DoA5U Hayabusa

Brute

Standard Donor
Been on Hayabusa at the lab. I can't quite get the timing down for the High version. This feels harder than the Knees lol. Going online and use him for the entire matches. Really trying to use him.
There is the Senko Izuna, and then there is the Hi Counter Senko Izuna.

I was just telling KuRuPt that the Izuna holds are easily the most threatening aspect of Hayabusa if mastered. Sadly, there are just so few who do. I suck with holds in general, so you can imagine how annoying it is that I suck at properly utilizing my main's most foundational tools.

I think we should all take it upon ourselves to start owning these things. g-gill and RyuHayabusa-7 have got a good start, and I think we should take their example, but push it even further in order to take Ryu to his true limits.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
NG trained my hands well for DOA lols

Brute i think you just need the right mindset, mine was that i just had to learn all his izunas or there was no point in playing Ryu so i would just train until the holds become muscle memory

I came into DoA from NG so i was deadset on just playing hayabusa and i think that had helped me as well

If you are down i can help you with his izuna holds

Brute

Standard Donor
That's actually pretty much my mindset when I went back to DOA after playing Ninja Gaiden. First thing I did was spend hours in training putting all those wonderful Izunas into muscle memory, and unless I'm having an off-day, lag interferes or nerves strike, I have them all down solid, including the hold variants.

Thing is, I just suck with holds in general. I mean sure, sometimes I land the expert hold, toss 'em up, fudge the input, get a pseudo Izuna or whatever; I'm human. But my main problem is actually landing the holds to begin with. I am not good at them. I don't like being HiC thrown and so I'm conditioned not to use them often. You may notice I'm more hesitant than most to hold even very, very telegraphed attacks like 34KP or 6KP. I'm more prone to attempt an intercept or sidestep. Holds and I do not mix.

So that's my biggest obstacle that I'm trying to fix. I'm not sure what are the things standing in everyone else's way, but hopefully w can all crush 'em down. But yeah, I'm open to any advice you want to share, g-gill, as always.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
I don't always go for a high counter, only when I know what the opponents next move is going to be do I attempt a high counter though there are some character that I always go for high counters and that is Ayane, Hayate and Ein

I think practicing online is the best way for learning the izuna holds, because in training mode you start getting used to the timing of when the dummy is about hit you but online its all random.

Brute

Standard Donor
I don't always go for a high counter, only when I know what the opponents next move is going to be do I attempt a high counter
That's the only time I ever attempt any kind of hold, lol.
If I don't think I know the exact command my opponent is about to use, I will not go for a hold.

But yeah, the idea of mastering his Izuna holds involves landing the HiC versions consistently. That's his true potential, and it's what we're not seeing enough.

Last edited:

cip

Holds are my main weakness, too.

When I play with my second (Hayate), I hold more succesfully, because he doesn't have expert holds (except for mid K, which I don't really use). With this, my timing is better and I get holds more consistently.

With this in mind, I try to go more for normal holds with Hayabusa when I don't know exactly what move is coming.

Also, I often times don't get a hold off even though I know exactly when and how to hold, even versus the AI (so without lag). I don't know if it's timing or if I need to spam it more... I got no clue :(

Last edited:

SilverForte

Landing HiC holds consistently is pretty much impossible, I mean not even Master does it. it's an extremely small window, and you have to predict the attack in the first place, best thing to do is just practice till you can get the input every time for all 3 holds, good thing is they still do good damage regardless, more so if you get the shoho juggle down afterwards.

Also, his normal mid punch hold is pretty much useless, considering for mid punch there is only one hold to begin with.

Brute

Standard Donor
Landing HiC holds consistently is pretty much impossible, I mean not even Master does it. it's an extremely small window, and you have to predict the attack in the first place, best thing to do is just practice till you can get the input every time for all 3 holds, good thing is they still do good damage regardless, more so if you get the shoho juggle down afterwards.

Also, his normal mid punch hold is pretty much useless, considering for mid punch there is only one hold to begin with.
Annoyingly, the mid one is the hardest for me to do. :p
Yoko (low) version lets you take a nap between each input, so you can take your time and do it right.
Senko (high) version requires an immediate input, so you just do it right after you land the hold and you're fine
Rekko (mid) makes you wait a bit before you enter it, but not too long, for then the window's expired. Fine in practice but in actual matches when you're not 100% sure your hold will land, it can be a pain waiting a small bit, but not too much.

SilverForte

I personally find the high hold the strictest, mid the middle, and low hold the easiest, although in lag yeah I've had the small delay with the mid hold screw things up sometimes.

Brute

Standard Donor
I personally find the high hold the strictest, mid the middle, and low hold the easiest, although in lag yeah I've had the small delay with the mid hold screw things up sometimes.
The Senko is technically the strictest, but it feels like one solid motion so the speed isn't really an issue. Rekko makes you do the hold, then pause (but only for a microsecond), then resume. It seems to break the flow of movement I have going throughout a match. In training it's not an issue because your hands aren't set with a certain rhythm. But in a fight, it can be off-putting.

Anyway, I'm still going to try to try myself to master these sons'a'bitches on HiC. Over 1/3 health for your opponent simply punching? Yes please.

Nameless Sama

This hayabusa forum is a place where I am feeling like a home. Talking with the guys about izunas what do you want more :p.

Remember brothers Senko Izuna + Lost world + clif hanger = you know the answer

Nameless Sama

Did you mean....
Taaaaaaaaaa!
by any chance? ;)

Yes but that is not the excatly formel. Full Formel is so = Senko Izuna Hic+ + TAAAAAAAA + Cliffizuna + in Gaia ( lost world ) = epic smoking sick style full speed form above to below in 360 heaven drop to hell + high damage = dead
Every Hayabusa player knows the feel to make an epic izuna drop. We all feel the same way. No Hayabusa player would understand that..... these people have no sense for humor.....

cip

pic_rev_04.jpg

Coming in the next DLC pack :)
Now I desperately need a random filter for costumes. I don't want to be a fat santa by accident.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD