Dead or Alive 5 Alpha Demo System and Character Discussions

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Sit at the title screen and you can see the other two. Sibuya is the city level and it's based on a real place: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sibuya

800px-Shibuya_Night_%28HDR%29.jpg

x Sypher x

Oh wow that's pretty cool. I had forgotten about that little scene in the Pre-Alpha Demo. I can't wait to see how it looks.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Oh wow that's pretty cool. I had forgotten about that little scene in the Pre-Alpha Demo. I can't wait to see how it looks.

It actually shows the same scene when you go into the first match of the demo.

Also of note, the difficulty of the AI rises after each match until you completely exit the demo and reboot it.

Raansu

The punch follow up after Hitomi's parry seems to still be considered in the hold state as the AI has thrown me mid punch several times now. I'd assume its the same with the kick variant.

DrDogg

What are the execution frames on the normal hit launchers? I'm seeing a lot of attacks that are -12 to -18 or so, which means you can get attack punishment instead of throw punishment, but that won't be much use unless you can land a normal hit launcher.

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
I like how when you escape Hayate's :H+P: against the wall, the defender does a position switch, putting your back against the wall. Also, SE is not harder, it is actually beefed up. After the 2nd or so hit you can struggle out of the stun completely. I would also like to add that you can no longer instant hold out of the stun, There were many occasion I could not hold until a few frames have passed.

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
When stepping, if you are hit in the initial frames, it is a High counter Strike/throw. When hit during the recovery frames it is Counter strike/throw. This also applies to hayates :8::P::+::K:/:2::P::+::K:

HokutoNoBen

I really like being able to cancel the power blow. Makes for a really good baiting tool for the holds. Personally I don't see power blows being too significant in a fight outside of whiff punishment, but the canceling of it is going to be used a lot I think.

Well, one of the articles I remember reading from the press event a few months ago said that PBs were much more akin to Focus Attacks from SF4. And it appears that they were right. Of course...I still can't download from PSN, yet! D8<

Gill Hustle

Ayane changes I've noticed have been posted, however she looks like she doesn't have her "Hooligan" Air throw anymore . . .

Her new BT transitions are really nice though.

Gill Hustle

:P::P::P::4: is -7

both BT :P::P::6::K::K::4: and :6::6::K::K::4: (DOA4 strings) are -54 to BT

Oh SNAP! BT :P::P::P::P: (New string with her old charge "hadouken") is +5! Not chargeable though but Guard Breaks

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Y'know, there's a sever lack of stagger moves in DOA, like VF Jeff's stagger move. If Bass had something similar, it would've really changed his game.

ScattereDreams

I'm hoping BASS gets his 3.1 throw launcher back and shit people can really work with. There were some people who played Bass in DOA4.1 or atleast tried lol.. Honestly I felt sorry for the guy in DOA4.

Now Hitomi being able to follow up after her parry looks it bit frightening..

Raansu

I'm hoping BASS gets his 3.1 throw launcher back and shit people can really work with. There were some people who played Bass in DOA4.1 or atleast tried lol.. Honestly I felt sorry for the guy in DOA4.

Now Hitomi being able to follow up after her parry looks it bit frightening..

It's not that bad. It's still considered a hold state so you can throw through both the punch and the kick. The AI did it to me multiple times.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD