New Dengeki (JPN) report with Sarah Bryant and Rig in action!

KwonJigglypuff

Is it me or does the graphics look really better ? Maybe there are more details from the E3 build to this one.
Anyway, Sarah looks really cool, the Pro Wrestling stage too, Rig has punches, yeah! Looks like Rig has an elbow move like Jann Lee's 4p+k... I wish I could see Sarah's Power Blow..
I think we may have a trailer with her soon. I mean, that's weird to announce her like that (during E3) without action footage of her, and then, one day, we have videos with her like that. Maybe they ruined the surprise. Anyway, can't wait for more news.

Shinigamimatt

Finally got to see Kasumi's other teleport from 7K. Serah looked great in DOA. VF Serah, but with DOA's polish. Nice.

Blazeincarnated

c20120708_DOA5_03_cs1w1_720x.jpg

TRI Mike

Awesome, just awesome. Sarah looks really safe on the Flamingo transitions. I see why Bryan kept mentioning that. And she's VERY beautiful now.

D Glock

Definitely loving the look of this build. Sarah looks like a lot of fun, so does Rig.

And this looks like a report, rather than an interview as I mentioned in the OP. Can someone please edit that when they get a chance. Thanks.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
I still have my doubts. I'm glad we're getting new footage, actual gameplay footage but DOA's biggest flaw is still present in all of it: you're afraid to attack even after a successful offense.

This defies the logic set by every other fighting game series. What's the quote that d3v always has in regards to other fighters? "Good offense is rewarded with more offense" or something to that effect.

DOA does the opposite and, until that's fixed, I don't see DOA making much of an impression on anyone that plays fighters seriously.

Shinigamimatt

Well, there's plenty of guaranteed situations in DOA5 which is a huge improvement from DOA4. I don't know if it's Competitive gold, yet, but damn can I see myself having a blast playing casually online now.

I do hope it gets some of the fixes it needs for tournaments, though.

EDIT: Forgot to say. The new stage looks awesome. Thing looks huge. Gonna be great for tag matches. Looks like a stage with no dangerzone too. For those people who don't like the gimmicky levels.

TRI Mike

I don't think anyone in this video even knew what the hell they were doing except for the guy who used Hitomi who actually CB his opponent a couple times. DOA's "biggest flaw" is still there but even if TN transforms the series into a VF with huge boobs it won't be taken seriously anyway because the "FGC" plays shit like Marvel.

I say it's about time we stop whining so much because the popularity we want will NEVER be achieved, no matter what TN does. The changes are there and they're very positive. I don't really understand why the we "fans" just keep mentioning the negative things in the game. It's making me a bit grumpy to be honest. There are countless of positive things to say. From the graphics and new art style to the new mechanics that actually make a huge impact on the gameplay.

Shinigamimatt

It's true that DOA will never reach marvel popularity. Even if it got every single fix and became 100% tournament viable. This is true. I don't think anyone on this site doesn't already know that. But everyone here at least wants DOA to become somewhat popular at things like FGC.

Right now, we just want DOA to be taken seriously and not be the laughing stock of fighting games. If that happens, then DOA6 is where we can start hoping for big.

Blazeincarnated

I don't think anyone in this video even knew what the hell they were doing except for the guy who used Hitomi who actually CB his opponent a couple times. DOA's "biggest flaw" is still there but even if TN transforms the series into a VF with huge boobs it won't be taken seriously anyway because the "FGC" plays shit like Marvel.

I say it's about time we stop whining so much because the popularity we want will NEVER be achieved, no matter what TN does. The changes are there and they're very positive. I don't really understand why the we "fans" just keep mentioning the negative things in the game. It's making me a bit grumpy to be honest. There are countless of positive things to say. From the graphics and new art style to the new mechanics that actually make a huge impact on the gameplay.
It wont fail trust me....1.5 millions copies sold of DOA4. This game will double that, I have faith.

Allan Paris

@1:30, Kasumi has an OH, I thought the grapplers only had them for the most part? I know she still has the one where flips onto your shoulders.

Look at those low holds out of stun. At least they are easily punishable now, I guess.

@3:18, I like that new stun animation. I bet she sets up her CB from that stun.

Shinigamimatt

Wow, I didn't even notice the new fall animation. I noticed that Akira's grab that does that can go into a combo. So I assume the same here.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
I say it's about time we stop whining so much because the popularity we want will NEVER be achieved, no matter what TN does.
I asked TN to make DOA a popular game? I'm pretty sure I was asking them to make it a solid one. Whether the game becomes popular as a result is something I would definitely like because that would mean more people for me to play with. That can't possibly happen if the game is so bad that people like me won't play it.

Doug Nguyen

Sarah seems really good. The music is really low too, also did Sarahs low counter seem way to fast? It looked a bit weird. And im gonna have to get used to Virtua fighters voice style. Doesnt fit well with DOA.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD