The DOA5U "Casual" thread. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

TOBMAST3R

This is how she looks? Wow she looks pretty great, although she does look like Kunimitsu

I´m pretty sure, the reveal of her is really close (E3). And by the way, beside Jun Kazama, Kunimitsu is one of my favorite female characters in the Tekken universe. =)

I wonder, how long Team Ninja will cover her face in the end. ^^ Maybe, we´ll never see it.

Well, that´s unlikely, but who knows. ^^

Rachel the fiend Slayer

I'm just gonna stopnow because fighting over the issue would be useless and to ongoing and I'd rather not argue now since this nes character has gotten me hyped.

Wow this girl looks awesome. Love her design and the mask looks great on her. Wonder if she will replace Tengu, never liked him so I'd be a bit happy

Can't wait to see how she fights, hope she turns out badass. Wonder if the background is for a new stage.

Hey welcome back MB :)

Hoya Destroyer

I´m pretty sure, the reveal of her is really close (E3). And by the way, beside Jun Kazama, Kunimitsu is one of my favorite female characters in the Tekken universe. =)

I wonder, how long Team Ninja will cover her face in the end. ^^ Maybe, we´ll never see it.

DoA5 has the best looking faces of any fighting game and it would be a great shame if TN hid this new characters behind a mask permanently. I dont think they will though.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
This actually bothers me a lot (in addition to TN essentially trolling the shit out of actual Tengu fans, which is not a cool thing for any company to do to any of their fans).

I mean, look at the last six months. Not only is there nothing for any of the guys since mid-December, but pretty much everything they've released has been related to some fetish or another: another swimwear pack, the ****ing gravures, a loli (even if you say she's not a loli because they say she's 18, you know she was designed to appeal to people into lolis), copy-paste nurse pack, and copy-paste cheerleader/gym pack.

That's seriously bad. They either sold out to make as much money as possible, or they think that's all their fanbase is interested in buying. Either way, they aren't thinking very highly of their fanbase. In which case, I don't think I'd want to be considered a part of their fanbase if they think so lowly of us.

I mean, sure, that's all some of the fanbase is interested in, but I don't think catering to the more misogynistic parts of their fanbase who only want objects they can masturbate to is a positive thing, and I don't appreciate being grouped in with them.
For the record, I'm not misogynistic. And I'm very offended that you'd say such a thing just because I have fetishes, much less being open and honest about them.

If you really knew me, I don't hate women (which I'm pretty certain is the meaning of the word). And yes, I've been very vocal about getting Christie's far more conservative trenchcoat in the past 2 years. But at the same time, I'm not insecure about my fetishes, and I wouldn't go so far as to label other like-minded people as misogynstic either because they're not flipping tables over gravure videos and fetishistic outfits.

Did you know some of those people you're labeling are the very people who have sympathy for Tengu fans and have also tried to bring the awareness to Team Ninja themselves? Did you even consider we have hearts? We're DOA fans. Do we not have DOA fan eyes? Don't we have hands, organs, dimensions, senses, affections, passions? Fed with the same buffs, hurt with the same nerfs, subject to the same patch changes, hyped and disappointed by the same means as a DOA player is? If you attack us, does our lifebar not go down? If you launch us, do we not go airborne? If we hold out of stun and get thrown, do we not get dealt more damage?

Number 13

Lisa didn't last long with a mask and even Hayabusa finally got his old mask-less DoA getup. This character will surely have a mask-less option too. She won't wear a mask when her swimsuit inevitably comes that is for sure.

For the record, I'm not misogynistic. And I'm very offended that you'd say such a thing just because I have fetishes, much less being open and honest about them.

If you really knew me, I don't hate women (which I'm pretty certain is the meaning of the word). And yes, I've been very vocal about getting Christie's far more conservative trenchcoat in the past 2 years. But at the same time, I'm not insecure about my fetishes, and I wouldn't go so far as to label other like-minded people as misogynstic either because they're not flipping tables over gravure videos and fetishistic outfits.

Did you know some of those people you're labeling are the very people who have sympathy for Tengu fans and have also tried to bring the awareness to Team Ninja themselves? Did you even consider we have hearts? We're DOA fans. Do we not have DOA fan eyes? Don't we have hands, organs, dimensions, senses, affections, passions? Fed with the same buffs, hurt with the same nerfs, subject to the same patch changes, hyped and disappointed by the same means as a DOA player is? If you attack us, does our lifebar not go down? If you launch us, do we not go airborne? If we hold out of stun and get thrown, do we not get dealt more damage?

Unless you are only interested in buying the fetishy stuff, then that part of the post wasn't referring to you.

I was thinking more of the NeoGAF and GameFAQs crowds at the time, though there are a handful here who would fit the bill as well.

Though to clarify, someone doesn't have to actively hate women to be misogynistic. There are many passive things that have been ingrained into people without them even realizing it, though now a days people are becoming more aware and attempting to course correct.

My Babenapes

I like the idea of this character, but do you think we will have the option to take the mask off? or do u think they havent created a face for her?

Also, do you think they will use a tengu fighting style or is it possible to see a new one for her.

Last edited:

David Gregg

I think we need to stop arguing with one another. TN created this character, not an FSD member. Those who like the new character, I have no problem with your enthusiasm I just don't appreciate it when you say "Be happy you got something". On the flip side, those who are upset that it wasn't Tengu don't make rude remarks to those who are excited about her.

Rachel the fiend Slayer

Yep I blocked 7 of the asshats and I'm ready to return. Did I miss anything outside this new char?

Just the halloween costume contest

I like the idea of this character, but do you think we will have the option to take the mask off? or do u think they havent created a face for her?

I wonder too. Maybe they'll allow it off, but perhaps they.want to save that for DOA6.

RoboJoe

@DrinkTheGenra I'm about to go to sleep so I'll make this short. Being attracted to beautiful women is not misogyny. Nor is being attracted to fetish outfits or buying them or creating them or whatever your exact argument is. Nothing in doa is misogynistic. Also, throwing around the word misogyny so casually diminishes the value of the word. At this point it means almost nothing (thanks Tumblr). Anyway, FSD is not the place for this sort of discussion, so I'm done.

Marteze

E3 is like next week, no? I do not have the temperament to wait that long for a reveal of a character that has been teased so much we practically know who it is. Nor the patience because although I am very compelled by these new prospects, I am also still so irreparably disappointed that it is not Selena Gomez. She deserves an award after everything she's done for this community...

Ignore that last bit. TN just needs to step their game up rn release a clear, full image and i will lie down in complete slayage and submission.

@DrinkTheGenra I'm about to go to sleep so I'll make this short. Being attracted to beautiful women is not misogyny. Nor is being attracted to fetish outfits or buying them or creating them or whatever your exact argument is. Nothing in doa is misogynistic. Also, throwing around the word misogyny so casually diminishes the value of the word. At this point it means almost nothing (thanks Tumblr). Anyway, FSD is not the place for this sort of discussion, so I'm done.

You are mostly correct outside of the bolded. However, I was not throwing it around casually, nor did I say that being attracted to beautiful women or anything like that was misogyny, so I'm not sure why you brought up those specific examples.

However, there are very misogynistic members of this fanbase (not quite as much at this forum as in other places), and a lot of them would likely deny it or justify it to themselves in some way. Passive misogyny is in some ways a bigger problem than active misogyny. Almost everyone can look at an active misogynist and know they are doing something wrong, but the passive ones often go by unnoticed, or with attempting to justify their actions instead of correct them.

The objectification of women is a huge problem, especially in video games. However, this is moving away from my original point: Team Ninja's seeming unwillingness to appeal to their fans outside of the specific fetish markets in the last six months. Whether it's because they need the money and are willing to sell out or because they honestly think that's all their fanbase will buy, it's not a good thing. If they think of me as a cash cow to be milked, then I'm not happy with them, and if they think this fetish wear is all I'm interested in buying them I'm definitely not happy with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD