"Kasumi! Kasumi! Kasumi!" Ayane's angst thread

Brute

Standard Donor
(Bracing for hate) Frame advantages are overrated, imo. They can be compensated for with distancing and quite often counters.

Allan Paris

Wait, she still has a good force tech game? Awesome.

Yes, but not how it is in 4. If players lay on the ground then she can be a problem. Most players don't lay there, so on a better player getting her force tech to work as often as it did in 4 will be nearly impossible. I am saying it's still good because if she does force tech you the pressure she can apply after it is godlike; and not that her moves force tech so easily like before. Her 9K is the only move that I was able to find that gives a nice force tech. Just clearing that up.

How does Kasumi fair against a character as fast as her? Isn't Christie very fast as well?

Only time will tell, I didn't use her against another quick character. I am pretty sure she'll do just fine, though, she never had a problem with quick characters before. I really can't don't know how fast Christie is overall. I only looked at a select few moves, but I wasn't looking at her speed. She seemed to be the same speed she has was in DOA4.

Gill Hustle

I fought Mr. Kwiggle Christie with Kasumi and couldn't touch her in casuals :mad:. Makes me wish I played Awesmic ALOT MORE in DOA4.

Any case here's the casual stream between H2O Evil and myself Kasumi Mirror:

starts @ 3 min mark
http://www.twitch.tv/8wayrun/b/329905562

Quick notes and info:

Earlier I said DOA5 Kasumi seems to favor DOA2/3 Kas and DOAD Kas Alpha (DOAD's moveset and game system) Most stuff I remember from DOA4 wasn't as useful imo (mainly juggles) and I think Evil was trying that style with his juggles from what I could tell.

03:02:10 low kick counter into p6pkk still works

03:02:37 missed wall combo oppurtunity.

03:02:42 after 4 fp throw tried 9p corpse hop but that did like normal. 9k (formerly 6k) has corpse hopping properties I noticed in casuals afterwards.

03:03:33 236 fp throw "classic" bnb pp6pk2p still works.

03:03:45 1p 2p I think in some situations 8pk can substitute 2p.

03:04:06 another missed wall combo :(

03:04:08 Advanced mid kick hold to pp6pk2k again. this can work after 2 fp low throw as well. Also I noticed Shade Swifteye would do ppkk in same situation, but I feel that's better for guaranteed wall hits.

03:04:27 missed combo by trying to reset (old habits die hard).

03:04:36 H20 I believe tries for DOA4 bnb but it's no good.

03:04:48 successful wall damage (I'm learning :)) 6pkk might have worked as well.

Add anything else you guys notice.

Allan Paris

(Bracing for hate) Frame advantages are overrated, imo. They can be compensated for with distancing and quite often counters.

What? So are you able to keep your distance 100% of the time in every match you play? As well as hold everything? Eventually something will hit you on guard or NH hit and the moment that it does, lol. I can't wait until you play against Akria, you're going to scream.

Brute

Standard Donor
What? So are you able to keep your distance 100% of the time in every match you play? As well as hold everything? Eventually something will hit you on guard or NH hit and the moment that it does, lol. I can't wait until you play against Akria, you're going to scream.
You're blowing what I said out of proportion. I said they're over-rated, not irrelevant. Of course no one can maintain a perfect game 100% of the time. -_^
I simply believe that the advantage gained from them is not significantly greater than other factors that are often underplayed.

onelasttime

Does anybody know the input for the combo Kayane used at e3?
It went like cb - 33p - ppk then teleport through.

Brute

Standard Donor
Does anybody know the input for the combo Kayane used at e3?
It went like cb - 33p - ppk then teleport through.
They were showing that off in one of the exhibition videos, iirc. I believe it involves a P+K at the end, but I'm not entirely sure.

IceMage95

Here's the input that Kayane used to get the critical burst: 66KK-6P+K(CB)-33P-PP7KP+K.

Edit: I think Kayane used a different method at 33P. As long as it launches an opponent, PP7KP+K works.

Allan Paris

Yes, the kick needs to hit. She has quite a few options from it. Following up with the slice down punch isn't a must to do thing every time.

Paulina

No. I got it. "Marsha! Marsha! Marsha!"
Ooooh, ratfink! You thunder-stealer.

janbrady.jpg

Jan is disappoint.

Shamelessly OT: Looking for that image, I came across this article. ._. That just ruined The Brady Bunch for me.

Shinigamimatt

Yes, but not how it is in 4. If players lay on the ground then she can be a problem. Most players don't lay there, so on a better player getting her force tech to work as often as it did in 4 will be nearly impossible. I am saying it's still good because if she does force tech you the pressure she can apply after it is godlike; and not that her moves force tech so easily like before. Her 9K is the only move that I was able to find that gives a nice force tech. Just clearing that up.

Bummer :_:. Thanks for clearing it up, though. Good to know it's there anyway, even if I only am able to get it 2% of the time.

Everyone I saw using her was playing unsafe after knockdowns. I think the safe thing would be to back off and let them get up, even if that leaves Kasumi at a disadvantage. Better safe than sorry.

Also, after reading again, what do you mean her 9K is a nice force tech? In DOA4 it was her flip. Is it different in DOA5?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Basically i've found the following juggles to do the most damage in the GVN/IPL build, which could change once the game comes out:

Low Kick Hold: KK7K6P+K PP7KP+K (force techs but might be techable depending on ground or weight)
33K: 66KK PP7KP+K
7K: 6P+K PP7KP+K

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD