"Kasumi! Kasumi! Kasumi!" Ayane's angst thread

Doug Nguyen

Bummer :_:. Thanks for clearing it up, though. Good to know it's there anyway, even if I only am able to get it 2% of the time.

Everyone I saw using her was playing unsafe after knockdowns. I think the safe thing would be to back off and let them get up, even if that leaves Kasumi at a disadvantage. Better safe than sorry.

Also, after reading again, what do you mean her 9K is a nice force tech? In DOA4 it was her flip. Is it different in DOA5?
Yeah in DOA5 its her DOA4 6K.

ErickBello

That was never been a move that I know of in all of my years in playing her. Please stop saying 'properties' I don't think you know what you saying when you use the word. I may be wrong but, I don't think you do. 66K is a move itself, what version of DOA are you playing to get 2P after it?

I'm playing DOA 3/3.1/ 2U
And I know what I'm saying (lol)
but I made a mistake and the correct move is 66P2K (:6::6::P::2::K:) Which is delayable If I remember.

Doug Nguyen

Weird, what's her new 6K then? Is it DOA2/3 again?
Yup. Its that kick in her DOA4 PP6KK. I personally dont like that about her new 9K. It does launch or stun. It just knocks them down. I know it was over powered but i got so used to it, since i used it most for setting up combos and it was good at getting counter/hi counter strikes.

Shinigamimatt

Yup. Its that kick in her DOA4 PP6KK. I personally dont like that about her new 9K. It does launch or stun. It just knocks them down. I know it was over powered but i got so used to it, since i used it most for setting up combos and it was good at getting counter/hi counter strikes.
Agreed, it was my launcher for her. I'm sad to see it knockdown. With Kasumi, I don't want knockdowns. That keeps them safe from my offense. Especially since her ground game is basically useless now.

She took a pretty heavy nerf with that launcher gone. But her new tools look amazingly fun, which is the main reason I use her anyway. Fun as hell. Think my new tool is gonna be that sit down stun on her 3PPP and 66KK. Just glad they gave her back her 33K.

Shinigamimatt

All this info pleases me. Until the game comes out. I'm really itching to get to training mode with her. Those teleport combo possibilities, man.

Allan Paris

She took a pretty heavy nerf with that launcher gone. But her new tools look amazingly fun, which is the main reason I use her anyway. Fun as hell. Think my new tool is gonna be that sit down stun on her 3PPP and 66KK. Just glad they gave her back her 33K.

I wouldn't say it was a nerf, it is still good. It's just different now. You really can't apply DOA4 tactics with DOA5 Kasumi. She doesn't work that way, not even a little. She is fun though, a lot of fun.

but I made a mistake and the correct move is 66P2K (:6::6::P::2::K:) Which is delayable If I remember.

I made the same mistake you did. Made a post about 66K. No, her 66P has another punch follow up, it's a new move they gave her.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
To stay on topic, Kasumi is a fucking nightmare in the hands of a skilled player. She has relatively low damage specifically because it's made up by her offensive options. She can get in on you from almost any range with insane speed, can teleport back into your face off a guarded attack (that also guard breaks incidentally), can stuff nearly every character that tries to run in with 6pk or even a simple jab, and is one of the characters that can give guaranteed power blows under ceilings without needing a critical burst. Oh and let's not forget about her force tech game.

Sooo not low-tier.

Doug Nguyen

To stay on topic, Kasumi is a fucking nightmare in the hands of a skilled player. She has relatively low damage specifically because it's made up by her offensive options. She can get in on you from almost any range with insane speed, can teleport back into your face off a guarded attack (that also guard breaks incidentally), can stuff nearly every character that tries to run in with 6pk or even a simple jab, and is one of the characters that can give guaranteed power blows under ceilings without needing a critical burst. Oh and let's not forget about her force tech game.

Sooo not low-tier.
Wait how does she get guaranteed PBs, under ceilings? Can bass do that too?

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Wait how does she get guaranteed PBs, under ceilings? Can bass do that too?
Any character with a throw that tosses the enemy into the air, and thus into the ceiling, gets a power blow for free. Both of the stages that have this possibility also can have power blows aimed into destructible walls (giving you another sitdown stun to play with) or over partitions down to another tier of the level. Bass can do it too, yeah.

MajesticBlue

Hey CyberEvil...Double Izuna should be free now! Double Izuna is win. Ryu needs his own thread lol. I am very happy to see the ceiling game return.

The new Kasumi looks like a blast to play. I wish I would have had more time with the game. Her new options are all so flashy. The ninja characters are too much fun.

Shade

Some things I noticed while playing...

6PK is good. The problem, as myself and Hatrify found out later is, on CH the opponent can still slow escape and block most of her follow up options. I'm also not sure if the delayed version can be SS'd

She has trouble punishing whiffed attacks at mid range for decent damage

Her new 2KK string is iffy. On water its useful but I think in tournament play you'll probably never want to finish it much like 1PP.

I really like her 6K. She's always needed a midkick option that kept her close but stunned on CH.

33K is your best launcher after stun. hands down.

Not a fan of her 3P+K stance options. They are either all unsafe on block or in the throw's case, really slow. It looks nice if you're trying to style though.

She has two different parries. One where she immediately teleports behind a la (DOA2 and 3) and the advanced parry option that functions very similar to DOA4. The regular parry has alot of potential

Her flip throw is more difficult to react to than previous versions.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Hey CyberEvil...Double Izuna should be free now! Double Izuna is win. Ryu needs his own thread lol. I am very happy to see the ceiling game return.

The new Kasumi looks like a blast to play. I wish I would have had more time with the game. Her new options are all so flashy. The ninja characters are too much fun.
If by "double Izuna" you mean you can do the launcher, wait for the grounded state, then go into Shoho Izuna, then yeah, you can, though that's a monumental waste of damage potential lol. Cool points definitely would be awarded though.

Kasumi is absolutely a blast. She's also a bit more technical than ever before, which is true of Hayabusa to a larger degree and to Ayane as well. Hayate isn't as radically changed.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD