What was the point of Force Techs, exactly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverKhaos

As it is right now, the only point seems to be making "kick them while they are down" a viable strategy.

So there's no wakeup, and you can't counter when you are on the ground anymore, so now its just people kicking their opponent when they are on the ground and magically forcing them to get up, whether the opponent wants to or not.

So again I ask...what was the grand master plan behind that exactly? Beyond just "take control away from the would be defender"?

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Force techs are supposedly designed to give you an offensive as well as a positioning advantage by making your opponent wake up where and when you want them to, forcing them to guess wrong on wakeup. At the same time, it doesn't give the opponent - especially one who thrives on spacing, such as Ayane - a chance to get out of offensive pressure by rolling to a position that gives them advantage, or with wakeup kicks which have frames of invulnerability.

SilverKhaos

Force techs are supposedly designed to give you an offensive as well as a positioning advantage by making your opponent wake up where and when you want them to, forcing them to guess wrong on wakeup. At the same time, it doesn't give the opponent - especially one who thrives on spacing, such as Ayane - a chance to get out of offensive pressure by rolling to a position that gives them advantage, or with wakeup kicks which have frames of invulnerability.

So the point is ACTUALLY to eliminate the possibility of recovering from being attacked? The hell?!

I so wanna throatpunch whoever even came up with the CONCEPT of forcetechs, because apparently it was someone whose motto is "screw balance."

Blazeincarnated

As it is right now, the only point seems to be making "kick them while they are down" a viable strategy.

So there's no wakeup, and you can't counter when you are on the ground anymore, so now its just people kicking their opponent when they are on the ground and magically forcing them to get up, whether the opponent wants to or not.

So again I ask...what was the grand master plan behind that exactly? Beyond just "take control away from the would be defender"?
Its exactly that. Let no one else tell you different.

shunwong

SilverKhaos said:
Sorry, can you clarify that sentence?

Helena , for example, is at negative frames after every move she does. The only way she can force her advantage is by force teching

PS: I meant lack not luck

Awesmic

Standard Donor
So the point is ACTUALLY to eliminate the possibility of recovering from being attacked? The hell?!

I so wanna throatpunch whoever even came up with the CONCEPT of forcetechs, because apparently it was someone whose motto is "screw balance."
You play a close range character with few range/whiff punishment options, I believe.

If you're playing against an Ayane player who knows what he/she is doing, you're gonna have a hard time if you let up on your force techs, as an experienced player will have good options to keep you out and still do damage. Not every character - much less every player - plays the same way for the most part. Don't be afraid to take advantage of what's available to you because you feel the concept is "unbalanced".

SilverKhaos

Helena , for example, is at negative frames after every move she does. The only way she can force her advantage is by force teching

PS: I meant lack not luck

Well then rather than making it so the opponent can't fight back, why not just actually fix her moves?

Also, I thought Helena's strength was supposed to be her mixup, not her rushdown.

Not trying to be hostile.

SilverKhaos

You play a close range character with few range/whiff punishment options, I believe.

If you're playing against an Ayane player who knows what he/she is doing, you're gonna have a hard time if you let up on your force techs, as an experienced player will have good options to keep you out and still do damage. Not every character - much less every player - plays the same way for the most part. Don't be afraid to take advantage of what's available to you because you feel the concept is "unbalanced".

Well it's certainly no fun when they can't fight back, which is why I can't understand why anyone would ever want to do that. I literally NEVER do force tech for that reason: it's no fun.

Also, my original assessment still stands that its an idiotic mechanic that does nothing but act as a kid mode cop-out by taking away the defending players ability to..youknow...recover and defend. I was hoping there was a different reason for it, but apparently not.

Also, i'm not attacking you...I just REALLY hate this mechanic for being essentially the ground version of a juggle, so I hate it for the same reason I hate juggles: it takes the "fight" out of "fighting game", since there's apparently nothing you can do about it.

Even more so since there was literally no reason TO add it, but every reason why it should be removed.

Also, its 9 in the morning and I didn't sleep last night, so I'm crankier than normal lol.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
It was because itagaki doesn't like slow games and the old wake up game was too slow paced for him.

Murakame

What are you complaining about? Force techs don't take away the ability to defend from anything. Nothing is stopping you from holding the guard button when you get teched you know. All a force tech does is grant the attacker frame advantage to continue the assault. Its up to you as the defending player to figure out how to end the assault and start your own.

Blazeincarnated

Force Techs should be limited. If you abuse it too much, obviously it makes it a cop-out mechanic..

If you're playing against an Ayane player who knows what he/she is doing, you're gonna have a hard time if you let up on your force techs, as an experienced player will have good options to keep you out and still do damage. Not every character - much less every player - plays the same way for the most part. Don't be afraid to TAKE ADVANTAGE of what's available to you because you feel the concept is "unbalanced".
This sounds very egotistical. I don't play this way, and it certainly makes the game unbalanced. Its like beating a defenseless puppy. Just because you can do it doesn't mean it ok.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Force Techs should be limited. If you abuse it too much, obviously it makes it a cop-out mechanic..
This sounds very egotistical. I don't play this way, and it certainly makes the game unbalanced. Its like beating a defenseless puppy. Just because you can do it doesn't mean it ok.

Bullshit. That's exactly what It means. You get knocked down you suffer the consequences.

This isn't an RPG. You are TRYING to get the upper hand and prevent your opponent from doing anything. If you can't do that there is no way to consistently win. Coming back from that is supposed to be difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD