[Nov 11, 2012] DOA IN DALLAS 8! (Plano, TX)

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Uh, put me down as a maybe now. I may just take some UIA (think sick time) to catch this tournament.

MASTER

Standard Donor
DOA In Dallas #8!
UPDATED With Absolute Battle!

(LAST YEARS DOA IN DALLAS #7 AFTERMATH)

More DOA In Dallas action!

ENTRY Fee: 10$ Paid AT THE DOOR! (Cash)
Venue Fee: 20$ Online 35$ at the door (Venue Fee can be paid online!)
http://www.versusnetplay.com/ab2012registration/

Console: XBOX 360
What Game: Dead Or Alive 5
When: November 10th
Where: 700 East Central Parkway, Plano, TX 75074
Holiday Inn Express
Hotel Info: (972-881-1881)
Block Code: ABG
Rate: $75.00
Please call the hotel to reserve your room. Mention you will be attending Absolute Battle to get the discount!!

Tournament Rules:

LIFE SETTINGS: NORMAL (DEFAULT)

DOUBLE ELIMINATION

ROUNDS PER MATCH: BEST OF 5 (FIRST TO 3 ROUNDS WINS MATCH)

MATCHES PER SET: BEST 2 OUT OF 3 MATCHES (FIRST TO 2 MATCHES WINS THE SET)

MATCHES PER SET IN WINNER/LOSER FINALS: BEST 3 OUT OF 5 MATCHES (FIRST TO WIN 3 MATCHES WINS THE SET)

MATCHES PER SET IN GRAND FINALS: BEST 4 OUT OF 7 MATCHES (FIRST TO WIN 4 MATCHES WINS THE TOURNAMENT)

CHARACTER SELECT: ANY CHARACTER CAN BE PICKED. WINNER HAS CHARACTER LOCK

STAGE/MAP SELECT: RANDOM STAGE SELECTION MUST BE CHOSEN FOR EACH MATCH

DANGERZONES: MUST ALWAYS BE ON

CAMERA SETTING: CLASSIC/PRO

EFFECTS SETTING: TURNED OFF/PRO

*No Infinites Allowed*

PRIZES: Over 500 Dollars in Cash and Prizes go to the top 3! (THIS MAY CHANGE DEPENDING ON ADDITIONAL SPONSORS)

Current Partners: DFWGames.com and Versusnetplay,com

Stay tuned for more info and post here or at TKPLAYERS.com for the latest info if you are interested.

MASTER
:hayabusa:

UPDATED! Venue fee registration can be done online DOA In Dallas Tournament Registration is at the door. Let me know if you guys have any questions. Its with absolute battle so there will be several tournament players of all kinds of fighting games.

MASTER

BlackxxxMamba

Honestly, after watching Seasons Beatings with the 3 out of 5 format, this game doesn't need a 3/5 format. I say keep it at 2/3.

4/7 is also too much for finals matches nowadays. Winners, Losers, and Grand Finals should be 3/5 though.

MASTER

Standard Donor
Why 2/3 matches instead of 3/5?
Its has always been the standard rule set for D.I.D. Since 2004 and has worked well for the event for the last 8 years.

Does anyone know if this will have a stream going for it? Would love to tune in.

Yes we plan to have a stream, I believe boom gorillas will be helping the event with the streaming. Of course like any other tournament, the event stream will stream several fights for all tournaments being hosted there. I will work on trying to get everyone a direct stream link since i believe there might be 2 or possibly 3 streams.

MASTER

DrDogg

Its has always been the standard rule set for D.I.D. Since 2004 and has worked well for the event for the last 8 years.

That was a different game and a different time. It's not uncommon to see 3/5, but it's all good. I just like having the extra match to mess around.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Its official, DOA IN DALLAS will be with Absolute battle!

MASTER
As of right now, I'm willing to take the chance to go. Hopefully I can make it because I look forward to meeting you guys & making more new friends. More importantly, get my state into the scenes & rep DOA. It's a working progress. So far I got my brother & 3 of my cousins into it. Just gotta pray I can get there.

AngryWorm

Would have been nice to be able to get down, but unless I find a way to get the Friday off and a flight to Dallas, I don't think it's in the cards.

Someday, I'll make it down. :(

:hitomi:

MASTER

Standard Donor
Would have been nice to be able to get down, but unless I find a way to get the Friday off and a flight to Dallas, I don't think it's in the cards.

Someday, I'll make it down. :(

:hitomi:
It's all good man, Just let me know if anything changes. ;)

MASTER

DrDogg

I will probably make this, although I don't expect to do well. This will probably be my last DOA5 tournament so I expect an easy road to the finals as a proper thank you.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I will probably make this, although I don't expect to do well. This will probably be my last DOA5 tournament so I expect an easy road to the finals as a proper thank you.

Maybe you could share your tourney rigging strats with Manny and you'll do fine? :)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD