New to FSD? Introduce yourself here.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Common misconception with fuzzy guarding is that by holding guard and pressing :2: will do it. However, that would just make you crouch. To fuzzy guard you have to forward crouch dash :3::3_: then tap guard to pop yourself back up :h:. It's typically best to do when you're at slight disadvantage such as -4 or -3.

FaceBeam

Hey everyone! A nefarious individual introduced me to DOA5 and recommended that I join FSD. I've been a 2D player for most of my life and when I started DOA, it frustrated me to the point of where I hated the game. But with a little practice and some coaching; I'm finally starting to understand and really enjoy it. I've also been trying to showcase the game at local tournaments where I live so I can build more interest and get a small following started where I live. I'm looking forward to joining this community!

Teksuo

Hey, what's up? I'm Tek, set up my profile a couple of days ago, but just now getting around to actually making a post. Some of you might remember me for DOA4 or Soul Calibur, I played both pretty heavily (used to participate in the DOA Central ranking tournaments from to time to time). Mostly looking for people to play DOA with and recruit for my clan, Agile Fury.

At present, I've been playing a lot of SCV, but I'm trying to get back into DOA5, just need people to play with; ranked match and randoms in quick battle get dull after a while and it'd be nice to just sit and BS with a few people. You can find me on XBL under Teksuo Hikari. I'm gonna be training on a few of games (DOA5, SCV and KOFXIII...MAYBE UMvC3) for tournaments hitting A-Kon in June, with DOA5 being biggest focus. DOA4 used to be my strongest game, but with my schedule and social circles coming into play, I haven't spent as much time on it as I'd like, so I'm planning on studying the hell out of strats and vids over the next few weeks. XD

Anyway, feel free to shoot me a message on here or live and I look forward to seeing you online! :D

Gamertag: Teksuo Hikari
AIM: Teksuo21
3DS FC: 4656 - 6242 - 3888
(Don't have DOA Dimensions yet, picking it up in the near future though).

Seina Yamada

Hey everyone. I usually lurk around on here quite a bit but decided I finally introduce myself XD. I'm Seina. I have been playing DOA since DOA4. Been playing doa 5 since for a bit and now trying to get better at it. If anyone ever wants someone to play with im usually available just send an invite or friend request on XBL.

GT: Seina Yamada
PSN: Seina_Yamada

MoneyspiderTodd

I forget to introduce myself XD

Hello, MoneyspiderTodd here; journalist, writer, ocassional penciller and fighting games' fan from the south of the earth. My favs in DOA are Bass/Mr Strong, Tina, Kasumi and La Mariposa/Tina and it's a pleasure become a member of this forum.

I hope learn a lot about all of you, people!

Greetings!

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Welcome to the most recent group of new members! Search around, get to posting, and don't be afraid to jump into a conversation. There's no shortage of keyboard commandos on the internet, and that includes this site, but just use the 'Ignore' feature on them and you're good to go!

MAX

Hey guys. Just another newb saying hi. My main is Brad Wong, but I'm not opposed to using random select once in a while. Makes things a little more interesting. I just hope my time here is better than some of the other gaming sites I've been on lately.

i live in johnstown pa. send me a msg if u live in johnstown

Bushido

Hey, I'm Bushido. I've actually never really played any fighting games until DOA5. Even though I've only been playing a few months I THINK I'm good lol. Always enjoy making new friends!

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
We have a subforum set up for NG in General Discussion. We look forward to having you join the discussion.

FakeSypha

Common misconception with fuzzy guarding is that by holding guard and pressing :2: will do it. However, that would just make you crouch. To fuzzy guard you have to forward crouch dash :3::3_: then tap guard to pop yourself back up :h:. It's typically best to do when you're at slight disadvantage such as -4 or -3.

Hmm, as far as I'm concerned those are 2 separate things. At least in VF. There is standard 'fuzzy guarding', which is made by holding G and taping 2 (ideally for use when -1 to -3 frames). And then there is 'crouch dash fuzzy guarding', which is made by 33G (ideally for use when -4 and -5 frames). So maybe there isn't really a misconception, but a bad transfer of techs/terms from other games, such as VF.

In the need of being less offtopic, I'll just say 'welcome to FSD' to all the new fellas in the last pages! :)

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Hmm, as far as I'm concerned those are 2 separate things. At least in VF. There is standard 'fuzzy guarding', which is made by holding G and taping 2 (ideally for use when -1 to -3 frames). And then there is 'crouch dash fuzzy guarding', which is made by 33G (ideally for use when -4 and -5 frames). So maybe there isn't really a misconception, but a bad transfer of techs/terms from other games, such as VF.

In the need of being less offtopic, I'll just say 'welcome to FSD' to all the new fellas in the last pages! :)

Well with the v1.03a changes allowing you to duck a high in 1 frame by just holding :h: and pressing :2:. I'd say both are possible now. Before, it was 5 frames to crouch from standing, now it's 1 (as long as a high is coming).

Kensei25

Been a lifelong fan of Ninja Gaiden since the NES days and used to hang out at NinjaFortress and IberiansNG Realm online back in the day Have always admired the FSD site but only now just realized there was a Ninja Gaiden forum here with some excellent discussion! Look forward to joining in with fellow serious fans!

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Been a lifelong fan of Ninja Gaiden since the NES days and used to hang out at NinjaFortress and IberiansNG Realm online back in the day Have always admired the FSD site but only now just realized there was a Ninja Gaiden forum here with some excellent discussion! Look forward to joining in with fellow serious fans!
Welcome to the fold. We'll see you around the forums, I'm sure.

peachyO

hello everybody!
i am very happy to have discovered this site :) I am new to the DOA series, but have seriously fallen in love with DOA5! I look forward to meeting new friends, learning the game better, and helping others to do so when i am able to. I main BASS!! I also very much love gen fu, christie, and bayman. i am also learning hayabusa and helena. i can't wait to browse these characters' forums and see what i can learn! thanks for having me on board :)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD