"Kasumi! Kasumi! Kasumi!" Ayane's angst thread

Brute

Standard Donor
If by "double Izuna" you mean you can do the launcher, wait for the grounded state, then go into Shoho Izuna, then yeah, you can, though that's a monumental waste of damage potential lol. Cool points definitely would be awarded though.
Cool-guy factor indeed. I think a lot of the time Hayabusa players hamper their own potential due to the fact that they try and do Izunas at times where they're not optimal, but would still look cool. I know I do, at times. xD

Kasumi is absolutely a blast. She's also a bit more technical than ever before, which is true of Hayabusa to a larger degree and to Ayane as well. Hayate isn't as radically changed.
Glad to hear that.

Doug Nguyen

Any character with a throw that tosses the enemy into the air, and thus into the ceiling, gets a power blow for free. Both of the stages that have this possibility also can have power blows aimed into destructible walls (giving you another sitdown stun to play with) or over partitions down to another tier of the level. Bass can do it too, yeah.
Oh wow that sounds incredibly strong. But i thought after they hit the ceiling they fall and you have to launch them again to get any more damage. Is there that much time for you to even charge a powerblow.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Don't forget she can do it off her standing and crouching throw (236H+P, 1H+P).

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I know I did it in some matches but I can't recall when. I believe I may have done it in the casuals stream after top 8 on Sunday. Possibly the stream Saturday as well. Whenever I see a ceiling I get like a kid in a candy store and just fish for Izuna launchers into PB.

Shinigamimatt

I wouldn't say it was a nerf, it is still good. It's just different now. You really can't apply DOA4 tactics with DOA5 Kasumi. She doesn't work that way, not even a little. She is fun though, a lot of fun.

I know. I don't mind since her other moves like 33K make up for it. It was just very off putting when I found out. But I'm glad she's still fun. That's all I truly care about.

Chaos

Yup. Its that kick in her DOA4 PP6KK. I personally dont like that about her new 9K. It does launch or stun. It just knocks them down. I know it was over powered but i got so used to it, since i used it most for setting up combos and it was good at getting counter/hi counter strikes.
I've notice when I was watching some videos that her 9k only knocks the opponent down. I really hate that it doesn't launch
them in air anymore and hope they fix it but I think its too late to fix/change anything since DOA5 is going gold. :(
Also, whats the point of her 6kk if the first cartwheel kick can't even launch the opponent? thats fucking stupid. :mad:

Doug Nguyen

I've notice when I was watching some videos that her 9k only knocks the opponent down. I really hate that it doesn't launch
them in air anymore and hope they fix it but I think its too late to fix/change anything since DOA5 is going gold. :(
Also, whats the point of her 6kk if the first cartwheel kick can't even launch the opponent? thats fucking stupid. :mad:
Yeah i guess people thought it was too over powered since it was so fast and had good range. And was a good hi counter attack since it beat out many attacks. But yeah i hate it too. The only reason i see to use it now is to force tech someone. Thats how i used it in DOA4 also.

Chaos

People think everything is Overpowered, if they think some moves are OP, they need to LEARN how to avoid it. I bet you when DOA5 be around for about 2 mounths, people would be so butthurt because they get their ass whoop by lets see....Tina, Bass, jannlee,
sarah, akria aaaannnd of cource, RYU HAYABUSA. Then they want TN to come out a patch so that characters are nerf the wrong way and all of sudden, the balance of the game would all fuck up.

ErickBello

Hmm, I have a question... Kasumi still has that kind of bitch slap on DOA2U / DOA3? The imput was simply :P+K:

and you could pull this combo:
:3::F+K: · :P+K: · :3::3::P: · :P::P::6::P::K::K: ( or :P::P: ·:F: · :7::K: is easier to land but does less damage)

Because I haven't played DOA4, like... seriously.

Allan Paris

Yes, that punch is still there, P+K. I don't know if has floating properties to do all of that in DoA5. We'll have to see in a few weeks.

Mr.Kwiggle

yea idk maybe after a stun it can be useful but for right now idk what 2 do with it, that was a stun i liked 2 use since she had a few options after it.

Allan Paris

She only had 2 options after it. A low that could been seen a mile away and another mid punch. The string P+KP is now a sit down on CH and on NH P6PP puts the opponent in a crouching state and they can be grabbed low. But Your opponent literally had to put the controller down for you to pull this off.

Mr.Kwiggle

haha well when i said a few a few options meant that you could hold forward after doing P+K. she could either throw you after that, hit you with her elbow after an attempted counter or do KK. what i used to like doing was P+K then pause followed by another P+K6 which would launch you and then do KK.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD