DOA5: New Gameplay Demo Trailer of Ayane and Hitomi

Arnell Long

Hitomi's breasts look like they're floating in water or something... it's awkward as it seems like they aren't moving but her shirt's neckline is...

Ha! I noticed that as well, but hey, judging from the recent Kasumi build they've seem to have fixed that "bounce" situation.

And x Sypher x, the music was "aight"...kinda generic to me, just like the Announcer...

Raansu

I'm not too shaken up by there still being holds out of stun, since TN doesn't seem like they're willing to budge on that one. What does bum me out is 0:55. You know what'd be great? If we didn't reward people for mashing on hold during hitstrings because the game still has no true combos.

This video is an old build still using mostly doa4's system. The new build shows some promise, so we don't know for sure about true combos yet.

x Sypher x

Actually, you don't know if it's launching. It's possible that she just juggled with :8::F+K:.

I'm not so sure about that either. The animation is too quick to tell, but hey who knows.

Also, I'm liking how Ayane's new mid :P: hold puts you behind the opponent like her :4::F+P:, that's pretty neat.

I spoke too soon. At 0:50, Hitomi sidesteps Ayane's kick.

Very good observation man, I didn't notice that at first. And what's even greater about this is the fact the she sidestepped a MID KICK. Based on that alone it might be safe to assume that there are some mid attacks that do not track so well anymore. Either that or the new sidestep is just that much more effective than freestepping.

Raansu

Hitomi's breasts look like they're floating in water or something... it's awkward as it seems like they aren't moving but her shirt's neckline is...

It does the same with Ayanes winning pose when she folds her arms.

DrDogg

I spoke too soon. At 0:50, Hitomi sidesteps Ayane's kick.

Problem with this specific instance of sidestepping is that Ayane doesn't attack with a combo string. It's a single attack. I'd be interested to know if Ayane did a full string, how well that would track.

Stepping a vertical kick is an improvement, but I need to see more before I'm satisfied that stepping will be a useful tool.

Arnell Long

Hope we get a newer "build" trailer this week...cuz this one shoulda been shown back around TGS's time-frame lol....

x Sypher x

I'm not too shaken up by there still being holds out of stun, since TN doesn't seem like they're willing to budge on that one. What does bum me out is 0:55. You know what'd be great? If we didn't reward people for mashing on hold during hitstrings because the game still has no true combos.

Yes, Hitomi's 6KKK would be neat if it were made into a true combo.

HELP! I'm having trouble identifying what a critical stun looks like. I saw quite a few in the trailer but were they all critical? As I recall from another thread, the issue was taking away holds from "critical." If someone could shed a little light on this that would be helpful. Like what situations cause a critical? I can only think of 2 possible ones:

1. Counter hit (one attack beating out the other)
2. An attack in response to a whiffed throw or attack

Am I missing something?

Tenren

Yes, Hitomi's 6KKK would be neat if it were made into a true combo.

HELP! I'm having trouble identifying what a critical stun looks like. I saw quite a few in the trailer but were they all critical? As I recall from another thread, the issue was taking away holds from "critical." If someone could shed a little light on this that would be helpful. Like what situations cause a critical? I can only think of 2 possible ones:

1. Counter hit (one attack beating out the other)
2. An attack in response to a whiffed throw or attack

Am I missing something?
in this video id say most of the stuns look like hit stuns
@:37 Ayane trys to hold a charge attack and gets punished which goes into power blow combo. I asuming this is a critical stun
also @ 1:24 Ayane BT's Hitmoi and i think that this is the only true critical stun Ive notice. Ayane combos into power blow

Raansu

Problem with this specific instance of sidestepping is that Ayane doesn't attack with a combo string. It's a single attack. I'd be interested to know if Ayane did a full string, how well that would track.

Stepping a vertical kick is an improvement, but I need to see more before I'm satisfied that stepping will be a useful tool.

It's more than we ever had before. I'll take it.

Echo01

I really hope TN plan on tidying up those jiggle physics if they insist on keeping them in, looks ridiculous right now. I also see holds out of hitstun? Is that how DoA terminology refers to it? Sorry for being a newb >_< Anyway, that aspect of the game...irks me just a little, but I assume it's always been there.

Raansu

I really hope TN plan on tidying up those jiggle physics if they insist on keeping them in, looks ridiculous right now. I also see holds out of hitstun? Is that how DoA terminology refers to it? Sorry for being a newb >_< Anyway, that aspect of the game...irks me just a little, but I assume it's always been there.

With the way stuns work in DoA removing holds from the stun would completely break the game. And as we can see from the newest build they don't plan on making any major changes with how stuns work in the game and how holds work in the game.

As long as they move forward with unholdable situations like the wall bounce in the Akira video and begin to add true combos, BT stuns/staggers, proper frame advantage and other unholdable situations then I'm fine with it.

I know Rikuto and probably a few others don't agree with me but I'll be fine with it as long as we get what I mentioned above into the game. If they completely rework the stun system to be short staggers like say in VF then fine, I don't have a problem with it, but DoA stuns as of right now just act too differently from other fighters, and again, completely removing holds would break the game.

Arnell Long

8wcfb9

8wcq71

An-rcGECIAAX_dg.jpg

8wcodr

8wcgoq

Raansu said:

As long as they move forward with unholdable situations like the wall bounce in the Akira video and begin to add true combos, BT stuns/staggers, proper frame advantage and other unholdable situations then I'm fine with it.

Um, that wouldn't be a bad idea, as you say, if the current counter system is tweaked enough to fit that description then why the hell not. I'm all for it seeing as how the counter system ain't going anywhere, might as well think of adjustments such as what you've stated....so count me in...

Game Over

It's NEVER too much to expect to see anything new. Many developers release tons of information before big electronic shows and before launches of a game ...

I'm talking specifically about TN and DOA5 here, and regarding the timing of these trailer reveals. The "Akira" trailer was revealed when it was to show the FGC (and world) that the game is making serious strides and that TN is collaborating with Sega/AM2. THIS (the Hitomi/Ayane) trailer was revealed at a time where it can better hype up the upcoming demo than, say, had it released a month ago.

Releasing more "new" stuff now could be detrimental to the excitement and anticipation for the demo, since it will clearly be an older build not measuring up to newer media shown.

You have to account for the marketing of these things. The demo needs to get its fair shine on market for some reasonable amount of time before TN (hopefully) opens the floodgates around E3. Personally, I'd be surprised to see any significant "new" media (besides the next "guest character" reveal) before about a month after the release of NG3.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
^When you look at it that way, TN's methods to their madness make a lot of sense.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD