When do you think DOA6 will be released and what do you want to see in it

Release date predictions

• 2014-15

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • 2016+

Votes: 105 92.1%

• Total voters

d3v

I could play Street Fighter if I wanted a boring ass fighting game for boring people with no reward system. I hate to pick on the proverbial "fat kid in the parking lot" but I think we can fairly objectively say that the game relies more on its name than anything else, which is probably the dumbest reason ever to play a game.
God forbid people actually play the game because they like it (and I'm saying this as someone who's made top 8 in an SFIV tournament).

As it stands now, AE2012 is the only major tournament game that focuses more on the neutral game and fundamentals whereas most other 2D fighters are more oriented on flashy and long combos. Even in it's somewhat neutered form due to the game's defensive nature, SFIV still about the basics and fundamentals, compared to something like Marvel of BlazBlue where it's more about learning to convert stray hits into damage.

Argentus

He is also NOT a Soul Calibur character.

He was in SC2 lol.

Of course I can. I started with MK3 which actually was a good solid graphic game. Street Fighter on the other hand is a boring game for boring people. think of the mind-numbed banality it must take to derive pleasure from this activity. Beat someone up by mashing a bunch of buttons, and then... go to the next stage!! and then... beat someone up again! I say be lucky you didn't have the police called on you, asshole. You're a winner!!

Some time I should really tell you about my hiatus from fighting games in general. You'd probably relate to the person who burned me out on them.

*smh* Really? and you claim I don't get humor. If no sexy women are your type...

...you just described Mortal Kombat as well, dipstick lol.

God forbid people actually play the game because they like it (and I'm saying this as someone who's made top 8 in an SFIV tournament).

As it stands now, AE2012 is the only major tournament game that focuses more on the neutral game and fundamentals whereas most other 2D fighters are more oriented on flashy and long combos. Even in it's somewhat neutered form due to the game's defensive nature, SFIV still about the basics and fundamentals, compared to something like Marvel of BlazBlue where it's more about learning to convert stray hits into damage.

Exactly. I'm not a fan of capcom fighters at all, but I cant stand the seizurespazzanimefighters due to that nonsense.

I do enjoy using Guile and Alex, however. Those grapples...

Argentus

As a guest character. It's like saying that Scorpion is a DC Comics character just because he was in Injustice.

No, it's like saying I want to see Spawn in DOA lol.

I'll be honest, I was trying to compromise between "characters I liked" and "characters who could POSSIBLY translate to DOA". Voldo because his weapons are negligible, and Spawn because of similar reasons (he had a lot of offhand/backhand, stylish spinning, but could easily do without the actual axe, just smacking with his gauntlet instead or something.) Only other second character I could think of would be maybe Talim, who also uses "fist weapons" to an extent.

d3v

No, it's like saying I want to see Spawn in DOA lol.

I'll be honest, I was trying to compromise between "characters I liked" and "characters who could POSSIBLY translate to DOA". Voldo because his weapons are negligible, and Spawn because of similar reasons (he had a lot of offhand/backhand, stylish spinning, but could easily do without the actual axe, just smacking with his gauntlet instead or something.) Only other second character I could think of would be maybe Talim, who also uses "fist weapons" to an extent.
Then you might as well not have mentioned Soul Cal when recommending Spawn in the first place.

Argentus

Then you might as well not have mentioned Soul Cal when recommending Spawn in the first place.

But spawn was in soul calibur. He was my main in 2.

Doesn't matter if he was a guest character or not, its the only fighting game he was in, and his style I think would suit DOA.

d3v

But spawn was in soul calibur. He was my main in 2.

Doesn't matter if he was a guest character or not, its the only fighting game he was in, and his style I think would suit DOA.
And if McFarlane by chance let him be a guest in the next DOA, then he will most likely not have the same moveset as in Soul Cal 2 (lest Namco/Project SOUL take them to court).

gnooz

I want a character who "really" uses his sword just like Yoshimitsu. I want to cut those girls into pieces.

gnooz

Yes.

sword_gif_test_by_zendar13-d4jg4e2.gif

Genra was the only fighter who had ever used his sword in battle.

Yes Ryu and Hayate they don't use their swords why they carry them then? :) I want Genra back I can try him this time I really annoyed by boob fans...

Brute

Standard Donor
Hayabusa carries his sword with him at all times because let's be honest here, I wouldn't trust the Hayabusa clan to protect the legendary Dragon Sword anymore than my baby sister. Seems like some crazy shit rolls through and wipes them all out every other day of the week.

Like Aerospark said, he doesn't need it. Just likes to keep it safe and look cool at the same time.

Rawbietussin

Yes Ryu and Hayate they don't use their swords why they carry them then? :) I want Genra back I can try him this time I really annoyed by boob fans...

Just think of it as an integral part of the overall costume even though it looks like they have them on just for show in DOA.

gnooz

Hayabusa carries his sword with him at all times because let's be honest here, I wouldn't trust the Hayabusa clan to protect the legendary Dragon Sword anymore than my baby sister. Seems like some crazy shit rolls through and wipes them all out every other day of the week.

Like Aerospark said, he doesn't need it. Just likes to keep it safe and look cool at the same time.

Nah.

NG3_SS_B_2_020_Dubai_thumb1.jpg

Please don't play to the crowd and we all know who is Ryu.

Kronin

Well I think that in the end even Hayabusa realized it, seeing like the Eye of the Dragon is currently fused inside the soul of Momiji and no more left on Kureha's tomb XD

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD