Final Fantasy Thread

Tyaren

Standard Donor
When was this supposed to release again? School stuff kept me busy to the point where I lost track :(

There's literally no fan art for her or Gentiana :(

*insert I know what you are trying to accomplish here gif*

Alright...here's some (very easy to find) fanarts of both:

tumblr_ogxlm7ldwz1rzfelno1_500.png

tumblr_ogr7lflZEc1vnqw7lo1_500.png

tumblr_ogwnntWNvE1rr6vf6o1_1280.png

tumblr_og0insEyhT1vjgr62o1_500.jpg

(This one is totally my kind of style! :D)

tumblr_o5mdhcqFxF1t342lso1_500.jpg

tumblr_odnqvxy09Y1v257qyo1_1280.jpg

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
*insert I know what you are trying to accomplish here gif*

Alright...here's some (very easy to find) fanarts of both:

tumblr_ogxlm7ldwz1rzfelno1_500.png

tumblr_ogr7lflZEc1vnqw7lo1_500.png

tumblr_ogwnntWNvE1rr6vf6o1_1280.png

tumblr_og0insEyhT1vjgr62o1_500.jpg

(This one is totally my kind of style! :D)

tumblr_o5mdhcqFxF1t342lso1_500.jpg

tumblr_odnqvxy09Y1v257qyo1_1280.jpg
lol I searched all over certain websites and there was not a single sight of fan art for them. Were these on Deviantart?

Last edited:

Hayabusiness

It could be that Japan is not huge on this game.
Aside from the fact that they're more Dragon Quest people, I heard the Judgement demo got mocked quite a lot by Japanese twitter users for the bugs.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Bugs that you 95% cant even find playing n i normally lol

As for DLC party members rumour its probably to fill up SP content... 3 character eps and an online co opmode isnt exactly 19.99 worth of content

Not unless the character eps are $5 each

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Aside from the fact that they're more Dragon Quest people, I heard the Judgement demo got mocked quite a lot by Japanese twitter users for the bugs.

They are just mad the game is too hard for them. XD In the big Episode Duscae survey EU and US players stated the game was too easy and the Japanese stated it was too hard and they didn't understand the objective. The Judgment demo runs especially on easy mode for Japan but they probably still don't get it.

Now that I think about it, I think the demo garnered mostly just praise here in the West. People actually really liked it. Episode Duscae and Platinum Demo were not received nearly as well.

Even Grump loves and defends it. XD

I never tried that demo (I'm too lazy to set up a Japanese account). Was it THAT bad or was the bug issue too overhyped? :/

I didn't run into one single bug.

Jadeinchains

I'm pretty sure @Tyaren said how most Japanese players didn't know what to do in the Duscae demo either. And that's crap if they were making fun of it for hard to find bugs... In a demo.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
In two days IGN will be joined by director Hajime Tabata and they are going to stream some live gameplay:

CxtRZiVXUAEn003.jpg

(I hope in two days I already got the game and can play it on my own. ;) )

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Going to play Episode Duscae on the Pro and see how much better it can run.

Games have to be patched for the Pro in order to run any different on it. ;)
I played Episode Duscae actually yesterday evening (downloaded it again on the Pro for that gorgeous lighting that the final game unfortunately won't have anymore) and it was the exact same demo.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
When it comes to some aspects some software doesn't need upgrades to run better. For example when there are tons of particles flying around on the screen on one system it can slow down or cut down the frame rate. On a more powerful system there will be either less or eliminated slow down because the hardware is able to handle putting out that kind of power. The demo ight be the same but it could run better because the hardware is significantly stronger and able to take that kind of abuse. It's like comparing a non gaming PC with a weak graphics card to a gaming PC with a 1080 card in it.
That said when I summoned Ramuh or had to fight over 15 enemies at once in one fight on my old PS4 I would have bad issues with frame drop. I had barely any frame drop just now with over 15 enemies on the screen at once while I would try to avoid that before.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
When it comes to some aspects some software doesn't need upgrades to run better. For example when there are tons of particles flying around on the screen on one system it can slow down or cut down the frame rate. On a more powerful system there will be either less or eliminated slow down because the hardware is able to handle putting out that kind of power. The demo ight be the same but it could run better because the hardware is significantly stronger and able to take that kind of abuse. It's like comparing a non gaming PC with a weak graphics card to a gaming PC with a 1080 card in it.
That said when I summoned Ramuh or had to fight over 15 enemies at once in one fight on my old PS4 I would have bad issues with frame drop. I had barely any frame drop just now with over 15 enemies on the screen at once while I would try to avoid that before.
All true except PS4 Pro runs unoptimized PS4 games in a compatibility mode, which is why you can actually see games performing worse. It's not like tossing in a better graphics card on a computer.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Okay, Tabata today had two messages for fans. One regarding the FFXV day one patch:

"Camera improvements will make it easier to track action going on in narrow areas.
The new “Wait Mode” function (makes it so the game automatically waits when you stop command inputs) will get an ability tree for more in-depth strategic elements.
A “Monster Whistle” that can be used to call out monsters will be added.
New event scenes from Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV and “Omen” trailer will be added.
Recipes and fish varieties, as well as a gallery, will be added for players who enjoy collecting items.
Social network function will be added, allowing players to upload Prompto’s photographs to Facebook and Twitter."

Apparently the data for this game is so big that it already exhausts the 50GB data capacity of blu-ray. They simply have to release some stuff via patches. Imo a second CD would have been cool too. Just like old times. :)
Tabata also had a message regarding early copies being sold in some parts of the world (South America and Middle East):

“We are nearing the release date of November 29. I’m wishing from the bottom of my heart that everyone will get to enjoy the game with a fresh new feeling. However, we’ve confirmed that some packages of Final Fantasy XV have been released around some parts of the world, with gameplay videos being uploaded to the Internet. This may be inevitable due to regional circumstances, but it’s something we regret very much.”

“It’s our big goal to have everyone enjoy the story of Final Fantasy XV and discover its surprises through the simultaneous global release. There are likely other spoiler videos and such circulating out there that we had not expected, so for those of you looking forward to Final Fantasy XV, we hope that you’ll be careful.”

“We are doing everything we can to prevent the circulation of the spoiler videos. For those of you that received the game earlier, please keep those who’ve waited a long time for the game in consideration. In order to meet the best possible release date with everybody, we ask for your understanding and cooperation.”

UpSideDownGRUNT

People ripped the fuckout of FFXIII having 3 discs on Xbox so if FFXV had 2 discs I imagine it'd only add more to the random and imo unnecessary hate for XV

Tyaren

Standard Donor
People ripped the fuckout of FFXIII having 3 discs on Xbox so if FFXV had 2 discs I imagine it'd only add more to the random and imo unnecessary hate for XV

The problem with patches is...not everyone is able to access the internet with their console. Even though Tabata made sure you can play the game just fine without internet, these people will be missing stuff for which they paid.
I also don't see why you would blast XV if the blu-ray is simply full. What can they do, lol? It's a huge game. I get more for my money is what I would think.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD