New Feature for 1.03A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Uhm i wouldn't call trashing the game while still playing it "sticking by this abomination through thick and thin" as you like to put it. Since those deeds do not attract players but rather scare them off and thus is not a positive thing for the game but rather negative(Im thinking you wouldn't call a wolf who is trying to kill a rabbit no matter what, "good for the rabbit" would you now?). Well from what i have seen in video's, streams and tournament reports it seem like the amount of players is increasing what do you base your observation on?

Forcing myself to play a game I do not enjoy could mean that I am a fool. Lying to myself and others about it, however, would make me delusional.

Damn near anyone who gets good enough to play the game at high level ends up hating it. How can you explain this phenomena? We didn't start playing the game because we thought it sucked. We started playing it because we thought it had potential, and we kept playing it because we wanted the game to realize its own potential and grow into it.

It has not done that, and the lower level players who can't understand the problems that it has keep trying to stunt its growth with their misguided opinions.

Berzerk!

Lets be fair, the game has come very far, it is very, very good, and to claim its been conquered and you know the nuances especially now that the new patch has dropped is premature.
There are many positive, interesting improvements to be explored. The new Wakeup game is huge. The change to duck speed and sidestep are still to be exploited. The hanger to the life settings has yet to be felt at a tournament.
Remember the discussion on life settings and how it made the game feel so much better, even before they improved all the other things?
Yeah, there's still plenty to uncover. I am still really enjoying the game, and its potential is there, but at the same time I'm not solely playing it and am practicing vf. But hey if you're just drained or not feeling it, quietly give it a break for however long you need.

But lets recognise how far the game has come and seriously it's a strong tournament game

Mailifang

::Sips Coffee::

Guys,Guys you all just need to relax. We all know must DOA players and fans suffer from some form of minority complex. I'm not gonna lie it was the fan service that got me into the series in the first place. You got pretty guys and bouncing hooters. Back in the mid to late 90's most fighting games had some boob bouncing mechanic yet Team Ninja boob physics out bounced them all.

Back then male gamer's thought boob bouncing physics in games were a hoot( HA! I made a pun). But back then Baywatch with Pamela Anderson was a top rated show. We also had more nudity in our rated R movies back then as well. These days male gamer's are just a bunch of whiny pussies.Yes, I said it. Male gamer's are the most vocal against anything remotely sexy in video games. Not only has the the definition of sexy changed over the last 8 yrs but blatant fan service is now frowned upon. Gamer's cry and moan over any form of sexual suggestion.Case in point Bayonetta. Many people enjoyed the game but considered the main character a slut.Even though she doesn't have sex in the game. I mean if your gonna throw the "slut tag" at a female character at least verify that they are engaging in some form of sexual activity. Now the females that Kratos bangs in the God of War mini game can be considered sluts.

I find it funny that most male gamer's whine about female characters with bust size over a B cup in a skimpy outfit. Case in point Soul Calibur 4. It was the first time that a good chunk of the FGC and the SC community as whole complained about boobs so bad that Namco decided to drop or replace most of its well endowed female characters in SC V. At least Namco was smart enough to put in a pretty in depth CAS (Create a Soul) system. That way perv gamer's can make as many busty female characters in skimpy outfits as they want.

I'm sure we could take this debate as far as sexism or sexploitation of women in video games. As a woman I been through all that bullshit. I just came to the conclusion that most men like beautiful sexy women. Ever since man developed the intelligence to realize we make them horny and discovered art by drawing naked women on cave walls, its just a part of nature. Over the last 20 yrs the battle of the sexes has shifted in our favor. Now we can sue men for sexual harassment at the the workplace if they just give us "dat ass" look. As the battle of the sexes shifted so has the sexual aggressiveness of men. Alpha males just adapted while Beta males became more whiny and even more insecure than they were before.

So how does all this bullshit I posted has to do with DOA? Well....not much really. The DOA fan base as a whole has always enjoyed the games sexiness no matter what only handful of top rated DOA players has to say about it. Has the fan service hurt the series in any way? Not really because DOA continues to sale pretty well. The blatant sexploitation shouldn't hamper the games competitive scene among its own fan base. So in that regard I feel the "DOA fan service is why the game isn't taken seriously" is a bull shit excuse that the FGC created in order to say something negative about the game. Sadly many in our high level community has bought into this bullshit as well.Most haters in the FGC never have said that DOA as a series is just bad or unplayable. Many in the FGC are just brainwashed into playing what everyone else plays.Which are Fighting games with insane combo counts, guaranteed damage, with text book strategies. DOA is a game that relies on execution,mind games, and reading your opponent. Text book strategies don't always work in DOA. The counter hold system makes the game random.Every move you make or don't make is a gamble.

DOA5 has a few game play options and tweaks to make the game more competitive by FGC standards. And because we had to wait 7 yrs for a sequel many of us DOA players played other fighting games in that span of time. The DOA high level community is the only community in the FGC that hates the game they love to play.

They hate it because many in the FGC talks shit about the fan service.
They hate it because DOA5 as game doesn't have mechanics that are standards in FGC competitive play.
They hate it because Team Ninja is ignoring most of the competitive DOA communities demands that will make the game something Team ninja doesn't want it to be.Team Ninja is trying to maintain its brand integrity by not changing the game according to FGC standards.
They hate it because they feel most of the DOA community as a whole is a waste of humanity because they play online and don't go to offline events.

These issues can easily resolved if the DOA community as whole just supports and play the game. Whether offline,online, in offline tournaments, or just having a gathering over your house for drinking and money matches. When I buy a DOA game I want to play a DOA game.

I want the counter holds.
I want the random ass Triangle game play system.
I want the busty female characters that can hold they're own and in some cases are better than the male characters.
I want pretty asian guys.
I want ninjas.
I wan Jann Lee in a thong.Wait....I haven't got that yet. I hope it happens soon or \you can add me to the list of whiny ass DOA haters ^_^.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Lets be fair, the game has come very far, it is very, very good, and to claim its been conquered and you know the nuances especially now that the new patch has dropped is premature.
There are many positive, interesting improvements to be explored. The new Wakeup game is huge. The change to duck speed and sidestep are still to be exploited. The hanger to the life settings has yet to be felt at a tournament.
Remember the discussion on life settings and how it made the game feel so much better, even before they improved all the other things?
Yeah, there's still plenty to uncover. I am still really enjoying the game, and its potential is there, but at the same time I'm not solely playing it and am practicing vf. But hey if you're just drained or not feeling it, quietly give it a break for however long you need.

But lets recognise how far the game has come and seriously it's a strong tournament game

I recognize how far it has come. But I do not agree it is anything remotely resembling a strong tournament game. There are too many illogical situations for that to be the case. If there are better options out there, there is no reason to play this except for the money. Tag might actually be the exception there, but nobody is playing it right now.

I don't enjoy trashing my own game, but honesty is a bitch.

Sam Sultan

Why would you force your self to play a game you don't enjoy i really don't get this specially when you are a competitive player. Why not go and play all those other fighters which are more like the fighting game you want than DOA could ever be, why do i not see any of you winning a tournament or even getting to the top 8 participating in any other fighter besides DOA(except for mamba thats one dude i know playes other fighters as well and goes to tournaments etc.) when everything your asking for in this game is already provided to you in another game. Honestly i see a bunch of people who want DOA to play like Tekken or VF and yet somehow none of them is competing in any of these other games at a high level.
Don't get me wrong i don't want you guys to quite this game far from that i just wonder why someone hating a game while having the option to play alternative fighting games don't play the other games on a high level and stick on playing this game.
Also i play this game at a high level i understand al if the mechanics and use most of them in a fight and i don't hate this game in fact i like it more than any other fighting game out there, i could name you a few other players as well.

P1naatt1ke1tt0

My wild guess is that in order to place top 4 in Marvel or SF4 you have to be a fighting game prodigy. The skill level at the top of the most popular FGs is unreal.

Mailifang

Why would you force your self to play a game you don't enjoy i really don't get this specially when you are a competitive player. Why not go and play all those other fighters which are more like the fighting game you want than DOA could ever be, why do i not see any of you winning a tournament or even getting to the top 8 participating in any other fighter besides DOA(except for mamba thats one dude i know playes other fighters as well and goes to tournaments etc.) when everything your asking for in this game is already provided to you in another game. Honestly i see a bunch of people who want DOA to play like Tekken or VF and yet somehow none of them is competing in any of these other games at a high level.
Don't get me wrong i don't want you guys to quite this game far from that i just wonder why someone hating a game while having the option to play alternative fighting games don't play the other games on a high level and stick on playing this game.
Also i play this game at a high level i understand al if the mechanics and use most of them in a fight and i don't hate this game in fact i like it more than any other fighting game out there, i could name you a few other players as well.

::Eats popcorn::

I give you points for bringing it as far as debating goes. But you might want to ease off taking shots at members of or high level community. I enjoy a heated debate but lets not get personal. This is a good thread I would hate to see it get locked because it devolves into a shit throwing contest.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!

Because I enjoy a lot of factors inside the game that other fighting games don't have. I like the animation style, I like the movelists, I like the destructible environments with multiple tiers, I like the unstrict timing on commands. These are things other games do not have in abundance.

Because I saw this game get very, very close to being a really solid 3D fighter when I was introduced to 3.1, and I know it CAN be more than this.

And because despite the fact that I don't really like this game, I am better at it than 99.9% of its playerbase and I am capable of banking in on that fact. I actually slammed my head into my desk when IPL picked it up, because it effectively forced me into playing this instead of other games that I did want to play.

Thats the truth.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Decided to show this to people in the office today. First time I've got a request for a game not to be played during break time.

Sam Sultan

Because I enjoy a lot of factors inside the game that other fighting games don't have. I like the animation style, I like the movelists, I like the destructible environments with multiple tiers, I like the unstrict timing on commands. These are things other games do not have in abundance.

Because I saw this game get very, very close to being a really solid 3D fighter when I was introduced to 3.1, and I know it CAN be more than this.

And because despite the fact that I don't really like this game, I am better at it than 99.9% of its playerbase and I am capable of banking in on that fact. I actually slammed my head into my desk when IPL picked it up, because it effectively forced me into playing this instead of other games that I did want to play.

Thats the truth.

Fair enough. But would it hurt you or other top players to not be as focused on the negative sides of the game and be more focused on the positive sides of the game and make the best out of it. Because while it may not be as attractive of a game for the FGC as other fighters it is still a descent game and doesn't deserve half of the shit it is getting.

Mailifang

Fair enough. But would it hurt you or other top players to not be as focused on the negative sides of the game and be more focused on the positive sides of the game and make the best out of it. Because while it may not be as attractive of a game for the FGC as other fighters it is still a descent game and doesn't deserve half of the shit it is getting.

Exactly!! Why didn't I post this before.
:: face palms herself::

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!

As a matter of fact, yes it would.

Both in terms of reputation among other gamers, and physically. I do, in fact, get incredibly painful headaches every time I turn this game on.

That isn't a joke.

Sam Sultan

As a matter of fact, yes it would.

Both in terms of reputation among other gamers, and physically. I do, in fact, get incredibly painful headaches every time I turn this game on.

That isn't a joke.

Well at least now i understand you better and if you don't decide to help but hurt that is your decision.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
::face palms herself again::

Haven't lied to you yet.

Well at least now i understand you better and if you don't decide to help but hurt that is your decision.

From my point of view, the supporters are actually hurting the game longterm and the nay sayers are the ones helping it to find the right path.

If we all decided to simply deal with the game as it is and embrace it, it would continue to give us eternal headaches until the end of time and would probably become even worse because we let the developers know that its acceptable to make a game like this.

Granted, right during release isn't the time to say stuff like this. Nobody has broken the game down at that point. We are no longer at release, though. The game is what it is.

Mailifang

Rikuto reminds me of my Grandmother. She loves to clean and stay active doing stuff.Yet she complains,whines and talks shit while cleaning up after people.Even though she doesn't have to clean at all. She just likes to vent and complain.Its her thing even though it is insulting and drives everyone nuts. I love her though ^_^.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD