The DOA5U "Casual" thread. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Argentus

Am I the only person who hasn't been excited about any of the dlc characters so far? Got an unsettling loli, a fourth or fifth kasumi, and now what looks like a girl with a tengu mask.

I'm waiting to see if this girl at least looks interesting, but as the last two didn't impress me, I'm not holding my breath.

Yurlungur

Well, you can get rid of some characters who don't really do anything for the plot in the story and create side stories for them, not for anything

we don't care that lei fang wants the d or that Mila wants to meet her senpai(sorry argentus)
can we just remove those points from the story and actually make something interesting? Like jann lee being captured and lei fang having to save him or when tina's running for govenor she learns about doatech and tries to flush them out in the process she hires mila as a body guard

I dunno like add some spice

Last edited:

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
For those interested in what her fighting style will be based on (compliments of @Forlorn Penguin) :

Well, we don't know if that's truly the case yet. It probably will be, but I'm sure a lot his awesome moves won't be retained. I can't see a woman of average build (or so she seems to be anyway) doing Bankotsubo's insanely badass throws and holds. And if she doesn't have wings (which remains to be seen at this point), she simply won't be able to do any of Bankotsubo's moves which incorporated flying, which would be at least 40% of his moveset.

It's entirely possible that this chick will be to Tengu as Rachel was to SPARTAN, meaning that the character will actually be completely different, but just share a few select moves.

Last edited:

Rawbietussin

Well, you can get rid of some characters who don't really do anything for the plot in the story and create side stories for them, not for anything

we don't care that lei fang wants the d or that Mila wants to meet her senpai(sorry argentus)
can we just remove those points from the story and actually make something interesting? Like jann lee being captured and lei fang having to save him or when tina's running for govenor she learns about doatech and tries to flush them out in the process she hires mila as a body guard

I dunno like add some spice

Incorporate how Lisa the human divebomber splatted Kokoro from a 50-ft building when she applied as a MIST receptionist. That's habañero spice right there for DOA6's story.

Xhominid The Demon Within

You are mostly correct outside of the bolded. However, I was not throwing it around casually, nor did I say that being attracted to beautiful women or anything like that was misogyny, so I'm not sure why you brought up those specific examples.

However, there are very misogynistic members of this fanbase (not quite as much at this forum as in other places), and a lot of them would likely deny it or justify it to themselves in some way. Passive misogyny is in some ways a bigger problem than active misogyny. Almost everyone can look at an active misogynist and know they are doing something wrong, but the passive ones often go by unnoticed, or with attempting to justify their actions instead of correct them.

The objectification of women is a huge problem, especially in video games. However, this is moving away from my original point: Team Ninja's seeming unwillingness to appeal to their fans outside of the specific fetish markets in the last six months. Whether it's because they need the money and are willing to sell out or because they honestly think that's all their fanbase will buy, it's not a good thing. If they think of me as a cash cow to be milked, then I'm not happy with them, and if they think this fetish wear is all I'm interested in buying them I'm definitely not happy with them.

I'm gonna make this as quick as possible because I want to address what the fuck is wrong with half of the assumptions made of the character, but I HAVE to get on this post real fast:

1. You are still abusing misogyny without even knowing what the proper DEFINITION of Misogyny is, so let me enlighten you:
Misogyny's definition is a hatred of women. Is there ANY woman in this game that is neglected at all? Or TN showing their bias against women anywhere? No, so again, stop using words you don't know the meaning of.

2. Congratulations, you used another term without realizing what the hell it means. Objectification is : to treat as an object or cause to have objective reality

And in that case, ANYTHING can be treated as an object for anything you believe it to be. And besides, all fighting game women suffer this same shit and so do plenty of the men so again, why is this a problem out the fuck of nowhere?

So, let me get to the real meat of my own topic:

If ANYONE is stupid enough to believe Female Tengu is an exact rip of Tengu...then I got some bad news for you...

Rachel has a similar moveset to Nicole, but even she has different attacks, holds and grabs than she does and only carries the spirit of her style. Same with Hayate gaining a combination of Ein's and Kasumi's styles before he gained his own, Momiji only somewhat gaining Ryu's moveset, Hitomi gaining her own moveset and having some of Ein's moves and so on and so forth.

She isn't gonna be taking away ANY of Banko'whatevers main movesets or even his holds and if anything, simply carry the spirit of his moveset and some basic attacks. So seriously, until we see her completely ripping him off, there's no point in acting as if TN is being vindictive asses and simply hope he shows up at DOA6.

gnooz

BpK5q5PIUAApmw5.jpg:large

BpK51KNIUAADEqJ.jpg:large

View attachment 5837

So she isn't Ayane lips are different and she has a mole just like Kunimitsu from Tekken lol.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Maybe her wings only appears during these attacks. Would be nice aestetically.

Meh. I'd prefer the wings stay there permanently. It'd look cooler and make her have a more consistently unique look compared to the rest of the cast.

If she's gonna replace a tengu, she should look as much like one as possible. Nice to see that she'll be holding a fan. She better be standing tall in tengu geta, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD