New Dengeki (JPN) report with Sarah Bryant and Rig in action!

Shinigamimatt

I don't think so. I mean videos of DOA2U, 3.1, and 4 don't change. I doubt it would for 5. Plus all the sounds match what's going on.

BlackOrochi

Kasumi may also seem slow because of the way the player is playing... Trying to play VF's signature poky-poky style may not suit DOA characters.

In terms of voices, it's true that the difference in quality is almost comical. Where's Waldo, the sound engineer?

OSTCarmine

1337290247325.jpg
grape is right
DOA sucks
This game rocks

BLACKSTAR

repost from VFDC/virtuafighter.com:

"Sarah looks awesome, but she just doesn't fit as well in DOA as Akira IMO right now. That might change when I try her out.

For example, DOA seems to be string heavy, and most characters like the ninjas, Hitomi, and my girl Kokoro rely alot on different options within their strings, as well as delayed strings, to mix up characters and get damage. (as well as to bait holds and/or cause them to whiff)

Sarah's never had alot of long strings, let alone ones good enough to base your entire gameplay from, so she has to rely on alot of raw normals, but unlike Akira, she doesn't seem to have the damage to back it up. Just like FS, she has to rely alot on combo damage via launchers, but prolly doesn't have a good sidestep (I mean, this IS DOA
smirk.gif
) or frame advantage (hellooooo holds/counters) to help get it off.

Kasumi, Rig, and the gang are manipulating their opponent's positioning with blowbacks, launchers, danger zone moves, and knockdowns. Sarah in these vids seem to be mostly......well, hitting them. And leaving them in your face and still a threat. She seems to be playing a different game than anybody else. But can we really play VF in DOA5 and win?

I dunno, these are just speculations from watching these vids. But from what I heard from E3 is that Sarah was totally broken, beyond S tier. And also, the guy(s) playing Sarah in these vids didn't seem to be all that good with her either. Might be bias speaking tho. :p"

oh and btw, we VF players don't even like VF voices (outside of nostalgia), so Sarah's VF5:FS voice in DOA sounds just as weird to me, but whatever

SARAH'S IN DOA! *raises hands in the air* WOOHOOO

PhoenixVFIRE

oh and btw, we VF players don't even like VF voices (outside of nostalgia), so Sarah's VF5:FS voice in DOA sounds just as weird to me, but whatever

SARAH'S IN DOA! *raises hands in the air* WOOHOOO
Sarah was ripping Kasumi a new asshole. I don't think the VF [players have much to worry about. Then again, we'll find out when the near complete is available to test in Philly ,etc.. Even some of the DOA characters are getting a little influence from them.

I agree that the voice needs to be fixed it sounds so muffled, out of place and gross. It's so loud it doesn't even match her lips, because they way they move you'd think she was whispering lol.

d3v

There are several game's that fully reward offense with more offense, but I'm glad that DOA does it with limits. Players are supposed to be afraid to attack. It indicates the crucial role of defense and adds tension. It may not be as exciting for viewers, but as my coach used to say: "Offense sells tickets; Defense wins championships."
The problem is that the concept of holds out of stun is one that rewards you for making a mistake. No other fighting game does that except maybe Killer Instinct with it's Combo Breakers (and even then the reward wasn't as much). For any other game, getting out of a combo requires taking some sort of heavy condition (meter, etc.). Also, the reason why games like Tekken, Marvel, etc. are popular is because, players like being rewarded for winning the neutral game with offense, and in those games, you are rewarded with alot of offense.

Now if if people insist on not revamping the system, then the only way to make this game survive is to NERF THE SHIZZ OUT OF THE HOLDS.

-Bring the damage down as low as possible.
-Scale any combos, throws, etc. out of hold very hard. Say 50% damage reduction or greater.
-No KOs from holds. Even if you throw or combo out of it. Or better yet, make it so that a character with less than 10% life is unholdable.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
The problem is that the concept of holds out of stun is one that rewards you for making a mistake. No other fighting game does that except maybe Killer Instinct with it's Combo Breakers (and even then the reward wasn't as much). For any other game, getting out of a combo requires taking some sort of heavy condition (meter, etc.). Also, the reason why games like Tekken, Marvel, etc. are popular is because, players like being rewarded for winning the neutral game with offense, and in those games, you are rewarded with alot of offense.

Now if if people insist on not revamping the system, then the only way to make this game survive is to NERF THE SHIZZ OUT OF THE HOLDS.

-Bring the damage down as low as possible.
-Scale any combos, throws, etc. out of hold very hard. Say 50% damage reduction or greater.
-No KOs from holds. Even if you throw or combo out of it. Or better yet, make it so that a character with less than 10% life is unholdable.

They've already been nerfed pretty hard compared to what they were. I don't think you're going to see another big nerf this time around.

Besides that, if high-counter throw damage ends up being like what Tina did in the recent balance vids, you'll want holds to be good enough to entice people to use... cause thats a lot of free damage when you throw them. A lot.

Kronin

One little question, we know the setting for the life bar in the Tina vs Bayman / Tina vs Ayane video?

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
One little question, we know the setting for the life bar in the Tina vs Bayman / Tina vs Ayane video?

No. But there is no reason to assume its anything other than normal. All the damage from the other moves looks on-point.

DriftSlave

I feel at fault for derailing the thread....so...how about dem cowboys....err i mean how about dat there Rig footage? any string or move jump out at you guys in particular?

DriftSlave

ahh, that is rather interesting indeed~ my memory is hazy but were there true unblockable(attacks) in past DOA's? I think Jann Lee's Dragon Kick was but im not completely sure...

PhoenixVFIRE

ahh, that is rather interesting indeed~ my memory is hazy but were there true unblockable(attacks) in past DOA's? I think Jann Lee's Dragon Kick was but im not completely sure...
yeah it was unblockable, counter resistant(you dodged it) and does a lot of damage. But like all problems with the kick, it's easily seen and easily dodged for the most part.

Point blank Dragon kicks FTW! lol

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD