Final Fantasy Thread

Jadeinchains

I like the sound of the gallery for collected things cause that's something I enjoy, its nice that they are telling people to be safe of spoilers too.

Nikotsumi

Yeah, I like galleries too and I'm also curious about that Monster Whistle thing. Also, I didn't mind that FFXIII had 3 discs, in fact I kinda liked it due to nostalgia xD
By the way, here's the -8 days artwork, featuring Luna and Noctis :D I really hope I'll get my copy within the week.

CxxWXquWQAAeYLk.jpg:large

Hayabusiness

I have a mini super minor spoiler. It has nothing to do with the plot and characters, so you can look at it without having not much ruined, but dammit fuck if it makes me lose respect for the game.
The last cinematic has product placement in the middle of the screen.

KasumiLover

SovereignKnight_
Premium Donor
That book is amazing! Would add more of my two cents but apparently I'm an egocentric guy who does nothing more than derail threads and only talk about ryona/fetish banter, Lol, don't wanna get a mod called for tryna be friendly, hehe.;)

If I have the money, I may import the book.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Welp, there's a trailer to avoid.

I'm trying to go as blind as possible, which is getting hard thanks to youtube, already been spoiled for a few things just by thumbnails alone...

Have you seen the other trailers? If so, there is hardly something in here that would spoiler you beyond that. This is less a story trailer than a trailer that explains the game, game world, the game mechanics and a bit about the main and support characters for people who have no clue about it.

Altissia looking prettier than ever:

ywNtKV5.gif

But they actually really scrapped the Campanile... D:
@Hayabusiness and @Nikotsumi isn't that a sacrilege?

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Seems fine by me. Fantasy is fantasy after all, and it might be better to remove links to real world religious imagery.

Yeah, that's why they've placed huge angel statues all over the city and Basilica di San Marco is towering over the city with twice as many domes and spires?

KasumiLover

SovereignKnight_
Premium Donor
Yeah, that's why they've placed huge angel statues all over the city and Basilica di San Marco is towering over the city with twice as many domes and spires?
My mom would flip out if she saw that, lol. XD

But yeah even FF has to be careful regarding religious stuff like this.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
My mom would flip out if she saw that, lol. XD

But yeah even FF has to be careful regarding religious stuff like this.

Lol, would she flip out if she saw a tower like this instead?

campanile-12.jpg

Probably not because many don't know it is the detached bell tower of a church. Outside Italy detached bell towers are very uncommon.
I highly doubt they cut the campanile for being too religious. Japan doesn't give a f*** about that. XD

Nikotsumi

I just don't get why they removed the Campanile, it was there!!!! D:
At this point they should have removed both the Basilica and the Campanile. But it's a different city after all so I don't mind that much, still...it would have been cool to have both.

KasumiLover

SovereignKnight_
Premium Donor
Lol, would she flip out if she saw a tower like this instead?

campanile-12.jpg

Probably not because many don't know it the detached bell tower of a church. Outside Italy detached bell towers are very uncommon.
No I think she'd be fine with that. XD It's amazing how quickly games like this can scrap areas like that, but it can also probably benefit the game since that's less content strain on the system.

Hayabusiness

Now I see the gif (did not load at all before) and there is multiple campanili lol. Scrap that before you lynch me again with sarcasm XD

I have no idea what they removed it, but still, fantasy is fantasy. I don't think it's sacrilegious because it's not the real Venice.

It's interesting how the aesthetic shifted from urban Tokyo to Venice (talking about Versus in regards to Tokyo). Apparently it's because Japanese people complained it was too similar to what they had IRL.

Edit: thinking more about it, it could be they removed it for aesthetic reasons.
I doubt removing a campanile makes the game run faster when the city is overflowing with things.
Maybe they simply don't want it to look to much like the real Venice. I mean who knows, it already looks like Venice 2.5

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
It's interesting how the aesthetic shifted from urban Tokyo to Venice (talking about Versus in regards to Tokyo). Apparently it's because Japanese people complained it was too similar to what they had IRL.

Altissia was always going to be Venice inspired though. It is just Insomnia, Noctis' home city, that went through a drastic make over. It was literally Shinjuku before. Even streets and city districts had their exact real life names and the Lucian royal family was run and looked like a Yakuza clan. By now that's all gone. Insomnia now looks like New York merged with random European cities merged with fantasy. The Lucian royal family also looks nothing like a Yakuza clan anymore.
Many Japanese took offense to the Yakuza thing. Contrary to popular belief they are not popular at all in Japan.

Hayabusiness

Hmm, well, I do believe they complained also because it looked too much like modern Japan. But I have no source on that atm.

Nomura Nomura... They removed your baby from your arms... But it still took you a million years to even try to birth it.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
The publisher Piggyback released 20 preview pages of their official FFXV Guide. You can download them as a PDF file here:
https://t.co/eIZd8wyfAK

Looks imo really good. :) I already ordered the hardcover Collectors Edition, which has almost 400 pages and many extras like art prints, posters and maps:

CrXCV0KWAAExvg5.jpg

It is also available as a less exclusive softcover version:

5805523_R_Z001A

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD