Dead or Alive 5 Alpha Demo System and Character Discussions

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I would like to see more experimentation with the Free Step system, as I know I've stepped Ayane's :6::P: with hayabusa at round start. I imagine it's the same or similar to 3.1 as Team NINJA stated as such a few months back.

TRI Mike

I seem to have an extra code with Hayate and Ayane because of a "misunderstanding" with Amazon. I could exchange it for a Busa/Hitomi one.

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
I would like to see more experimentation with the Free Step system, as I know I've stepped Ayane's :6::P: with hayabusa at round start. I imagine it's the same or similar to 3.1 as Team NINJA stated as such a few months back.

Right. Maybe there could be some advanced stepping in this game. Just wish I had someone to test these things out with.

Raansu

-This is something that I do not like as well. It seem to only work well if you evade the last hit of a string. The evade is slow, covers little ground, only evade the 1st attack in the string while the rest track(most of the time). I also dont like that you cannot H-cancel(free cancel sounds way better) the follow up so that you can use another attack of choice. The canned followup do not allow you to take full advantage of the evade. I do not like the fact that you get both high counter strike/throw during the stratup frames of the evade, and counter strike/throw during the recovery. Too much punishment for little to no reward. It was actually easier to evade in Doa4 using :8::8::P:(:K:)/:2::2::P:(:K:), and it was faster. They need to get rid of this whole :8::H+P+K:/:2::H+P+K:, and just use :8::8:/:2::2: to evade.

It needs some tinkering but once you get used to the timing it works great, better than do4's side step attacks. I've been mostly using it to cancel power blows to bait my friends to attack/hold though.

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Lol, I cant cancel power blows for some reason. Must it be done using macros? Im using the old arcade setup :h: :P: :K:. I would like to state that Slowescaping is not easier to do in Doa5, its just the fact that they removed like 35 of the 45 stuns from Doa4(thanks for listening Team Ninja), and most of them are medium to light stuns.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Hold :H+P+K:, then while still holding them, press either :8::8: or :2::2:

(Is it :8::8:? or is it just :8:?)

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
I would like to state that Slowescaping is not easier to do in Doa5, its just the fact that they removed like 35 of the 45 stuns from Doa4(thanks for listening Team Ninja), and most of them are medium to light stuns.

This is great news.

Almost everything about this demo's been good.

MASTER

Standard Donor
Hayabusa has guaranteed follow up after his frame advantage move now on hit. QCB Punch and you can do anything under 23 frames it seems. That usually means the hayabusa player can follow up with ninpo for free and the height is higher because of the crouching state. If the QCB is block is +2

MASTER
:hayabusa:

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Hayabusa has guaranteed follow up after his frame advantage move now on hit. QCB Punch and you can do anything under 23 frames it seems. That usually means the hayabusa player can follow up with ninpo for free and the height is higher because of the crouching state. If the QCB is block is +2

Could you provide moves and notations?

MASTER

Standard Donor
Could you provide moves and notations?
sure.

the move that guarantees follow up is :214::P: The stun leaves you at +35 if not slowescaped. If the move is blocked its +2.

Once you are succesful with the stun you can do a move like :3: :3: :P: or :3::P+K: and not have to worry about the hold. If they SE im assuming it can be held but that would be a guess at the point because you would have to SE then make sure you are holding the right direction and not get an advance hold.

Was that a little clearer? Still testing more things

MASTER

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
And they can't hold from the 35 frame stun?

Holy shit +35 is a lot lol.

It is interesting, because typically if you're putting someone into critical state its +0 hit advantage. From my testing of the system in previous titles, increasing that even to +20 didn't stop someone from holding.

MASTER

Standard Donor
No you can hold earlier than the 35th frame but you have to wait at least 23 frames because on the 23rd frame you can actually hold. In other words hayabusa is at least +23 until you can do an actual hold and 35 frames to be able to block. I hope i cleared it up a little >.<

MASTER

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
So being +23 makes him third on your "tier list?"

More Hayabusa WTF-ness: he has holds in his ninpo stance that teleport him.

Gill Hustle

These are the changes that I have found so far with Hitomi.

Also she seems to no longer have her wall run attack which I am very thankful for. Never evaded anything and it shared the same input as :7::P:... was really annoying when I would get the wall run instead of just her standard :7::P:.

She does it's :7::P+K: and just the punch version to my knowledge.

:ayane: didn't seem to gain a wall move :(

Jefffcore

His parry from Ninpo. Pressing :h: in Ninpo parries all high and mid attacks. He teleports behind the opponent, but I don't think he gets anything out of it. It works well after :4::K: if blocked.

His :4::P::K: gives him +9 on block. Other than that I noticed a lot of his attacks that were safe in 4 aren't now; :8::P: is -11, his handstand has more recovery, :8::K: is like 18i now. I didn't play enough to get everything, but that might have something to do with why he said he's "3rd". I played AngryWorm and Hitomi definitely plays easier, I don't want to say she's better because Busa was hard to get used to. In 4 I'd use :4::K: shut her down, but it doesn't work quite as well and goes into Ninpo right away(which I didn't really like). Ninpo takes I think 14 or 18i so if it hits you don't get much of an advantage. Her PowerBlow: if blocked gave her unblockable attacks, Busa's didn't.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD