Lei Fang changes in DOA5U

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
What do you guys mean by dashing 236P being removed? Like 2366P? I can still do a step in 236P with those. Also can do a crouch dash 236P with 236236P, which goes really far. Don't play Leifang and was just wondering what you guys meant.

phoenix1985gr

No they meant her while running attack now is 66P when it used to be 236P
Like if you input 66... P she would use 236P now just 66p

Yoyo

It's not weird, they just went back to what her running attack used to be in two and three.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
It's Done! ^^
DOA5U Lei Fang Combo video!(EN ver.):
http://youtu.be/cp5pJ4qjZmw

This video is meant to show off a little bit of what Lei Fang is capable of in DOA5U as well as show some Critical Burst set-ups from different situations. Also, there are some examples on how a combo can be extended from a Power Launcher both indoors and outdoors as well as several stage combos.

Check out the "Bonus" section for Pseudo force techs and how to jump over a knocked down opponent.

I hope you find this video both informative and entertaining. ^^

Special thanks to artist:Reptiles

DOA5U レイファンコンボビデオ!(日本語ヴァージョン):
http://youtu.be/GpSVQXjJEJQ

Last edited:

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
Is it optimal to do a combo after mid kick hold? It gives +15, so isn't it 214T guaranteed? It does better damage and there's no chance of messing up the combo due to nerves.

EDIT: Nevermind, apparently the advanced hold damage is added to the throw, and not the combo.

Last edited:

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Is it optimal to do a combo after mid kick hold? It gives +15, so isn't it 214T guaranteed? It does better damage and there's no chance of messing up the combo due to nerves.

EDIT: Nevermind, apparently the advanced hold damage is added to the throw, and not the combo.
:)

Blackula

Just found a better Lei Fang mid kick hold combo. Originally I was doing 3PKK > 3PP6PP which did 65. But I kept experimenting thinking, she must have more than just that.

Then I did 3P >8K > 9KK >3PP6PP for 70. I wasn't happy though. I wanted more.

Then I did 3P > 3K, P+K > PP4P > 46P for 73. Still wasn't happy.

Then I did 3P > 3K, P+K > PP4P > 3K, P+K for 74. Wanted more.

So after I did 3P, I did 64 P for the faint stun, but as we know, back in the 1.03 Vanilla patch, they made the opponent fall a bit faster if you did that. You could connect certain 13 frame or faster moves afterward since you couldn't restun with another 3P as it was 14 frames. So the followup was usually 6P since that's 12 and that's what you would use against the wall as well. So out in the open, I tried this.

3P > 64P > 6PK > 9KK > 3K, P+K which does 84.

The only problem with this is that if you do 6PK, the K has a chance of missing if the opponent is able to obtain fastest slow escape. On fast slow escape, it cannot be escaped.

Continuing on with trying to follow up 64P, I never tried Lei Fang's standing K which was 11. Surely enough it connected and I did the H+K followup and it bounced the opponent up and thought, oh wow, I might even get more.

So now I've come up with these combos which cannot be escaped at all.

3P > 64P > K, H+K > 9KK > 3K, P+K = 89
3P > 64P > K, H+K > 3PP4P > 46P = 89

Add to this the advanced mid kick hold damage and now you have this:

normal: 89 + 20 = 109
counter: 89 + 25 = 114
hi-count: 89 + 30 = 119

All this was tested on Hitomi. I'll need to try the other weight classes to see how this will need to be adjusted.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
3P > 64P > K, H+K > 9KK > 3K, P+K = 89
3P > 64P > K, H+K > 3PP4P > 46P = 89

Add to this the advanced mid kick hold damage and now you have this:

normal: 89 + 20 = 109
counter: 89 + 25 = 114
hi-count: 89 + 30 = 119

Nice find :)
I can confirm that they both work on midweights ..

As for Heavies (tested vs. Rachel) here's the best modifier I found:
3P > 64P > K, H+K > 3PKK2K = 85

As for Alpha-152:
3P > 64P > K, H+K > 3PP4P > P2P2K = 93 (max I could find)
3P > 64P > K, H+K > 9KK > PKK = 92
3P > 64P > K, H+K > 9KK > K, H+K = 91 (I personally like this because it gives more favorable spacing in the end)

Blackula

Nice find :)
I can confirm that they both work on midweights ..

As for Heavies (tested vs. Rachel) here's the best modifier I found:
3P > 64P > K, H+K > 3PKK2K = 85

As for Alpha-152:
3P > 64P > K, H+K > 3PP4P > P2P2K = 93 (max I could find)
3P > 64P > K, H+K > 9KK > PKK = 92
3P > 64P > K, H+K > 9KK > K, H+K = 91 (I personally like this because it gives more favorable spacing in the end)

I had a feeling with Alpha being feather, that number would go higher. Awesome find.

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
I wonder what I can do with 46H > 4KK... The only thing I can think of is 46H > 4KK > 9KKK. Hmm...

Blackula

Just increased the combo on the lightweights to 90.

3P > 64P > K,H+K > 6K > PPK2K (This combo does not work on middleweights or higher)

Also just increased the damage to Alpha to 97.

3P > 64P > K,H+K > 6K > 9KK > 46P

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
So today, I was trying to figure out some of Leifang's Power Launcher Ceiling Combos. The only two I found so far is:

214P+K>66KK (miss first K)>9KK>3KP+K (94 dmg)
214P+K>66KK (miss first K)>9KK>3PP6PP (100 dmg)

I'm still looking for more, but eh. These two were tested on lightweights.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD