New Feature for 1.03A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Confirmed it also works during regular matches, not just win pose. Coincidentally why do so many Americans make such a fuss over sex but don't bat an eyelash when someone gets decapitated in a game? :rolleyes:

Because gore/explosions are the visual indication of an enemy killed/objective completed. It makes sense within its context.

Sex is just a pointless appeal that serves no gameplay function.

Similarly, I dislike horror movies that simply stuff the film full of gross-out effects. It is a way to cop out of clever writing and suspense.

Sam Sultan

Meh, Japanese are hardcore for that stuff so it doesn't surprise me. They have pc games that are nothing but that, even more so on tablets/smartphones.
Oh how we always like to blame the Japanese for this don't we. let's face it guys we are mostly all men over here and the only men who would complain about stuff like this have to be gay. I mean is it necessary, no of course not but is it bad, no of course not. So please don't forget that there are plenty of dudes in this forum who actually like stuff like this, some are more apparent about it than others *cough* Awesmic*cough*. Let's not act as if tough we totally disapprove of this. The only bad side to this tough is the fact that to people who don't know DOA might think this is all that there is to it when they think about DOA.

Blazeincarnated

Oh how we always like to blame the Japanese for this don't we. let's face it guys we are mostly all men over here and the only men who would complain about stuff like this have to be gay. I mean is it necessary, no of course not but is it bad, no of course not. So please don't forget that there are plenty of dudes in this forum who actually like stuff like this, some are more apparent about it than others *cough* Awesmic*cough*. Let's not act as if tough we totally disapprove of this. The only bad side to this tough is the fact that to people who don't know DOA might think this is all that there is to it when they think about DOA.
Like Sam said, u guys aren't gay are you? If not, then stfu.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Like Sam said, u guys aren't gay are you? If not, then stfu.

Some facts.

1. Digital Bouncing breasts do not bring more competitive players into the field.

2. Digital Bouncing breasts do create a stigma against the game and drive some competitive players off.

3. Digital Bouncing breasts attract idiots who spend time talking on competitive forums about irrelevant crap, driving competitive players off.

4. Fan service attached to a solid game is considered acceptable appeasement. Fan service attached to an unsolid game creates a negative stigma.

5. DOA 5 is an unsolid game.

Sam Sultan

Some facts.

1. Digital Bouncing breasts do not bring more competitive players into the field.

2. Digital Bouncing breasts do create a stigma against the game and drive some competitive players off.

3. Digital Bouncing breasts attract idiots who spend time talking on competitive forums about irrelevant crap, driving competitive players off.

4. Fan service attached to a solid game is considered acceptable appeasement. Fan service attached to an unsolid game creates a negative stigma.

5. DOA 5 is an unsolid game.
Well this makes perfect sense except:

1. But do they scare them off? NO

2. I don't think it drives them off since most fighting games are Japanese and they all include nudity and stuff like that some may have it more than others but i certainly don't think it drives them off.

3. It might attrackt those kind of players but if you as a competitive player are driven off by people like that who post bullshit in forums then i don't think you are as competitive as you like to make your self seem. Also let's not forget that there are moderators who don't let scrubs post bullshit in here.

4. Don't really get this one.

5. I beg to differ.

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Sam Sultan said:
-Where is this coming from? First and foremost, Doa is a fighting game and not a T&A Simulator. So this extra stuff is totally not necessary in the creation of a competitive fighting game. Also, being gay has no indication of the like or dislike of such features. Many guys who play Doa are infact gay, and like to use the most sluttiest outfits available. Last, but not least, Doa has been known from its creation to have extreme use of T&A, and the stigmatation of it being only that has never left the minds of those who take fighting game seriously. This little feature do not help at all.

Reactions: CFW

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Plenty of people over on SRK and TZ who refuse to touch DOA because of that stigma. Their existence is proof you are incorrect, Sam.

And you can beg to differ about DOA being an unsolid game, but in the end, who is playing it? No one. The few who do and happen to be good at it, tend to dislike it anyway. Hard to think thats a coincidence.

The only ones who openly defend the game either have ulterior motives (Manny) or aren't good enough at the game to understand the problems with it.

How many months did it take for Havik to get good enough to understand what I was telling him about offense being the only effective tool in DOA 5? Yet he argued with me tooth and nail before he finally achieved that understanding. There is no need to defend something you don't understand, so please don't.

Sam Sultan

Plenty of people over on SRK and TZ who refuse to touch DOA because of that stigma. Their existence is proof you are incorrect, Sam.

And you can beg to differ about DOA being an unsolid game, but in the end, who is playing it? No one. The few who do and happen to be good at it, tend to dislike it anyway. Hard to think thats a coincidence.

The only ones who openly defend the game either have ulterior motives (Manny) or aren't good enough at the game to understand the problems with it.

How many months did it take for Havik to get good enough to understand what I was telling him about offense being the only effective tool in DOA 5? Yet he argued with me tooth and nail before he finally achieved that understanding. There is no need to defend something you don't understand, so please don't.

I bet you they only say that because DOA is not considered very competitive because of it's lack in guaranteed combos. And that if DOA had more of the latter nobody would care about the nudity but this is just what i think so of course i could be wrong. The new tag feature but also the single player mode are not bad and i think over time it will end up attracting more and more players.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
What are Manny's ulterior motives? Am I missing something here?

I'm not turning the topic into that. But yes, you are.

I bet you they only say that because DOA is not considered very competitive because of it's lack in guaranteed combos. And that if DOA had more of the latter nobody would care about the nudity but this is just what i think so of course i could be wrong. The new tag feature but also the single player mode are not bad and i think over time it will end up attracting more and more players.

Then why are fewer and fewer playing? Its problems extend beyond guaranteed damage situations. Thats just the tip of the iceberg.

Sam Sultan

I'm not turning the topic into that. But yes, you are.

Then why are fewer and fewer playing? Its problems extend beyond guaranteed damage situations. Thats just the tip of the iceberg.
Well if you mean fewer and fewer players who play this game since it first launched then that is nothing unique to DOA as a game is released there will be fewer and fewer players who play the game that is just how it is with any game since not competitive players will get bored with the game sooner or later . However if you would look at this site for example which attracts more competitive players is there still fewer and fewer players who play this game? From what i can tell no but i don't have the statistics of this site to make a proper conclusion i do however think that that is what you guys should look at instead of total amount of player who play this game.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I bet you they only say that because DOA is not considered very competitive because of it's lack in guaranteed combos.

It's not considered competitive because it brings on average some of the lowest tournament turnout attendances of a game in a tournament event for its age.

virtuaPAI

Staff member
Administrator
He as in Rikuto is talking about those competitive players that travel to tournaments. Not the combined total of those who simply play the game.

Sam Sultan

He as in Rikuto is talking about those competitive players that travel to tournaments. Not the combined total of those who simply play the game.

Ok, well i think you should look at competitive players in general not only the ones showing at events since online players are the future offline players. But even if you would look at the ones showing up at events i don't see the amount of players decreasing rather it is increasing and i hope it continues
It's not considered competitive because it brings on average some of the lowest tournament turnout attendances of a game in a tournament event for its age.
That may be because of the damage DOA4 has done to the community i have high hopes for DOA5. And it might also help if people in here specially the top players would be a little more supportive of the game. I mean come on who would go and play a game when the game's own top players think it is shit.

virtuaPAI

Staff member
Administrator
How can online players be counted in the census, if they have yet to show up? Yes the pool can become larger if these players transfer over. intill that time occur, the scene is shrinking.

bingsoo

Sam Sultan said:
Ok, well i think you should look at competitive players in general not only the ones showing at events since online players are the future offline players. But even if you would look at the ones showing up at events i don't see the amount of players decreasing rather it is increasing and i hope it continues

That may be because of the damage DOA4 has done to the community i have high hopes for DOA5. And it might also help if people in here specially the top players would be a little more supportive of the game. I mean come on who would go and play a game when the game's own top players think it is shit.

Dude... These top players you're arguing with are the ones sticking by this abomination through thick and thin. It's not their fault that they're frustrated with a developer that blatantly ignores their input on what could make a random game a bit more competitive. Online players do not support the competitive growth of a fighting game. And DOA does NOT have an increase in tournament showing. The only thing increasing for DOA5 is shitty DLC and the amount of times you can watch a character's breasts jiggle.

Sam Sultan

Dude... These top players you're arguing with are the ones sticking by this abomination through thick and thin. It's not their fault that they're frustrated with a developer that blatantly ignores their input on what could make a random game a bit more competitive. Online players do not support the competitive growth of a fighting game. And DOA does NOT have an increase in tournament showing. The only thing increasing for DOA5 is shitty DLC and the amount of times you can watch a character's breasts jiggle.

Uhm i wouldn't call trashing the game while still playing it "sticking by this abomination through thick and thin" as you like to put it. Since those deeds do not attract players but rather scare them off and thus is not a positive thing for the game but rather negative(Im thinking you wouldn't call a wolf who is trying to kill a rabbit no matter what, "good for the rabbit" would you now?). Well from what i have seen in video's, streams and tournament reports it seem like the amount of players is increasing what do you base your observation on?

Blazeincarnated

If people stop blaming the fanservice then maybe it can go somewhere. This vibe im getting from half of yall, is really pissing me off now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD