[Nov 11, 2012] DOA IN DALLAS 8! (Plano, TX)

MASTER

Standard Donor
DOA In Dallas #8! 2000$ + Prizes!
UPDATED With Absolute Battle and TEAM NINJA SPONSORSHIP!

(LAST YEARS DOA IN DALLAS #7 AFTERMATH)

More DOA In Dallas action!

ENTRY Fee: 10$ for SINGLES!, 10$ Per Team in TAG TEAM (2 players)!
Venue Fee: 20$ online 35$ at the door!

BYOC!! Bring your own Controller/Joystick/Converter! None will be provided!

Console: Xbox 360

What Game: Dead Or Alive 5
When: November 10th & 11th
Where: Holiday Inn Express,
700 East Central Parkway
Plano, TX 75074
Hotel Info: 972-881-1881
Block Code: ABG
Rate: $75.00
Please call the hotel to reserve your room. Mention you will be attending Absolute Battle to get the discount!!
SINGLES Tournament Rules:
LIFE SETTINGS: NORMAL (DEFAULT)​
TIME RULES: 60 Seconds​
DOUBLE ELIMINATION
ROUNDS PER MATCH: BEST OF 5 (FIRST TO 3 ROUNDS WINS MATCH)​
MATCHES PER SET: BEST 2 OUT OF 3 MATCHES (FIRST TO 2 MATCHES WINS THE SET)​
MATCHES PER SET IN WINNER/LOSER FINALS: BEST 3 OUT OF 5 MATCHES (FIRST TO WIN 3 MATCHES WINS THE SET)​
MATCHES PER SET IN GRAND FINALS: BEST 4 OUT OF 7 MATCHES (FIRST TO WIN 4 MATCHES WINS THE TOURNAMENT)​
CHARACTER SELECT: ANY CHARACTER CAN BE PICKED. WINNER HAS CHARACTER LOCK​
STAGE/MAP SELECT: RANDOM STAGE SELECTION MUST BE CHOSEN FOR EACH MATCH​
DANGERZONES: MUST ALWAYS BE ON​
CAMERA SETTING: CLASSIC/PRO​
EFFECTS SETTING: TURNED OFF/PRO​
*NO INFINITES ALLOWED*
*LATEST PATCH*
1500$ distributed to TOP 3 placers!
DOA TAG TEAM TOURNAMENT Has been added!!
REGISTRATION takes place after singles tournament!
DOA TAG (Doubles) RULES:
TAG TEAM: MUST be 2 players per team, no exceptions!! (10$ entry fee per team)
LIFE SETTINGS: NORMAL (DEFAULT)​
TIME RULES: 99 Seconds​
DOUBLE ELIMINATION
ROUNDS PER MATCH: BEST OF 5 (FIRST TO 3 ROUNDS WINS MATCH)​
MATCHES PER SET: BEST 2 OUT OF 3 MATCHES (FIRST TO 2 MATCHES WINS THE SET)​
MATCHES PER SET IN GRAND FINALS: BEST 3 OUT OF 5 MATCHES (FIRST TO WIN 3 MATCHES WINS THE TOURNAMENT)​
CHARACTER SELECT: ANY CHARACTER CAN BE PICKED. WINNER HAS CHARACTER LOCK​
STAGE/MAP SELECT: RANDOM STAGE SELECTION MUST BE CHOSEN FOR EACH MATCH​
DANGERZONES: MUST ALWAYS BE ON​
CAMERA SETTING: CLASSIC/PRO​
EFFECTS SETTING: TURNED OFF/PRO​
500$ given to first and second TAG TEAM. 400$ for first and 100 for second!!
Current Partners: Team NINJA, DFWGames.com and Versusnetplay.com
Stay tuned for more info and post here or at TKPLAYERS.com for the latest info if you are interested.

MASTER
:hayabusa:

DrDogg

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I only have enough vacation time left to attend one tournament this year and I can throw down in Marvel, TTT2, and DoA5 (among other games) at NEC. Might have to pass on DID this year.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
aww man that looks awesome !!!
I hope there's a stream for this!
I would so love to be there!! (who knows .. you might get a guest appearance from europe in DID 9 or 10) :p

DR2K

I will most likely be attending this, not too far from Houston and I've always regretted not attending a DiD.

MASTER

Standard Donor
Um... why wouldn't you just add DOA5 to this:

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/nov-10-11th-2012-absolute-battle-2012-dallas-tx.167395/

I would be much more willing to travel if there's more than just DOA there, and the turnout for DOA would be larger. It just doesn't give me much incentive to travel when only one game is being played at the event. I'm sure others would feel the same way, and there's a multi-game event in Dallas the same weekend. So... yeah.

Main reason was because I had already announced DOA In Dallas before even knowing about this event. Secondary reason is if I did attach D.I.D. to this event, there is a good chance that DOA wont be treated as the main event and more as a side 'thing'.

@Emperor Cow keep me posted on your travel plans for next year bro. I know its rough for you to make it this time.

MASTER

DrDogg

Main reason was because I had already announced DOA In Dallas before even knowing about this event. Secondary reason is if I did attach D.I.D. to this event, there is a good chance that DOA wont be treated as the main event and more as a side 'thing'.

Well, I'm down to travel for DOA (at the moment at least), but I don't want to go if there isn't a decent turnout. With NEC only a few weeks after this and another, larger tournament going on just a few miles away on the same day, I don't see how this will have more than 20-30 players. You did the same thing with DID last year, holding it on terrible dates. At least then you had A-kon to blame, but I just don't understand the logic behind holding an exclusive event so less people show but the game gets more attention from that smaller group.

That said, I may still make this if nothing else comes up since I won't be able to make NEC due to IPL5 conflicting with it. But right now I'd be much more inclined to go to a multi-game tournament than a DOA-exclusive one.

Are you even planning on streaming? If so, why not just bring your entire setup to the other event and have your own stream? Then DOA5 gets all the attention you want it to have.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
If you work with them Manny, seeing that DOA5 is so new and not like a 7 year old DOA4, you could tell them that you would like to run DID with their event and you'll be in charge of the DOA tournament and festivities as long as they provide the space you require.

There's a chance I *might* be in Dallas for this weekend as I have family who is possibly moving there based on job placement and it's the weekend of my birthday for which I'm sure they'd like to celebrate.

Relius Starkiller

You're my man 50 grand and everything but this is way to close to NEC and the fact that theres another tournament happening the same day in the same city urks me.

Merge it with the other tournament and I'll make DID, keep it the same date and separate I'm going to get so plastered that weekend in Jacksonville, Florida that I'll think I'm in Dallas, Texas.

Master, you should become a bad guy. Everyone hates a villain and everyone wants to see him get whats coming to him - if you started putting together promo videos like mine showcasing all the money you've won, your fine ass girlfriend, hanging out with A-list celebrities (Vin Diesel), etc. . . .dude, the hype around events you're at and tournaments you host would be massive.

MASTER

Standard Donor
I will definitely consider it, I've been talking with an old CGS/ESEA guy for the current venue he is helping with and i want to make sure he understands i could be pulling out of that venue 'potentially'. If some of you guys can actually make it to D.I.D. regardless of where its held, that would be great! If not I understand and hopefully I will see you guys at the next event. I wonder how much space they got.

EDIT: Why does there venue have to be so far from the center area of DALLAS? >_<

JR These days getting plastered in Dallas is on a whole other level. =D (I'm still the good guy? SWEET!)

MASTER

DrDogg

If some of you guys can actually make it to D.I.D. regardless of where its held, that would be great! If not I understand and hopefully I will see you guys at the next event. I wonder how much space they got.

If you want to see DOA at Evo, it would make much more of a statement to get a good turnout at a respected multi-game (read: Capcom) event as opposed to holding your own and only getting a moderate turnout. Again, no offense, but I doubt Evo would look at DID as a serious event compared to the other tournament going on that day.

There isn't much time between launch and the Evo games announcement. Right now it's unlikely Evo will include DOA5, but if we can show that the game will get a decent turnout, we may be able to sway them. If DOA gets 150-200 players at SB and NEC, as well as ~70-100 at smaller events, they can't ignore the game. I think making DID exclusive is counterproductive to that cause.

Chris Harris

Wouldn't it be better to have a DoA tournament at a fighting game tournament with other fighting game players? Seems a bit odd to have the tournament exclusive with no other fighting games available on the same day as a strong event. We need real numbers at actual events to get our game out there so people that aren't DoA players can play.

Please reconsider what you are doing and at least push for the game to be at Absolute Battle, and assuming you planned on streaming the event you can just do what Bryan said. We are past the time of people just not letting us play our game at their events. Let's get our game to events and show up to play guys.

That said doubtful I can make DiD (even more so since it's an exclusive event and I plan to compete in TTT2 as well at events I go to).

MASTER

Standard Donor
OK So just got off the phone with Absolute battle organizer and its sounds like we might be able to work something out. Nothing set in stone yet but just wanted remind you guys that their prices are much higher than what the price I'm working on now with the current venue.

At the current venue it will cost about 20$ to 25$ for venue and tournament at the door.

With Absolute Battle the venue will be 25$ online registration but 40$ at the door if you don't register online plus 10$ tournament entry.

Just want to make sure everyone understands the price jump for all you interesting.

MASTER

MASTER

Standard Donor
Ok cool. I'll will let everyone know all the details soon assuming everything goes smoothly.

MASTER

PureYeti

Haha I live like 10 minutes away from where DID originally located. I'm SO glad it is going to be included in the Absolute Battle 3.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD