[Nov 11, 2012] DOA IN DALLAS 8! (Plano, TX)

DrDogg

Very unlikely I'll be going to this now.

Online is so bad, it's an exercise in frustration, I have no local scene, and I'm not convinced more than 10-15 people will even show for this. Just not worth it.

MASTER

Standard Donor
Very unlikely I'll be going to this now.

Online is so bad, it's an exercise in frustration, I have no local scene, and I'm not convinced more than 10-15 people will even show for this. Just not worth it.
Sorry to hear that Bryan. Maybe we will meet again at another event. I honestly believe it will have a good turn out but I guess "Good" is different for everyone. I'm preparing the tournament organizers for about 50 competitors at the moment since it seems it got a lot of buzz going around with the announcement and joining together with AB.

I'm hoping for the best but preparing for the worse but lets hope its good for the community's sake. If you change your mind let me know bro.

MASTER
:hayabusa:

DrDogg

Sorry to hear that Bryan. Maybe we will meet again at another event. I honestly believe it will have a good turn out but I guess "Good" is different for everyone. I'm preparing the tournament organizers for about 50 competitors at the moment since it seems it got a lot of buzz going around with the announcement and joining together with AB.

I'm hoping for the best but preparing for the worse but lets hope its good for the community's sake. If you change your mind let me know bro.

Unfortunately, I can only go by past event turnouts, which has been lackluster at best. Plus, I can't properly practice. That's the biggest issue right there. TTT2 and SC5 didn't really have big scenes around me (it's all Capcom), but the online was very, very solid, so I got all the practice I needed online. I can't do that with DOA5... :(

MASTER

Standard Donor
DOA In Dallas #8! 2000$ + Prizes!
UPDATED With Absolute Battle and TEAM NINJA SPONSORSHIP!

(LAST YEARS DOA IN DALLAS #7 AFTERMATH)

More DOA In Dallas action!

ENTRY Fee: 10$ for SINGLES!, 10$ Per Team in TAG TEAM (2 players)!
Venue Fee: 20$ online 35$ at the door!
Console: Xbox 360

What Game: Dead Or Alive 5
When: November 10th & 11th
Where: Holiday Inn Express,
700 East Central Parkway
Plano, TX 75074
Hotel Info: 972-881-1881
Block Code: ABG
Rate: $75.00
Please call the hotel to reserve your room. Mention you will be attending Absolute Battle to get the discount!!
SINGLES Tournament Rules:
LIFE SETTINGS: NORMAL (DEFAULT)​
TIME RULES: 60 Seconds​
DOUBLE ELIMINATION
ROUNDS PER MATCH: BEST OF 5 (FIRST TO 3 ROUNDS WINS MATCH)​
MATCHES PER SET: BEST 2 OUT OF 3 MATCHES (FIRST TO 2 MATCHES WINS THE SET)​
MATCHES PER SET IN WINNER/LOSER FINALS: BEST 3 OUT OF 5 MATCHES (FIRST TO WIN 3 MATCHES WINS THE SET)​
MATCHES PER SET IN GRAND FINALS: BEST 4 OUT OF 7 MATCHES (FIRST TO WIN 4 MATCHES WINS THE TOURNAMENT)​
CHARACTER SELECT: ANY CHARACTER CAN BE PICKED. WINNER HAS CHARACTER LOCK​
STAGE/MAP SELECT: RANDOM STAGE SELECTION MUST BE CHOSEN FOR EACH MATCH​
DANGERZONES: MUST ALWAYS BE ON​
CAMERA SETTING: CLASSIC/PRO​
EFFECTS SETTING: TURNED OFF/PRO​
*NO INFINITES ALLOWED*
*LATEST PATCH*
1500$ distributed to TOP 3 placers!
DOA TAG TEAM TOURNAMENT Has been added!!
REGISTRATION takes place after singles tournament!
DOA TAG (Doubles) RULES:
TAG TEAM: MUST be 2 players per team, no exceptions!! (10$ entry fee per team)
LIFE SETTINGS: NORMAL (DEFAULT)​
TIME RULES: 99 Seconds​
DOUBLE ELIMINATION
ROUNDS PER MATCH: BEST OF 5 (FIRST TO 3 ROUNDS WINS MATCH)​
MATCHES PER SET: BEST 2 OUT OF 3 MATCHES (FIRST TO 2 MATCHES WINS THE SET)​
MATCHES PER SET IN GRAND FINALS: BEST 3 OUT OF 5 MATCHES (FIRST TO WIN 3 MATCHES WINS THE TOURNAMENT)​
CHARACTER SELECT: ANY CHARACTER CAN BE PICKED. WINNER HAS CHARACTER LOCK​
STAGE/MAP SELECT: RANDOM STAGE SELECTION MUST BE CHOSEN FOR EACH MATCH​
DANGERZONES: MUST ALWAYS BE ON​
CAMERA SETTING: CLASSIC/PRO​
EFFECTS SETTING: TURNED OFF/PRO​
500$ given to first and second TAG TEAM. 400$ for first and 100 for second!!
Current Partners: Team NINJA, DFWGames.com and Versusnetplay.com
Stay tuned for more info and post here or at TKPLAYERS.com for the latest info if you are interested.

MASTER

Team NINJA signs on as OFFICIAL SPONSOR bringing the over all prize money given out at DOA IN DALLAS #8 to 2000$ + Prizes!!

Hope to see some familiar faces there! More info still coming in so stay tuned!

MASTER

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
FAIL!! lol its all good man. Sux you cant make it.

Also EVERYONE we will have a Team NINJA representative after all. Creative Director Tom Lee will be there to show the community support! Its going to be fun!

MASTER
Will there be a live stream at the event?

Steady G

Ahhhhh I wish I can go. The DOA Tag Tournament would be very interesting to enter in.. But I would definitely be watching the stream to watch this one person in particular... But seriously I need to go to this though... -_-

MASTER

Standard Donor
Tourney signups start at 8 am and will most likely end by 11am. Tourney is scheduled to start at 12pm!
This should be the main stream for DOA if everything goes as planned. We are hoping we have enough bandwidth for all the stream stations
http://www.twitch.tv/dfwgames.com

MASTER

damedame

wait WHAT day is it? two are listed.

When: November 10th & 11th

I live like 5 minutes south of Plano in Richardson so I can make it both days, just wanna know which day to get up since I tend to sleep till noon. :p

damedame

Ahh okie.

One more question:
Venue Fee: 20$ online 35$ at the door!
I see no link online XD
I mean I don't really like the idea of playing to pay DOA, cuz I'm stingy... but I haven't gotten to play offline much at all so I guess it's worth it.

Never gone to any tournament before so I have no clue what tournament fee or venue fee are, or how they're different. XD

PureYeti

Oh yesterday was the last day to sign up online. That means you will have to pay at the place.

It's free to watch if you don't wanna to compete. Venue fee are fees goes toward the rental of the place for the tournament.

Games with tournament fees is the amount of money it costs to enter a tournament. The money will be added to the total prize. Then it will be split among the top finalists depending on how many people compete.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD