Lei Fang changes in DOA5U

Leifang12

I saw in the stream that Leifang got
K after her 4P+K Unshu hold
Her 6K+H doesn't ground bounce on normal hit, but hits straight to the ground! (Maybe u can follow up with some H+K force tech)
Also while opponent is back turned, now the second kick in 3PKK now launches instead of stun :( Which is annoying since it was such a good combo starter when u countered mid kick!!! :(
K in 6PK while hitting on counter hit or more now has a new launch animation too!

NukNuks

These seem more like losses instead of gains...UGH.

I saw in the stream that Leifang got
K after her 4P+K Unshu hold
Her 6K+H doesn't ground bounce on normal hit, but hits straight to the ground! (Maybe u can follow up with some H+K force tech)
Also while opponent is back turned, now the second kick in 3PKK now launches instead of stun :( Which is annoying since it was such a good combo starter when u countered mid kick!!! :(
K in 6PK while hitting on counter hit or more now has a new launch animation too!

-I believe the mid kick after Unshu is a launcher as well. One of the only gains I've seen.
-6H+K no longer bounces on normal? WTF. There better be some tech to go along with it it otherwise I'd chalk that up as a loss.
-We're gonna have to figure out a new BT combo after mid kick hold since the setup has been nerfed.
-Lemme guess, the twirling animation? Hopefully whatever damage/combo we can get from it has increased and isn't just for looks. If it's just a new animation then it'd be the same launcher with a new hat.

Not tryna be pessimistic or anything but this whole time of DOA5U hype I've yet to see but a couple gains to Lei. The vids I've watched of people playing Lei at summer jam are horrid.

Einzelkind

I heard she has a CB out of Unshu now,too (not confirmed yet, I guess). But I can't really think of a scenario where this could work right now, unless they change the threshold on some moves or she can go back into Unshu after Unshu p+k.
I also think 6h+k gave a bound stun at some point.

phoenix1985gr

At the end of the stream yesterday there where some tag matches with lei fang jahn lee vs christie leon where the guy that used fang new what he was doing so nuk if you get the chance check them out... If we go by the trailer the mid k from unshu doesnt launch just stuns but its faster than p+k (or it seems that way) i didnt see even once a blocked 1 p+k or 6 h+k so im not sure what they re status is on block (honestly with the bounce gone on normal hit if its negative on block as rumored it would become a pretty useless move) no one used her 2p+k/ 3p4p so dont know anything about them too... 7k still GB (or GC? not sure about the differences there) but it could be changed to negative i guess... unshu OH o 64p to 66k worked so that a setp we still got... we also got a new winning animation thats all i saw actually... oh and on threshold someone tried to use 8k 9kk 3p - pp6pp and didnt work but i think it was on leon so if it indeed was its cause hes a heavy...

Fo BT opponents there is still the 3p 236p loop maybe its still there... 3pkk launches with the new cocntant twirl launch thing we got, the guy who used it was caught of guard didnt follow up with anything

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
So her Mid K unshu is a launcher as well? That's nice.

As for her Mid K Hold nerf, we are gonna have to innovate on her BT combos.

Leifang12

I am really dissapointed at the moment with the lack of Leifang players! Like when Vanilla DOA5 was on to get released no one played her ! Its annoying >.<

And also I havent seen anything new or exciting about Leifang, so I hope she didn't suffer/nerf to much, like I think they did >.<

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
I am really dissapointed at the moment with the lack of Leifang players! Like when Vanilla DOA5 was on to get released no one played her ! Its annoying >.<

And also I havent seen anything new or exciting about Leifang, so I hope she didn't suffer/nerf to much, like I think they did >.<

She's nerfed a little, but shes still fine trust me ;) ..

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
Leifang still has her tools that makes her an efficient character. She ain't gonna suffer that much.

NukNuks

Okay! So Punishere-san found a vid of a decent 5U Lei player.

What I noticed.
- 4P+K is now a launcher! It's one of the new launchers that sends the opponent somersaulting sky high. This is going to call for some new Lei juggles to max out the damage from the combo. This is a very nice addition to Lei's repetoire.
-Lei now has her 1KK from Unshu
-The mid kick from Unshu does not launch. Hopefully we can follow up with a critical burst after landing the mid kick on counter blow.

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
Great find NukNuk!

EDIT: Now for the Power Launcher question: Is it possible to do 214P+K, 9KK, 9KK...?

Leifang12

I cannot wait to play LeiLei in her DOA3 C3 costume <3 and her Grand Style music!!! AMAZING!! haha back to gameplay!

I LOVE that the K in her Unshu stance, stuns opponent into critical stun in 1 hit!!! Like Kokoro <3
I think that the Power Launchers look so stupid >.< and I think Its gonna be almost impossible to perform a juggle mid match!

TRI Mike

Not gameplay-related but does anyone have pics of her new costume¿ The orange-white small dress¿ It looks pretty.

NightAntilli

I cannot wait to play LeiLei in her DOA3 C3 costume <3 and her Grand Style music!!! AMAZING!! haha back to gameplay!

I LOVE that the K in her Unshu stance, stuns opponent into critical stun in 1 hit!!! Like Kokoro <3
I think that the Power Launchers look so stupid >.< and I think Its gonna be almost impossible to perform a juggle mid match!
Yeah... I'm also questioning the usefulness of the power launcher. In general it just seems to make it harder to get a proper juggle in, with minimal damage increase. It simply doesn't seem worth the risk.

NukNuks

Yeah... I'm also questioning the usefulness of the power launcher. In general it just seems to make it harder to get a proper juggle in, with minimal damage increase. It simply doesn't seem worth the risk.
Ayane, Kas, and Busa players have been doing it for years. It will take patience and practice..

NukNuks

-7K now has the twirling animation for the launch
- Launch animation for 6PK is now "face down, ass up". More than likely applies to P+K also and the variations of it.

As seen in this vid

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD