New Dengeki (JPN) report with Sarah Bryant and Rig in action!

Shinigamimatt

Sarah seems really good. The music is really low too, also did Sarahs low counter seem way to fast? It looked a bit weird. And im gonna have to get used to Virtua fighters voice style. Doesnt fit well with DOA.
Haha, yeah. I noticed hers and Akira's are the VF copies. In other words, it's super low sound quality and bad voice acting.

I'm still rather disappointed with the two guest characters' voice acting. It would've been so much nicer if TN had taken the time to remaster their dialogue and maybe their animations. Nicole didn't have this problem in DOA4. I think somebody somewhere mentioned copyright, though...

Berzerk!

Looks so good! I was really happy in the Lei Fang/Akira vid to see after the armbreaker throw, Shimbori did LF's 6F+K and it hopped over Akira's low wakeup kick for a backturned setup. Nice.

I don't see many CB's being used so it looks to be learner/intermediate level play here, but some nice stuff here and there. I don't see given what we know about the system in DOA5 why you'd be afraid to attack. You just have to train your opponent and back your choices, since the rewards ARE there.

Keep practicing VF grape, I see a similar poking game here. Just more solid feeling and immediate hits once you do throw things out.

Akira did some solid damage off groundbounce and in that and the Sarah vids you can see Sidestep seems much improved, giving a good alternate option to get to an opponents back.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Ok .. so by watching the vids I can tell you .. Sarah is a monster.

- They gave her the stun that makes the opponent fall on the floor backward (face up) slowly.. To my knowledge you cannot hold out of this stun. It happens after the just frame (from Flamingo) P:2:KKK (on hit ) you can see it in the sarah vs kasumi vid at 3:15. From the looks of it, it also seems that this same move is actually a 3 in 1 from the kick onwards to compensate for it being a just frame (I could be wrong).

- You will notice right after the just frame P:2:KKK, her (from flamingo) :1:KK causes a relaunch from knockdown the exact same way it does in VF5FS. This means more guaranteed damage and possibly the same VF combo would work [ (from flamingo) P:2:KKK, :1:KK, :6:KK ]

- Her forward slide and backward slide stances are still there mid combo. It is yet to be confirmed if they can be done outside of combos like in VF. If she can however, this will make her wake up punishes insanely lethal because if you quick stand you would be stuck in her 50/50 (MrMoon experienced this first hand the other day ;) :p ). I'm wondering if they decided to leave them out particularly because of their input :6:H+P+K which is a tag input ... If it is in however her wake up would be so strong in a sense that even if you don't quick stand and do (forward slide) :2:K, because of the way knockdowns work in DOA5 it will mean that you will still get hit, where as in VF one way of punishing it is delaying your quick stand and punishing Sarah on her recovery). so it kind of almost forces you to quick stand and attempt 1 of the holds at 50/50 which is insane.

- in the Sarah vs Rig match, you will notice that she has the ability to combo off of her flash kick, a property she does NOT have in VF except maybe near the wall after the wall slam. This is gonna be an insane launcher and a new property to her.

- her :3:P+K launch on counter hit changed in this game and it gives her a a float as opposed to her VF launch into straight drop. This means that she can even further extend her air juggle combo a lot more than she can in VF from this move. It is worth mentioning that this move not only launches but also goes under HIGH strikes. its almost like a true MID.

- because of the overall float in the air-juggle system she is gonna benefit tremendously from this. At several points in both vids it seemed that she had a combo potential not possible in VF off of even normal hit launchers. I think her "guaranteed" damage output is going to be insane.

- Her biggest downfall will probably be her large amount of MID kick attacks. She has too many and they are all really good and key moves. This will make her a lot easier to punish. Particularly in Flamingo stance where she doesn't have a MID punch attack at all.

- one thing worth noting that her transitions into flamingo stances are alot safer in DOA5 due to the stun system ON COUNTER HIT. The main reason for this is that in VF even though you had frame advantage it was only enough to give you a HIGH attack that would beat any HIGHs or MIDs, but it always loses to lows (particularly) low punch no matter what you dish out from flamingo (unless you do the transition from :4:K which puts her at +7 from max range .. this maybe also why the guy playing vs Kasumi loved the move so much and was spamming the :4:K transition) . In the DOA stun system however, If you get any transition into flamingo on counter hit, then you got advantage vs. everything and you can even go for a LOW or a MID attack alot safer (at the risk of being held of course). The downside again is that all transitions into flamingo are again MID kick [with the exception of :1:G+KK and (from flamingo) :1:KK, which is basicly the same move, and :6:P:4:K ]. This disadvantage is gonna be a lot more troublesome than anything else when shifting from VF to DOA. But this will also make her NON attack transitions a lot more valuable (like her :4::4:KK.G or her :3:KK.G)

Overall I am very impressed with how she is playing in DOA5 and how smoothly she transitioned :)

I am looking forward to using her, even considering maining her in fact if she stays this good and has all her tools.

On a side note: Hayashi uses pad ... :p

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
I'm still rather disappointed with the two guest characters' voice acting. It would've been so much nicer if TN had taken the time to remaster their dialogue and maybe their animations. Nicole didn't have this problem in DOA4. I think somebody somewhere mentioned copyright, though...

This was a decision by Sega, not Team Ninja.

Darrell

Wow Sarah was whooping ass! Felt bad for Kasumi Just can't help feeling like the other characters need more tools, after watching Sarah.

AKNova7

Just wait until (if) Pai gets revealed.

Dead or Alive 5: Final Showdown

Dead or Alive: Final Showdown would actually be a great name for a crossover. lol. Just throwing that out there.

To be completely honest, this game would probably be better if TN did the asthetics, and VF did the system, but they incorporated FSD and Holds for the DOA characters.

AM2-Ninja presents...

Dead or Alive: Final Showdown!

R4712-VR88

As I said before I dislike how muffled the voices sound for the VF characters. They sound so misplaced.

Gameplay wise I love Sarah. I love her anyway but she looks so amazing in DOA5.

Lastly, lol at all the hate grap3 gets on YouTube. It's funny yet sad.

EDIT: Sarah looks like she has some great footsies!

Keylay

@1:30, Kasumi has an OH, I thought the grapplers only had them for the most part? I know she still has the one where flips onto your shoulders.

Look at those low holds out of stun. At least they are easily punishable now, I guess.

@3:18, I like that new stun animation. I bet she sets up her CB from that stun.

I thought it was an OH too but DrDogg said it's not. Either they haven't finished the move yet or they added an animation delay and a sound cue for it.Seems like Sarah has one though at 0:26 or maybe it's a catch throw.

EDIT: I wish Kasumi could recover from her back flip as fast as Sarah does.

EDIT#2: Nevermind, I was looking at the wrong move. That does look like an OH. I don't think she had that in the E3 build.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD