"This ends now. By my hand!" Kasumi's DOA5LR Discussion Thread

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
I would rather take my damage & only use 4H+K for force tech if I make a read, catching them on the ground. I don't think that it's worth it.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
I like the ninjas' costumes, Pai's & Momiji's swimsuits (but even then, they need to tone it down no really just need to stop all of that for now & just make actual fighting gear.)

PMS_Akali

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Premium Donor
Helena's new hairstyle is so good. Love that Kasumi is getting another ninja outfit, though.

Chapstick

doa5rl_005_cs1w1_720x.jpg

I am in love with this outfit

edit- gif I made

tumblr_ng2uv3rna11rje51ao1_500.gif

Last edited:

Chapstick

Not a huge gripe but why is 9P against a wall holdable when her teleport attack that's the exact same thing isn't?

Nuke-Nin

I wish her vanilla 66KK would come back, the one in 5U should leave them in a bound state (probably only in CH or already in stun) I miss the flashiness of it and the CB combo people never used online (4H+K 66KK) it would be heaven to have back

-end rant-

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
66K~K bounds in any stun level. The follow up options after the bounds are actually nicer than a lot of Kasumi's give it credit for. Even has a force teching option. It's actually safer than it was on block. It's -3 now, but was -5 in vanilla. It bounces (launch) on maximum stun level. 4H+K into 66K~K with 66K being guaranteed still works actually, but the 2nd hit can be held as it could in vanilla. What I do miss about it is abusing the guaranteed CB & 3H+K. The move is still good, but the way that it's used by most people & how the want to use it is why it doesn't seem that way. 66K~K itself is a key combo figure for her in 5U. It has the best damaging combo sequences for 236T & well-worth using for wall carries on any follow up. 66K~K 7K 6P+K KK has replaced the BnB combo 6K PPKK & then 66K~K 66K~K (again) PP6PK/PP6P6K will work on any weight, getting her 88 on CH. So while vanilla's version of it was good arguably better, 5U's is good too.

Last edited:

PMS_Akali

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Premium Donor
The only thing I hate about her 66K-K is that it sometimes comes out as 66KK when I don't want it to online. I don't know what the frames are, but I've gotten 66KK after a decent pause a few times.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
The only thing I hate about her 66K-K is that it sometimes comes out as 66KK when I don't want it to online. I don't know what the frames are, but I've gotten 66KK after a decent pause a few times.
66KK sit down is 12 frames; +11 on hit (+20 if they don't slow escape, but this is assuming that they will). Doesn't really give her anything as a sit-down stun to keep your offense going through the stun system, but can be used to wall slam or end a juggle with. If they would give it a little more advantage on hit, then I would love putting it to use. It's used as a whiff punisher that just give you an advantageous situation to keep her pressure. Sometimes, I get it when I don't want it too, but play it anyways hoping that they don't slow escape it or fish for throw but mainly the 7i's since they would block.

Last edited:

PMS_Akali

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Premium Donor
66KK sit down is 12 frames; +11 on hit (+20 if they don't slow escape, but this is assuming that they will). Doesn't really give her anything as sit-down stun, but can be used to wall slam or end a juggle with. If they would give it a little more advantage on hit, then I would love putting it to use. Sometimes, I get it when I don't want it too, but play it anyways hoping that they don't slow escape it or fish for throw but mainly the 7i's since they would block.
Damn, I thought 3H+K was guaranteed after 66KK. I mean, I guess it is if they don't slow escape it. I usually just use that or 4PK. I assume I'm screwed after I make the 66KK mistake anyway so might as well go for the earliest juggle to minimize counter opportunities.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Damn, I thought 3H+K was guaranteed after 66KK. I mean, I guess it is if they don't slow escape it. I usually just use that or 4PK. I assume I'm screwed after I make the 66KK mistake anyway so might as well go for the earliest juggle to minimize counter opportunities.
Yeah slow escaping neutralizes it. +20 is a whole different animal opposed to a slow escaped move. That's why I try to stress to players when they ask me for some sort of advice when going into her offense to make sure that her chain of stuns are deep. Some put an offensive 3PP on the screen in a max stun situation but wonder why their 33K or moves like 236P & 3H+K get stuffed. Which 33K isn't getting throw punished. It's because 3PP is a +16 stun on SE. It's not that the opponent is doing anything wrong, it means they slow escaped your set up in time to react to you. You just have to know your advantages in that situation regardless of it being guaranteed or not because it makes it even tougher on your opponent to defend. 6P6K, 4PK, 8K, 3P, 6K, P+K etc. Anything within +15. Those are all viable with 3PP. This is just an example of how your offense can be lost if you don't know what you're doing.

Last edited:

PMS_Akali

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Premium Donor
Yeah slow escaping neutralizes it. +20 is a whole different animal opposed to a slow escaped move. That's why I try to stress to players when they ask me for some sort of advice when going into her offense to make sure that her chain of stuns are deep. Some put an offensive 3PP on the screen in a max stun situation but wonder why their 33K or moves like 236P & 3H+K get stuffed. Which 33K isn't getting throw punished. It's because 3PP is a +16 stun on SE. It's not that the opponent is doing anything wrong, it means they slow escaped your set up in time to react to you. You just have to know your advantages in that situation regardless of it being guaranteed or not because it makes it even tougher on your opponent to defend. 6P6K, 4PK, 8K, 3P, 6K, P+K etc. Anything within +15. Those are all viable with 3PP. This is just an example of how your offense can be lost if you don't know what you're doing.
I have a terrible habit of using moves with a lot of frames after shallow stuns. Probably why I'm so comfortable with BnB combos since they're generally safe. I'm very boring with Kasumi sometimes lol.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
I have a terrible habit of using moves with a lot of frames after shallow stuns. Probably why I'm so comfortable with BnB combos since they're generally safe. I'm very boring with Kasumi sometimes lol.
Sorry for the late response. Yeah lots of us (Kasumi players) do as a whole. Going back to 66KK for a sec, my conclusion of it is that it's a whiff punisher used on reaction to give you an advantageous situation. You have 7i throws & P variants like I mentioned above. Such as P, PP, & P6P. Then of course they can opt to guess. If you end up getting 66KK instead of 66K~K, then play out the situation as you would once you whiff punish with it.

Soaring Zero

Sorry for the late response. Yeah lots of us (Kasumi players) do as a whole. Going back to 66KK for a sec, my conclusion of it is that it's a whiff punisher used on reaction to give you an advantageous situation. You have 7i throws & P variants like I mentioned above. Such as P, PP, & P6P. Then of course they can opt to guess. If you end up getting 66KK instead of 66K~K, then play out the situation as you would once you whiff punish with it.

I use 66KK as a whiff punisher myself. 66K~K is very useful albeit risky. I tend to use it sparingly since I find that people catch the second kick if I overuse it.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD