• 2014-15

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • 2016+

Votes: 105 92.1%

• Total voters

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
So anyways, I think DOA6 needs a female like Nitara (from MK). Her fighting styles are Leapard fist and Fu Jow Pai.

nitara_mkda_alt_mka_alt_by_molim-d5pbdp7.jpg

Mkda_BODY_NITARA_ALT.png

I always liked her alternate costume.

Pink Nitro

I really like Nitara.
I would like to see a Brazilian/African characters (young boy or girl, doesn't matter) who ends up learning some things from Lisa. Can't have enough Lisa

ManekiNeko

One question: Why do the percentages only add up to 97.6%? I guess David's vote doesn't count. That's what you get for requesting more dudes.

Rawbietussin

I believe that there should be true equality. Either make the guys put something on or let the girls go completely topless and show their tits. Plain and simple.

There's Alpha-152.

For every gamer girl and gaymer, there are at least 3-4 people that play it for the good parts like me. Also, from what I've read, many of the "gaymers" love the women because they are strong and independent. Your argument is not only derivative, it is also partially irrelevant.

Are you saying gaymers aren't entitled to like the female characters for such characteristics or play/main as them? Just because we like guys it doesn't mean we can't play a female character.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
I think DOA should stay away from getting too supernatural. Yeah, we have ninjas and a science experiment now, but much of the cast is largely human. I actually like that the supernatural and sci-fi elements are somewhat kept to a minimum in this iteration of the series.

ManekiNeko

Not sure what your problem is but you're the first member on this site to make my ignore list. Congratulations. :/

That was a joke, relax Dave. This is what happens when you ask for more men and fewer women in a sexy game like Dead or Alive. Your sense of humor goes out the window and you become a, well, I don't know what to call it but it's lacking a sense of humor.

There probably was a person who tested the poll out then hid the option. Still, the idea of ignoring the requests of anyone who wants more ugly shirtless guys like Tengu is a good one. Better yet, give all the men their own game, call it "Ugly or Uglier" and see how it sells.

Wow, I'm on the ignore list of a person with no sense of humor. Congratulations.

Last edited:

Rawbietussin

I'll just take that you are a person who has no appreciation for the other side of the roster. If you got nothing nice to suggest for them, best to leave them alone untouched.

For the sake of the greater good though, why not just suggest for an option to customize the roster instead of asking them to remove the other half of the cast? That way you can cross out all of those whom you don't want to see and play the game normally without having to suck out the fun for those of us who enjoy playing male characters.

Berzerk!

The great thing about DOA is not its "sexiness", but the level of equality and empowerment of the female roster. I know more females who have at least attempted playing DOA than most other fighters, but the "sex appeal" is actually lame and tawdry for the most part and undercuts that.

There's an opportunity for DOA in the future to truly be accessible with such a great cast of both male and female characters.

ManekiNeko

The great thing about DOA is not its "sexiness", but the level of equality and empowerment of the female roster. I know more females who have at least attempted playing DOA than most other fighters, but the "sex appeal" is actually lame and tawdry for the most part and undercuts that.

There's an opportunity for DOA in the future to truly be accessible with such a great cast of both male and female characters.

Right because magically all the people that hate DoA are suddenly going to turn around and tell everyone how great of a game it suddenly is!

I can tell you right now if you took the sex appeal out of the game what would happen, because I've spent enough time in college to know what stuck-up prude shitheads like that act like. The people that hate it (except for a few weirdos) would laugh and say that Dead or Alive sold out or that this was the death of the franchise. See, losers who hate sex appeal in general (like the psychopaths in college campuses who hate men) do not thrive on any sort of equality. They'd rather find something new to protest. You can't make these people happy by taking away sexiness. The only people you'd make happy are a very small hair of people.

The people that like the sexiness (you know, not people who are screwed up in the head) would turn around and ask for the boobs. This part has already been documented because TN tried making the boobs smaller in DoA 5 and it was so well received that they didn't do anything about it... oh wait. Yes they did. The fans demanded bigger boobs in droves.

If you took the sexiness away, what you'd be left with is a Street Fighter clone, and quite frankly, no one would like that because (duh) why play the clone when you can play the original?

Loss of sales: 35-45%.

FatalxInnocence

Anyway, apart from the character type I mentioned I'd also like to see more customization options for the current cast. And by customization I don't mean full on, I mean just like what we have now but more variety. Different hairstyles, more for each girl/guy etc.

I also hope that we adopt the arcade's idea with the customization, it's cooler to be able to see the changes you make live action as opposed to hoping you chose the right thing and going into the match blind.

More stage variety with weather change options would also be a nice touch. I'd also like the individual story modes back, the current one is cool- and I'd be okay with it IF everybody took part in it. Like doing 1 character unlocked another and this went on until every characters episodes were complete followed by the true ending.

Basically like it is now, but with EVERY character. It's kinda stupid that some characters missed out in DOA5.

gnooz

They should seperate the sexiness and "game" this is a fighting game they should do DOAX or DOAP for sexiness but they choose easy way and mixed the game maybe this is clever move or not who knows?? I think it is cheap.

ManekiNeko

I'll just take that you are a person who has no appreciation for the other side of the roster. If you got nothing nice to suggest for them, best to leave them alone untouched.

Give them their own game and call it "ugly or uglier" although I think that would work better for Tekken. BTW, if you really are gay, one question: Why don't you play Tekken Revolution instead? They're full of really ugly dudes with no shirt on. I mean Kazuma, Bryan, Devil Jin, Marshall Law? I take one look at that and see them as the 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th member of the Village People. J/S.

For the sake of the greater good though, why not just suggest for an option to customize the roster instead of asking them to remove the other half of the cast? That way you can cross out all of those whom you don't want to see and play the game normally without having to suck out the fun for those of us who enjoy playing male characters.

I'm quoting this because I think this is a fantastic idea. However, I don't think FG's in general will allow this. I have no idea why, because in 20 years of making the same game, you think someone would allow a custom fighting roster or a selection of characters that you want in or out. My guess is that it's due to the feasibility of online matches. Like you might not like Jann Lee but you'd still have to face him because someone else would. There should be an option to exclude certain players in online matches.

Last edited:

Juihau

Give them their own game and call it "ugly or uglier" although I think that would work better for Tekken. BTW, if you really are gay, one question: Why don't you play Tekken Revolution instead? They're full of really ugly dudes with no shirt on. I mean Kazuma, Bryan, Devil Jin, Marshall Law? I take one look at that and see them as the 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th member of the Village People. J/S.
Just be aware that similar comments could easily be directed at you. There are a number of other games featuring an all-female cast that either aren't wearing much, or won't be by the end of a fight.

ManekiNeko

Just be aware that similar comments could easily be directed at you. There are a number of other games featuring an all-female cast that either aren't wearing much, or won't be by the end of a fight.

Most of them don't play as well in my opinion, like I tried a demo of Girlfight and it was certainly sexy enough but the game play didn't grab my attention AND the critics suggested Dead or Alive if I wanted a sexy game. Just think about that one.

What the FG community needs is a game that's sexy enough for me yet also plays well and isn't punishingly difficult.

Berzerk!

Right because magically all the people that hate DoA are suddenly going to turn around and tell everyone how great of a game it suddenly is!

Accessibility is about new players, not the current scene. The FGC is small, and DOA has appeal for new customers.
There's no request from players to complete remove its "sexiness" but it doesn't have to go down the path of blatant, shallow and cheap to retain its current base. It needs to find a better balance especially to not turn away female players.

ManekiNeko

Accessibility is about new players, not the current scene. The FGC is small, and DOA has appeal for new customers.
There's no request from players to complete remove its "sexiness" but it doesn't have to go down the path of blatant, shallow and cheap to retain its current base. It needs to find a better balance especially to not turn away female players.

Somehow the people here seem to forget that the DoA 5 demo had the girls with smaller tits and the fans demanded the boobs to be bigger.

I hate to explain this a second time but I feel I have to. Do you know what differentiation is? I won't fault you if you don't, it's a graduate school level concept and I don't expect everyone to, especially in the FGC, as you say.

Fighting games are like pizzas in a way. You can get it anywhere. You can play Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Tekken, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, King of Fighters or any of 20 bazillion other games. In the same light, if you want a pizza, you can go to Domino's, Little Caesar's, Pizza Hut, Papa John's, Round Table, etc.

Differentiation basically states that you stand out from your competitors in a way. Street Fighter doesn't have to because it has the name. Mortal Kombat has the fatalities, Killer Instinct has the weird graphics, Soul Calibur has the cool weapons, King of Fighters had the fact that Neo Geo machines were everywhere back in the day, and Dead or Alive has the sex appeal. I still can't figure out what Tekken has, tbh.

Dead or Alive has so much sex appeal that even when a game is different (like GirlFight) if it uses sex, they compare it to that game immediately. Toning it down would make people say "Well, this game has turned into Street Fighter" or "This game has turned into Tekken". If they want to play a less sexy game, there are plenty of them out there.

So I say rather than turning away from its reputation, turn around and embrace it, because there is a lot of money to be made in DLC if they do even if they don't sell 5 million units.

Rawbietussin

Again. If you got nothing nice to suggest for them, best to leave them alone untouched. I like 5/5U's graphics better. Why do you insist to keep on suggesting the other games? It's not like this game is banned for gaymers. I even played the watered-down PSP version of the volleyball spinoff for a solid 3 months and no, that didn't made me anywhere less gay.

I don't play Tekken Revolution due to the fact that my main (Anna) isn't there. I may have my subs (Lili and Miguel) but I prefer getting the character I am most accustomed to first.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Well, I can probably already imagine that if ManekiNeko has the Core Fighters version of DOA5U, his roster would just be all of the female characters. He'll just have to ignore Ryu and Hayate.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD