• 2014-15

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • 2016+

Votes: 105 92.1%

• Total voters

Rawbietussin

2016+.

What I want to see?

- More redheads (male and female characters)
- Equal amount of costumes between male and female characters
- More hairstyles/hair colors and glasses options
- No more recolors/pallete-swap/hand-me-down costumes and alternate underwear options

SpellBound

More characters of course; original characters or crossover like the vf cast and ryu
Transgender or cross dressing character.
Big customization and colour swaps
Amazing graphic; for course that will happen
Bit more battle damage; ripped clothing, cuts, scraps, bruises, mild blood.

Crext

Standard Donor
I actually read a post about team ninja mentioning this at their facebook page or something. They mentioned DoA6, so I am guessing it is not "that" far off. Oh ye, they made the DoA6 group too.
I'm sure the info will pop up there soon enough.

The only message is in the headline "coming soon for the next fight".

I am betting on an early release like DoA5 with an updating version 1 year later like with DoA5U. This approach would push the first release out earlier.

We have also seen many games been released both for PS3/360 and PS4/XONE.
If they follow boot and simply update the graphics and add some minor features + a continued story, then that shouldn't be so much work. They could even do it within the end of the year if they do that.

It basically boils down to how much they need to do from scrap, how long they've planned ahead and how much resources they've put into it (in other words how early they want it out). Another positive note that may give it an earlier release date is that the PS4 and XONE systems are much more similar and it is easier creating it for both compared to PS3 and 360.

So ye, hoping 2014. Think it will be 2015. Later than 2016 seems very unlikely.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I'm expecting to get DOA6 very soon. Based on modern TN's cash cow attitude with constant DLC costumes and making several releases of all their games, I'm betting on them cashing in on the new consoles by putting a new DOA on them in 2015 or 2016. Leaning more towards the former though.

It's also quite possible that we'll see another release of 5 on the new consoles by the end of this year.

What do I want to see in the next game? Take a guess.

legibifou

I don't expect having any news about DOA6 before a long time. I guess there will be a new ninja gaiden before (announcement: E3 2014; launch: september 2015... DOA6: announcement: E3 2015 or later? lauch: September 2016 or later?).

What I would like to see (All my ideas!):

-> Beautiful graphics, with fine textures, for both characters and stages. Why not the most beautiful game at its launch? The game of which press will say "The game that really shows what XBOX One and PS4 can do".
A lot of complexe (no more square!), interactive, beautiful and colourful multi-tiered stages. Only multi-tiered stages, with an "only one floor" option for tag. A lot of japanese theme and nature theme stages. Each one having a powerblow special dangerzone. The come back of objects, inside stages, where we can jump over (DOA4).
More physic details for characters: improvement of sweat effects, wet effects, ripped clothing (thank you Spellbound for the idea!)
More physic details for stages, with photorealistic graphics: reflection in water, snow effects, etc.

-> No more guests, more new fighters (2 girls, 2 boys) and a new boss.

-> Original mini-games: - Xtreme beach games, to unlock a lot of accessories (glasses, necklaces, haircut...)
- A stage creation option.
- Mini-games with little challenges: For exemple, the only way to win is to ring out the opponent, etc.

-> An improvement of the gameplay with more guaranteed damages, more unholdable stun and no more slow escape. A special way to finish a combo where you can choose if you want (or not) that your opponent interacts with the stage.

Nameless Sama

1.More beautiful /nature with weather changes.
An example the same stage but with night , raining stuff etc.

2. More Cliffhanger options
We have only 2 Stages with Cliifhanger options. It shouldnt be wasted. BTW. What do you think about tag cliffhanger attacks ? Same rules but instead of 1 there will be 2 characters after 1 character landed a successful attack.

3. The same number of costumes between males and females.
I really want more Fighter Outfis or better say Outfits for their Fighting sytle. How should I say it. It should fit for their Fighting style and it should fit of course. It should be a sgin for them. Sorry for my expression.

4. A balanced Tag system like DOA4. who these who dont know DOA4 or havent played DOA4 here are some description. Less Juggles less damage than DOA5 and DOAU5. No infintive juggels like Sarah etc. Okay the Juggels are ok but it should be make so much damage.

5. Hmm Character customization is a good idea. Hmm the dlc would be fewer so no cloue swaps but the dlc in VF5 FS the customization stuff are too esxpensive for example.
Tekken are very good at this point because all of these customization stuuf are int the game and you can unlock it with some coins which you can get only certain modes.

6 THE MOST WANTED change in DOA history is THE BETTER NETCODE.

David Gregg

It's completely dependent on TN's current plans (which they're very good at keeping under wraps). Seeing as how 5U arcade is a little over a month old and the newest character isn't even coming to consoles until this spring, I'd say 6 is definitely not coming out for a decent amount of time (2016 even seems too early). TN is making an effort to draw in an arcade crowd as well as bring more popularity to 5U and releasing 6 too soon would take away from that (ex: why would you want to play Marie Rose or any character for that matter at the arcades when you can play them in 6 with their updated changes/improved graphics/new stages/etc...).

Crext

Standard Donor
True, Gregg. To be honest anything can happen seeing as we got a new generation so late, and DoA has had tradition to always come early on the new consoles, yet DoA5 comes at the very end of this one. There has been so many factors and it took 7 years between the games (14 on PS), and right there you have most definitely lost half your fan base (most likely a lot more). Other games are in version 13+ or has had more than 1 release every year since the beginning of time. Some people (most) buy the game and stay active at or around launch. A 2-3 year old game is mostly only played by the devoted and hardcore, and won't bring in much new blood (could harvest on costumes though, by all means).

Also as you mention, why would people play a Dead or Alive game in the arcades with bad graphics/etc. instead of some other rival fighting game (with all improved elements on the PS4/XONE? This is exactly why DoA needs to come out faster this time around, or they risk losing a whole generation. Surely the fright for cannibalization I'd imagine would be far less than the fear of losing marked share to the competitors. Also, they live off a high quality product in regards to graphics, where this is their competitive advantage. If they keep stalling things just to get more to buy the older product they'd might hurt their brand as people just associate it with "that old game".

But ye, if they are true to their development time as last time, they will even miss this console completely and has to plan for PS5 and XTWO (this generation is expected to last max 4-5 years, so they don't have the luxury of waiting 7 years for this one). 2020 here we go! :)

Aven Kujo-Gin

They better take their time until the release of DOA6, I don't want to first buy the game and then a year later need to buy DOA6U because the original was lacking of content that should have been there in the first place. So plese, make things right TN, you now have the money to do.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
It seems a bit early to think about DOA6, as DOA5U(A) is getting some traction. Despite what people think, it's been a good year for DOA5 and Team Ninja is capitalizing on it. They've done a pretty good job of supporting the game with DLC. If they do release DOA6, I want it to be the ONLY version of the game I have to buy. Either that or do the SSF4 model, where I can just upgrade to the "Ultimate" edition for a fee.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD