When do you think DOA6 will be released and what do you want to see in it

Release date predictions

• 2014-15

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • 2016+

Votes: 105 92.1%

• Total voters

gnooz

I really don't want fast game DOA5 is faster than DOA3. Game is pretty fast lol.

Offline is pretty boring and same. Can't they create something new and different other than survival and time attack? This is for all fighting games! I want to unlock characters via story mode. I want to meet with them in games story. A character should be unlocked after she/he appears in story or anything like that. Alpha 152 was unlockable in DOA5 and there are titles and some costumes for unlock but this isn't enough. They sell characters, first they should create a game!

Malibu

As much as i want to be hopeful for 2015 DOA6 to compete with tekken 7, they are sitll supporting DOA5 alot so i would love some DOA on my ps4 but....that isnt happening.

But as for characters i want a cat girl.

d3v

I really don't want fast game DOA5 is faster than DOA3. Game is pretty fast lol.

Offline is pretty boring and same. Can't they create something new and different other than survival and time attack? This is for all fighting games! I want to unlock characters via story mode. I want to meet with them in games story. A character should be unlocked after she/he appears in story or anything like that. Alpha 152 was unlockable in DOA5 and there are titles and some costumes for unlock but this isn't enough. They sell characters, first they should create a game!
I want to not have to play story mode to make sure that all characters are available in all stations for tournaments.

gnooz

I want to not have to play story mode to make sure that all characters are available in all stations for tournaments.

If you really doesn't care about story or anything how could you enjoy the game, how could you be successfull at tournaments? I don't think you can achieve anything in tournaments. Don't join in any tournament first sit and finish story mode okay?:)

Brute

Standard Donor
If you really doesn't care about story or anything how could you enjoy the game, how could you be successfull at tournaments? I don't think you can achieve anything in tournaments. Don't join in any tournament first sit and finish story mode okay?:)
I'm guessing this post is meant to be some kind of joke.

Reactions: d3v

gnooz

I'm guessing this post is meant to be some kind of joke.

Yep it is joke because you can achieve without story mode but it is kinda sad. Game should be rewarding in some way for those who finish story mode should gain access to new characters. If you want to join tournaments you can join with already available characters. Why always an objection to my opinions?

0she-s-mad-o.gif

d3v

Because, like it or not, story mode does not make you any better at the game. Nothing prepares you for competition like facing other players. Additionally, the game is emergent, meaning that majority of the strategies and tactics you need to win against real players are created or discovered by the players themselves. This means that the computer AI will never be a good substitute for live competition.

The other point you're missing is logistics. More often than not, the consoles used for tournaments aren't the players own consoles themselves, but those owned either by the venue or by the tournament organizer. This means that there will be times that this will be the first time that the game will run on some of these consoles. With a large tournament, having to unlock characters for these consoles takes time and effort.

Aven Kujo-Gin

DOA5 faster than DOA3? No way, I still play DOA3 and I can say for sure that is faster than DOA5.

TLEE SAID THIS:

BRAIN BLAST!

How about interactable objects?

Say for example, that under construction stage with the steel girders. Let's say you're fighting and you come across a bucket, cone, construction hat, or a pile of dry cement. There can be a button or a combination that allows your character to kick the bucket, throw the cone/construction hat/ cement powder at your opponent and put them in stun if not blocked, ducked, or side-stepped. There can be variations with items causing damage + stun, only damage, or only stun. Some items can also be exclusive to some character archetypes. For example, Bass, Leon, Bayman, and Rachel can pick up and swing/throw large tables, chairs, and pots. Ryu, Jann Lee, Kasumi, and Ayane can pick up and briefly use martial art weapons found lying around the floor or on walls of the arena before discarding it. Make it an integral part of the gameplay and not some lame gimmick. Make the fights seem no hold barred with the fighters not being above dirty tactics.

Xernuht

Yep it is joke because you can achieve without story mode but it is kinda sad. Game should be rewarding in some way for those who finish story mode should gain access to new characters. If you want to join tournaments you can join with already available characters. Why always an objection to my opinions?

Simple: matchup knowledge. You can learn a lot by simply having access to a character, be it through AI 'training' or being able to go through their movelist to find unsafe points to throw punish. Without immediate access, you end up with things like vanilla Alpha-152 not getting rebalanced until v1.03/DOA5U.

That said, a more harmless reward for story mode completion would be better. Maybe Story Mode-exclusive costume unlocks.

Anyways, for why I came here. I'd like to see some of Alpha's tech pass to Phase-4. Carry over a couple strings, a couple changes to her jumping stances to stuff from F.L.O.A.T., B.U.R.S.T as a 3-stage throw, R.U.S.H as a 2-stage OH... things to help pad out her hopelessly underdeveloped moveset.

Last edited:

Brute

Standard Donor
You don't learn match-up knowledge from the story. But that's okay, because you should not have to labor yourself with the single-player in order to access full multiplayer features.

gnooz

It seems this thread was way too early lol. You see TN keep going crazy. It never happened before I mean I don't get the logic Helena keep announcing DOA5 tournament as if it never happened. DOA5 tournement will happen with new characters and new stages yes AGAIN. It is unbelievable isn't it? Guys erase your DOA5 tournament from your memory cuz it never happened it will happen next spring. If you don't believe me watch the DOA5LR trailer :)

Weird cuz before ULTIMATE meant compiliation in DOA history but now some clevers use this title as a game sequel or what?TN please enlighten me.

DOA5 broke the record of stupidity imo lol.

Kronin

@gnooz: DoA2 got 5 different versions of the game considering even DoA2U: all of this is happening now just because it's ended the age where DoA was an exclusivity for Xbox and far from the arcade scene. It's nothing so astonishing IMO, and even if this has behind surely commercial purposes that can go against the fans for a side, from another is really able to make good to the status of the series (the remake situation I mean).

gnooz

Yes DOA2's final edition was Hardcore. I don't count console specials there are many versions. So my point is they never added characters and stages THIS WAY. Tournaments never repeated. New characters Helena and others added with their own story in Hardcore. Hayashi keep saying they revolutionised the series but he is a bad copy of Itagaki IMO :)

Edit: Who was the boss before Tengu in DOA2? Just wondered. So maybe DOA2 tournament repeated itself too I am not sure :)

Last edited:

Kronin

Yes DOA2's final edition was Hardcore. I don't count console specials there are many versions. So my point is they never added characters and stages THIS WAY. Tournaments never repeated. New characters Helena and others added with their own story in Hardcore. Hayashi keep saying they revolutionised the series but he is a bad copy of Itagaki IMO :)

On consoles DoA2 ended to get 2 different versions for DC, 2 different ones for PS2 (the last one is not the NA/EU "Hardcore" but "Hard*Core", released only in Japan - we are lucky to not get country exclusivity with DoA5) and finally DoA2U.

While in the totality of the version were added only 2 characters (Bayman and Tengu) and Hitomi at last, all the 5 versions include big differences in contents as stages and outfits (I'm not talking of the passage from DoA2H*C to DoA2U, but just about the first versions on DC and PS2).

gnooz

Simple: matchup knowledge. You can learn a lot by simply having access to a character, be it through AI 'training' or being able to go through their movelist to find unsafe points to throw punish. Without immediate access, you end up with things like vanilla Alpha-152 not getting rebalanced until v1.03/DOA5U.

That said, a more harmless reward for story mode completion would be better. Maybe Story Mode-exclusive costume unlocks.

Anyways, for why I came here. I'd like to see some of Alpha's tech pass to Phase-4. Carry over a couple strings, a couple changes to her jumping stances to stuff from F.L.O.A.T., B.U.R.S.T as a 3-stage throw, R.U.S.H as a 2-stage OH... things to help pad out her hopelessly underdeveloped moveset.

Hımm Alpha 152's situation was really big deal? They keep balancing the game always. We saw Leon and Gen fu infinites last month lol. Really I don't see any problem because Tournament holders can use unlocked discs and no problem :) So you guys don't play story mode I guess. I know it is so hard to finish that mode.

Waiting what will Hayashi do with DOA6. Actually you can see what will happen next because figthing game world gone mental. They doing the same things.

Kronin

Edit: Who was the boss before Tengu in DOA2? Just wondered. So maybe DOA2 tournament repeated itself too I am not sure :)

Sorry I explained myself bad: I wanted say that Bayman and Tengu were added as playable characters after the first version of DoA2. However, while Bayman was completely absent from the game, Tengu is always been the boss of it and so it's always been present (only not unlockable or playable, exactly as Genra in DoA3).

Xernuht

Hımm Alpha 152's situation was really big deal? They keep balancing the game always. We saw Leon and Gen fu infinites last month lol.

Her 7K was a +6 true mid guard break. Her BT version was 8 frames. She was a heavyweight. She didn't see a lot of action in tournaments because you had to get 300 titles to unlock her, which isn't particularly easy for some. Hell, I didn't so much as touch her until we got Exhibition Mode in v1.03. Because of this, few people tried to learn her and fewer still realized how ridiculous she was.

With 5U Arcade and full roster availability in the current version, it allows players to investigate these things more easily so that TN can hopefully adjust in a good way.

Really I don't see any problem because Tournament holders can use unlocked discs and no problem :) So you guys don't play story mode I guess. I know it is so hard to finish that mode.

Except that PS3 and I assume 360 save files can't be copied over without illegal hacks or leaving the account on the machine used for the tournament. Exhibition Mode does deal with this, but this wasn't available in the vanilla build.

Waiting what will Hayashi do with DOA6. Actually you can see what will happen next because figthing game world gone mental. They doing the same things.

I assume we'll be seeing some of our feedback on what went wrong with 5/5U/5LR reflected mechanically and in the story.

I also assume I'll enjoy it more than Tekken 7, no matter what Hayashi does.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD