DoA5U Hayabusa

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
It's okay. Having the after-effects red was kinda cool, but otherwise it was nothing special.

I would rather have the Ninja of the Future one with the Plasma Saber (both in NG:B and DOA5U).

Yeah, I don't get why it wasn't added to NGB or 5U

They should also add the power rangers, biometals and fiend costumes from NG2 to 5U

hey Tecmo, take this advise, theres like 15+ costumes in NG2, bring them all to 5U and think of all the money you can milk from us!

Brute

Standard Donor
According to this, we don't have a lot to look forward to with this upcoming patch.

Changes:
33T will change from 10 to 12 frames
8T does +5 more damage on all variants
33P will receive alteration to refloats (could mess-up the Izuna->33P4->Shoho Izuna combos)
WRH+K Might receive a changed input
WR3K9P/4H+K9P/SSK9P Might receive changed input
2K Is changed from -6 to -2 on NH
Ongyoin PP and BT P+KP get +2 damage on first hit and -2 on second hit (pointless)
66K and 2H+K are recieving some alterations to "hit determination" (hitboxes?)
P+K Adjusting "the decision is done" (might be taking away the optional ongyoin transition)

SilverForte

So basically the same or a little worse, boo.

2k change seems a little pointless, maybe if it was a high crush again the change would be a little useful.

Here's to hoping the 2 h+k change is to crush mids again (yeah right).

Brute

Standard Donor
Here's to hoping the 2 h+k change is to crush mids again (yeah right).
That would actually dramatically increase his offense capability. Honestly I don't really want it to becuase I know how stupid it was in 4 and I know how stupid Momiji's is in 5U. But if they're not going to give him other tools that he should have to increase his neutral game, then I'd welcome it.

But yeah they won't do that because TN loves to disappoint me.

cip

Thanks, Brute! That's quite exciting.

My opinions:
It is quite hard to punish stuff with 33T sometimes, so I like this change.
8T is quite gimmicky, so I don't care for the damage buff.
I said before that I don't like Izuna 33P Shoho, so I like this change.
WR H+K changed input is the single best change.
The 9P cancels are useless either way. Maybe with another input it will become even less likely to do them by accident.
Yay... 2K is now safe when you HIT WITH IT...
Ongyoin PP change is not much. I sometimes only use the first P, so I get +2 damage in that case.
Interested in the new hitboxes of 66K and 2H+K. If 66K low crushes even better and 2H+K mid crushes, that would be huge.
Forced Ongyoin after P+K would be quite bad actually. If there is lag and you don't want to do a shoho after a critical burst, you can't use a standard launcher like 236P. No Ongyoin transition would force you to 2P+K to get max damage from a shoho, which will look and feel awkward. Also the fancy Ongyoin 8P juggles will be impossible to do.

Brute

Standard Donor
It is quite hard to punish stuff with 33T sometimes, so I like this change.
What? It just got harder to punish with it. It's slower, now.

The 9P cancels are useless either way. Maybe with another input it will become even less likely to do them by accident.
Not exactly. From WR4K the hop animation is similar to the P follow-up, and can be used to bait holds. Gimmicky, but occasionally useful.

Forced Ongyoin after P+K would be quite bad actually.
More likely it would prevent you from making the transition at all, ie pre.103 vanilla patch.

ballr4evr

To be honest, Hayabusa's "low tier" gives every win a more satisfying feeling, and the game becomes a lot more mental as you gotta try to outsmart your opponent. People don't usually say he's overpowered, unless they're just uneducated. Busa's bags of tricks are what separate him from others, and can potentially elevate his tier level too I believe, if you know how to use it

UpSideDownGRUNT

People don't usually say he's overpowered, unless they're just uneducated.
This reminds me of that random in my lobby the other day who thought Busa was top tier lol
He's mid tier at best, but things seem to be pointing him in the lower-mid tier section.

OT, I hope they don't get rid of P+K4 ong. transition that's my go to CB for the Shoho after a successful CB, I'd find myself messing CBs if that got removed.

Also, the Ong.P buff and Ong. PP nerf is kinda useless since it still does the same amount of damage either way.
8T and Ong. 8T buff I like, it's an OH it should do good damage. And I wouldn't say it's gimmicky at all.

Brute

Standard Donor
This reminds me of that random in my lobby the other day who thought Busa was top tier lol
This just happened to me two seconds ago. Said I was "trash for only using the top tier OP ninja" (actual quote).

I kindly told him to grow up and fuck off.

UpSideDownGRUNT

This just happened to me two seconds ago. Said I was "trash for only using the top tier OP ninja" (actual quote).

I kindly told him to grow up and fuck off.
I just can't believe there's people ignorant enough to not see how Busa is not top tier he's terribly unsafe and slow the only thing "OP" about him is the Cliff Izuna and HiC Izunas.

Brute

Standard Donor
I just can't believe there's people ignorant enough to not see how Busa is not top tier he's terribly unsafe and slow the only thing "OP" about him is the Cliff Izuna and HiC Izunas.
Those are not OP given the spacing required to execute them. Usually if someone' back is to a cliff, they wil ldo whatever they can to prevent a cliff Izuna. especially since you can't get Shohos near a cliff.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Haha tbf most people on the recieving end of a 120 dmg HiC throw and a Hic 160 dmg throw from a cliff would call that OP xD I call it a small victory nothing like punishing with HiC Izuna and Cliff Izunas in general feel good NH or HiC

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD