E3 attendee would sit and do the same--wait they have muti time----look at all the press release so far, or do you think the press is going to sit down and play the game enough to give intelligent feedback
To me it seems TN is scared of what someone who knows the games would think and doesn't want other to see it

As I've stated many times in the past, DOA5 basically has one shot to gain a spot in the competitive scene. If you put the game at Evo and don't explain what's changed (or possibly have a build that doesn't have all of the changes), they will do exactly what FingerCramp did.

E3 is a very different environment. It's not meant for the competitive gaming crowd, but Team Ninja is still bringing in competitive gamers. Also, think about who's in LA in terms of competitive players. Please trust me when I say that the non-DOA competitive community will be providing feedback, it just won't be every random Evo attendee who thinks they can break down a game in 2 minutes (like the FC guys).

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
As I've stated many times in the past, DOA5 basically has one shot to gain a spot in the competitive scene.
Giving opportunities that actual competitive games to a game that doesn't deserve it? That worked out great for CGS and DOA4.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
The Texas Clique's involvement was something that wasn't going to change... and I told the lot of you ignorant bastards it wasn't in the past for the last couple months straight and y'all assumed I was just being salty. Well hopefully now you know better.

Now that I've got my required goading out of the way, let's just say I'll be there for you guys during this little "bump" in the road we call progress. When I'm not commentating matches I'm going to spend as much time as physically possible finding things, breaking them down and reporting them. From everything I know, this build is basically Jesus compared to what you're all used to playing. That could be good or bad for some of you, depending on your tenacity, but don't assume anything until E3 when we have a thorough breakdown for you.

Until then just pretend the Texas Clown Crew doesn't exist, recognize what is actually important about this event and get fucking hype for the fact your game is on the Right path for the first time in a decade.

You'll see it soon...

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
It seems so short when you say 'in a decade'. It certainly feels like time has just flown by since the release of DOA3...

I look forward to what DOA5 brings.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
I know it does. Just yesterday I was winning my first DOA 3 tournament at the ripe young age of 13, playing in some idiotic single-elimination format at a tournament in downtown rochester with somewhere in the area of maybe 20 or 30 people registered, all far older than me.... man I must have been the only white kid there, too.

God it was fun.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Oh, you don't worry too much about that. I'm well aware of my ambassadorial duties here, both to IGN and the boys back home.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
I've noticed Kayane being extra friendly to Manny on Twitter and Facebook lately. She's well known and respected enough in the SC community that she would give him some credibility by supporting him. Now she's at this highly exclusive event that consists of mostly his clique. Shocking.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Manny had nothing to do with Kayane being selected for the event.

Additionally, Kayane's always been a fan of DOA. Her first competitive tournaments were two tag tournaments in DOA2 taking place in France before DOA3 released. DOA is where she created her gamertag from as it stands for her two favorite characters and her tag team of choice: Kasumi & Ayane.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
I've noticed Kayane being extra friendly to Manny on Twitter and Facebook lately. She's well known and respected enough in the SC community that she would give him some credibility by supporting him. Now she's at this highly exclusive event that consists of mostly his clique. Shocking.

She was in the same area for MLG, grap3. They flew her all the way out from France for that, so it was kind of a no-brainer to do this as well.

She's just being friendly and literally does not know anything about Manny or Vanessa. Don't read too much into it.

Chris Harris

Okay Grap3 we're gonna need you to sit down and shut up. This is a completely different situation from the past. If you have problems go ahead and take them somewhere else while we try to get the game out there. You and Raansu can discuss what you want in future DoA games while we try to work with something we have now.

You read to much into everything and you have the least amount of knowledge on pretty much every subject. So just sit down, shut up, before you make a fool of yourself any further.

DrDogg

Just sayin'. I'd just expect to see DOA players play DOA, you know? I see what you're sayin', but I'm just sayin', you know? lol!

DOA was her first competitive game. Wouldn't that make her a DOA player more than SC player?

R4712-VR88

DOA was her first competitive game. Wouldn't that make her a DOA player more than SC player?

Well I figured since she's been most competitive in Soucl Calibur, she'd be a Soul Calibur player. =P

Anywho... back on topic...

RIKUTO IS GOING TO E3! That's a step in the right direction! ;)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD