Final Fantasy Thread

KasumiLover

SovereignKnight_
Premium Donor
No it's someone who starts out cold and warms up to people gradually. Friends busting each others balls is not the same thing.

Cold is blowing someone off, or ignoring them even if you were an absolute jackass you still wouldn't be cold you would be a jackass. But you aren't a jackass you're one the most bubbly people I know on this site even if you do spoil persona 5 endings.

Considering my last to posts have had nothing to do with FF I should probably say something about FF14 before I get yelled at.

I now have bird, I am now ninja, holy shit I hit credits yesterday and the main quest are still going. Speaking of credits thru ruined the ending battles of the first story by increasing the parties from 4 to 8. For starters 8 people will not wait for you to finish the numerous cutscenes like 4 will. And the 8 man party destroyed any sense of challenge and trivialized the bosses completely I don't even know what their attacks weee because there was so many people on screen.
Bubbly?? Woah, no one's ever used that to describe me before:oops: But yeah I see your point now, I got those mixed up.

And you already have the game, or is this from the demo?? The information you posted just now I mean

KasumiLover

SovereignKnight_
Premium Donor
Oh XD My mistake, I thought you already had the latest one and completed it XD Which reminds me, I'll hit up my grandpa tomorrow so he can give me my $25 allowance, if i save up three allowance and Dairy queen lunch meet ups, I'll have $75 and enough to get the game brand new from Gamestop! Hah...I'm excited just thinking about it, I've never gotten a chance to play FF before and now's my chance.

I'll hopefully not really need to download the patch since I won't be using the network features, I'll just play the game for the time being, and I'll definitely be changing Noctis into his casual outfit.
Noctis_Outfits_FFXV-1024x726.jpg

The no jacket versions of course, the third one is bad with the heavy jacket. XD I won't touch the other party's clothes tho, I'm OK with what they wear by default.

Hayabusiness

The music thing is awesome, but considering how many FF tunes have to be bought online, it's kind of disappointing.

I think my hugest gripe with this game is how much content is behind a pay wall: in XII I am not forced to always use Vaan, I can use everyone as the main party leader.
In XV only Noctis can be the leader, and while I'd understand it if that were so for like, certain boss battles, it's very disappointing if you are used to older games.
The other party members are playable only in DLC chapters... But let's wait the possible DLC that let's you use them in the main story :/

Then there is the rumor (or was it not?) of DLC party members. Imagine, in FFVII, paying for every character that is not Cloud, Barret or Aeris (first disc) and Tifa (second disc).
That's a bit how it feels. I understand the main four are the most important and a party without them would make the story weird, but now they just want to recreate how VII printed money on an extreme degree. You could simply unlock extra characters on a NG+ or something.
It's not like some are not in the game, think of all the possible optional party members you get in the main story.

I also loved the excuse for the fact there are no female characters in the party (who will be dlc anywayyy) is that male players (or the male characters I don't know) would feel uncomfortable. Can someone confirm they said this? Because it's ridiculous and I want it to be false.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Oh XD My mistake, I thought you already had the latest one and completed it XD Which reminds me, I'll hit up my grandpa tomorrow so he can give me my $25 allowance, if i save up three allowance and Dairy queen lunch meet ups, I'll have $75 and enough to get the game brand new from Gamestop! Hah...I'm excited just thinking about it, I've never gotten a chance to play FF before and now's my chance.
I'll hopefully not really need to download the patch since I won't be using the network features...

Great to hear. :)
They'll summarize tomorrow what the huge 7,2G patch contains. They said it will further "enjoyment" of the game. One thing that we already know of: It will fix camera problems.

Omg really? Since the game is kinda lacking overworld music, this is awesome!

The game isn't lacking overworld music though:

Beautiful, dynamic pieces are playing from time to time. Similar to Skyrim they don't always play but from time to time they set in to heighten the mood.

Nikotsumi

Beautiful, dynamic pieces are playing from time to time. Similar to Skyrim they don't always play but from time to time they set in to heighten the mood.
Oh, I didn't say it's completetely lacking overworld music. It's just that when walking around in the field, most of the time (70-80%) you just hear footsteps (it always depends on where you're exactly walking), so being able to listen to the FF radio music whenever you want it's a really nice addition imo.
Those are great tracks by the way, especially the second one xD

KasumiLover

SovereignKnight_
Premium Donor
Great to hear. :)
They'll summarize tomorrow what the huge 7,2G patch contains. They said it will further "enjoyment" of the game. One thing that we already know of: It will fix camera problems.

if it's 7.2 GB I guess that's fine, I thought it was 14.2 GB XD

KasumiLover

SovereignKnight_
Premium Donor
For good reason XD I don't like her very much, she's not very inspired imo, the whole armour thing is just...no. XD

Jadeinchains

Well one of the stages of my 2 next outfits are finished! *Passes out* ( the temperature in my house doesn't help! )

14.2G is the demo.

On another note:

CxsM0bXVEAAhr0U.jpg:medium

Aranea. :) I always forget about her, lol.

Wow she looks really gorgeous there, I'm liking these designs going up until release date. I'm surprised byou don't like her considering... Well what the comment above says. :p

There's always a Dragoon and I think she's a good one for this game, the armour is very nice and I think its very suitable. And from the fight scene we saw its going to be really great.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Well one of the stages of my 2 next outfits are finished! *Passes out* ( the temperature in my house doesn't help! )

Wow she looks really gorgeous there, I'm liking these designs going up until release date. I'm surprised byou don't like her considering... Well what the comment above says. :p

There's always a Dragoon and I think she's a good one for this game, the armour is very nice and I think its very suitable. And from the fight scene we saw its going to be really great.

So far I'm not a big fan of her because she seems, like Cindy, oversexualized for the mere sake of it. Cindy dresses like a roadside hooker but behaves like the girl next door, Aranea dresses just a tad more decent, but still pretty sexualized (armor nipples, lol) and additionally behaves like a hooker. She talks to Noctis exactly like Christie talks to Eliot by the way. Unlike Eliot I'm glad Noctis isn't afraid to literally kick her ass:

giphy.gif

Apparently Aranea plays a bigger part in the story than many thought and maybe she'll evolve into more than just an oversexualized boss encounter. Let's see...

tumblr_ofl566hfwi1qgio5qo1_540.png

tumblr_ofcruuD2VQ1tnahllo1_1280.jpg

Jadeinchains

Cindy... Yeah I'll say she's over sexualized, Arenea though nah I wouldn't say she's over sexualized. They even covered up her outfit a little more so that besides some clevage she isn't showing anything. I'll be interested to see how she acts with the characters and if she's a big part.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Cindy... Yeah I'll say she's over sexualized, Arenea though nah I wouldn't say she's over sexualized. They even covered up her outfit a little more so that besides some clevage she isn't showing anything. I'll be interested to see how she acts with the characters and if she's a big part.

That's what I meant. She's like: "Hey, pretty boy..." *licks her mouth* towards Noctis. That's imo such a stale Japanese game trope. *sigh*

Hayabusiness

So, finally proper spoilers popped up.
I'm only going to post minor but a bit crucial details on how the story flows, but if you want to go into the game almost blindly you should not open this spoiler.

Apparently the reason why proper plot spoilers took so long to pop up on 4chan (a peruvian user is helping) is that the story does not really move until mid game, when supposedly the open world part finishes, the more lineart part starts and all of the events unfold.

That's what I meant. She's like: "Hey, pretty boy..." *licks her mouth* towards Noctis. That's imo such a stale Japanese game trope. *sigh*
Sadly, a lot of opinions I read said the story is full of stale Japanese game tropes... still, like everything in videogaming, it's better to check things for ourselves so I'll wait for a cutscene compilation (pitiful I know but no PS4 XD).

Makes me think the open world was the priority during development phase, like Xenoblade X (which got less emphasis on the story due to the developers wanting to work more on gameplay and exploration).

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD