New Dengeki (JPN) report with Sarah Bryant and Rig in action!

OSTCarmine

hmmm... well that about sums it up. good stuff...
Rig looks like he could have some sort of rivalry tie-in with Lee. i would not mind that at all lol. i cant wait till they reveal him, preferably at the same time as Eliot. Lee has always been a bit limited in terms of strategic options imo. i hope he gets some substance to back up his style this time around. Looking at Rig, who seems to have mostly kicks yet still plays a fairly varied game, i have hope for Lee. He is going to need to step up his game if he doesn't want Leifang stomping his ass this year

Black Dragon

I still have my doubts. I'm glad we're getting new footage, actual gameplay footage but DOA's biggest flaw is still present in all of it: you're afraid to attack even after a successful offense.
From what I can see, this only occurs if you decide to step out of a standardised n-in-1 combo. In other words, if you wanna get creative with your offense, then your rewards will be as big as your risks.

There seem to be plenty of n-in-1 combos there.

I could be wrong, though.

PhoenixVFIRE

I noticed in the Zack vs Bayman fight on the Scramble stage @0:48, Zack does what seems to be 2P and then goes straight into his down sway stance. Either he did the input to go into stance(2P+K) after the punch or Zack can just hold down after the punch(or a lot of things?) and move straight into the stance. Anyway it's pretty cool. Zack's mix-up would crazy if he could just move into the stance from anywhere >_> Also, right after he's in stance, is it just me or did Bayman block his mid punch while crouching?

DrDogg

From what I can see, this only occurs if you decide to step out of a standardised n-in-1 combo. In other words, if you wanna get creative with your offense, then your rewards will be as big as your risks.

There seem to be plenty of n-in-1 combos there.

I could be wrong, though.

Based on the E3 build, there are very few n-in-1 attacks in the game. For the most part, if an opponent is in a critical stun, they can counter.

I noticed in the Zack vs Bayman fight on the Scramble stage @0:48, Zack does what seems to be 2P and then goes straight into his down sway stance. Either he did the input to go into stance(2P+K) after the punch or Zack can just hold down after the punch(or a lot of things?) and move straight into the stance. Anyway it's pretty cool. Zack's mix-up would crazy if he could just move into the stance from anywhere >_> Also, right after he's in stance, is it just me or did Bayman block his mid punch while crouching?

2P2 is his stance transition from 2P... if I recall correctly. I know he can transition to stance from 2P, I just don't recall the exact notation.

Skilletor

Based on the E3 build, there are very few n-in-1 attacks in the game. For the most part, if an opponent is in a critical stun, they can counter.

Aren't the natural combos only natural if they land on normal hit and not counter? How often does that happen in DoA?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
In DOA2/DOA3 they can be on counter hit as well.

It's the delay of being able to hold in a stun animation that allowed it. That was lessened to pretty much zero in DOA4, thus giving you what you saw. Hopefully more than sit-down stuns have had the feature brought back.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD