"Kasumi! Kasumi! Kasumi!" Ayane's angst thread

Gill Hustle

On my phone but wanted to title this one.

Just thought the title would be confusing, so let me clarify that this is a Kaumi discussion thread. :)

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Her 6PK is godly. Just putting it out there.

If you play her like you would Bass. I.E. poke strings instead of full string mix-ups, she's devastating. 6PK is too fast to react to and is safe on block via pushback. It also interrupts sidestep attempts and creates a good stun to start hunting for Critical Burst.

Gill Hustle

Imo if you play DOAD Kasumi Alpha and DOA 3 Kasumi you'll be better prepped for DOA5 Kas. Her combos are more favorable to those playstyles. Her teleport string enders are 6 p+k for neutral and just p+k for attack.

GLoRToR

Just who doesn't like the sellgoose of the series. I mean, you type her into google, there has to be more M-rated fan art on her than anything decent. But yes, she's one of my potential mains and I'm really looking forward to seeing her in action. NOT THAT KIND OF ACTION YOU PERVS!!

And yes, I do hope every character will need every string so that there will be no "one button wonders" like in some other fighting games out there. Hoping for a well balanced game full of mindgames that even veterans will need time to accustom to!

ErickBello

Oh I Have a Few Questions myself:

How Kasumi's ground game will be?
Which Properties has her 6PK? It leaves her at advantage?
Which are her options when she does the teleport? They're still the same as DOA3.1? or DOA4?
Which properties has her 66K2P?

Brute

Standard Donor
She looks more powerful in 5 than 4 from what I've seen, but I haven't seen many (if anyone) utilize her flips yet.

Allan Paris

How Kasumi's ground game will be?
Her force tech game is nothing to be caught in, still. So it is still good.

Which Properties has her 6PK? It leaves her at advantage?
What are you asking specifically? Are you talking about her 6PK now, or what it was in 4? Her 6PK now is unsafe, only in the middle of the floor is it crazy, especially against players that like to press buttons. If you do it to an opponent and their back is to the wall, the kick won't push and she can be punished.

Which are her options when she does the teleport? They're still the same as DOA3.1? or DOA4?
They work like DOA4 but at the same time like they were in 3.1/2U. It's weird, I have to spend a little more time with them to figure them out.

It's like DOA4 because depending on what she parries, she can get guaranteed follow ups. Its like 3.1/2U because the game doesn't allow you turn around as quick anymore so she gets to the opponents back faster. But then you have to factor in that the parry still works like DOA4. So when you think you can follow up you can't sometimes.

Which properties has her 66K2P?
That was never been a move that I know of in all of my years in playing her. Please stop saying 'properties' I don't think you know what you saying when you use the word. I may be wrong but, I don't think you do. 66K is a move itself, what version of DOA are you playing to get 2P after it?

kupo

How does Kasumi fair against a character as fast as her? Isn't Christie very fast as well?

Brute

Standard Donor
How does Kasumi fair against a character as fast as her? Isn't Christie very fast as well?

Yeah. I know that the counter system has been revamped for 5, but in DOA4 most Christie characters either
1) Attacked too fast, opening themselves to counters
or
2) Waited in her crouched stance too long, making her open to crouch throws.

But that's just my take. I seem to have very unorthodox perspectives on the game compared to most.

kupo

Humm I see what you're saying. Thanks.
I'm just asking because people say that she's a very fast character which means you have frame advantage over your opponent (depending on the character they're using ofc) but they also say that she has a lot of unsafe moves. So I'm just curious how Kasumi should deal with a character as fast as her.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD