New Dengeki (JPN) report with Sarah Bryant and Rig in action!

R4712-VR88

Because VF.

Yeah, but this is DOA. They can't just bring everything of their VF5 self to DOA. :/

Then when Sarah fights Kasumi, at thr 3:11 mark she knocks Kasumi isn't a wall with just a low kick. Makes no sense.

I have such a feeling the VF characters are gonna be good. Really, really good...

R4712-VR88

if you want DOA to be halfways decent you should hope TN learns a thing or two from the VF characters.

Yeah, hope. Hope this game doesn't turn out like DOA4 and all its guess work.

But what I'm getting at is how the VF characters are able to do something the DOA characters can't and have never done. It seems like an unfair advantage. Maybe they'll balance the damage or something.

Shinigamimatt

But what I'm getting at is how the VF characters are able to do something the DOA characters can't and have never done. It seems like an unfair advantage. Maybe they'll balance the damage or something.
Probably. It is kinda jarring to see the VF characters specifically use their own gravity and physics next to the DOA characters. The way I see it though, is, a juggle is a juggle.

It's all amounts to the same thing. Damage. If the VF characters have an unfair advantage, it won't be from the slightly different physics.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!

Yea, well the VF characters tend to have weaker holds and can't abuse the string delay system the same way the DOA characters can. And why do you care if the VF guys can juggle in a different manner than the DOA characters can? It's just visual... all that matters is the damage being done.

Besides, balance is the absolute worst thing you can do to a fighting game. It makes everyone the same and, depending on the developer involved, useless. Fuck balance.

R4712-VR88

It's just visual... all that matters is the damage being done.

Yeah, I guess.

Besides, balance is the absolute worst thing you can do to a fighting game. It makes everyone the same and, depending on the developer involved, useless. Fuck balance.

Yeah. Sorry guys, I'm just worried. The game looks great and I hope it ends up really good. I just don't want another DOA4.

OSTCarmine

Yea, well the VF characters tend to have weaker holds and can't abuse the string delay system the same way the DOA characters can. And why do you care if the VF guys can juggle in a different manner than the DOA characters can? It's just visual... all that matters is the damage being done.

i think you mean to say "Fuck Homogenization"... i WANT a balanced game. i like balance. i wanna make out with balance, take it to the prom and then... well actually yeah - fuck balance!

just_me

Standard Donor
Seems like Sarah has one though at 0:26 or maybe it's a catch throw.

That's an Attack Throw, she can connect it on Guard though.
Kasumi does the same throw @ 2:43 again, doesn't she? Kinda looks like an Hoshinpo~Throw thing..

PhoenixVFIRE

I loved watching these vids and also I like that Kasumi can teleport followup with her kick string ending in a backflip kick. Also, the best thing I liked about watching these videos, was seeing that both teams are having fun and a good time. Good relationship between them. :)

I liked the new Sarah, Lei Fang, and Akira footage. If I didn't know any better I'd say Lei Fang is one of Shimbori's favorites, seeing as he also picked her at E3 and did pretty well.

ajayraz

it's weird that they're sticking to the low quality voice work from Virtua Fighter 5 for this. it sounds really out of place. at the least it would have been nice for them to record new voice overs. i wonder if they'll have the ability to change the language track per character like have in Capcom games.

it looks pretty fun though. it still looks a lot more floaty this time around, but that means there'll be a lot more combos to explore. Hitomi's combos look super satisfying to pull off.

also, did anyone else notice how ridiculously powerful Lei Fang's counters were in her match against Akira? that doesn't look too good..

Doug Nguyen

Sarah plays incredibly fast even compared to Kasumi. She seems easy to pull of combos because her hits arent hard so you dont fall over quick as other characters.

OSTCarmine

it's weird that they're sticking to the low quality voice work from Virtua Fighter 5 for this. it sounds really out of place. at the least it would have been nice for them to record new voice overs. i wonder if they'll have the ability to change the language track per character like have in Capcom games.

it looks pretty fun though. it still looks a lot more floaty this time around, but that means there'll be a lot more combos to explore. Hitomi's combos look super satisfying to pull off.

also, did anyone else notice how ridiculously powerful Lei Fang's counters were in her match against Akira? that doesn't look too good..

Holds are a bit of a specialty for Leifang, i dont mind that she is good with them. She has advanced holds like Bayman, they are VERY specific, VERY hard to pull of and deserve being high damage moves. you were just going on about how good Hitomi's combos are, Leifang obviously does not have this advantage

FakeSypha

Nip-ticking concerns aside, I'm very pleased with those gameplay videos. Sarah's gameplay and moveset looks quite faithful to VF5: FS. Damn it, I'm really hyped again! :D

DrDogg

So... I'm at SDCC so I'm limited to my cell for internet. I only watched the Sarah/Rig video, but there's nothing here that gives us information on tournament viability. All of the "tournament" issues are still present in what little we can grasp.

That said, these videos weren't made to show tournament viability. They're fun, casual videos showing journalists fighting developers. The videos do their job well, and I'm pleased that TN released videos like this.

However, don't say the game looks great (or even good/better) from a tournament standpoint because nothing here tells us the main problems are fixed. They very well might be fixed, but we can't tell from this footage

$0.02

Shinigamimatt

Agreed. Actually, I feel like most characters seem faster. I know damn well that's at least true for Hitomi. Not all moves for characters. But overall the characters seem to be faster.

Someone said that Hayabusa was slower to compensate for his awesome. I don't see it. His PP4PK for example comes out super fast. The PK part anyway.

Kasumi and Christie don't look much faster than everyone now. Is this just me?

Kasumi got some speed added to her dashes, but her one advantage over others (speed) seems to be nerfed. Serah was fast. Seemed like a good match up, actually.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD