"This ends now. By my hand!" Kasumi's DOA5LR Discussion Thread

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Also, a lot of people don't know it, but if NyoTengu runs or I should say fly in on you, going for the grab, you get a full combo like PKK7K 6P+K KK. If you see her flying at you, just combo. If she charges up to knock you back, besides holding it, use hoshinpo P & sit her down.

Still no word or no info on her changes in LR. Just the ninja costume & her 66PP change.

Chapstick

The ninja costume was a big buff tbh.

I love shocking Nyotengu players that repeatedly use her wind attack with 3P+KP, it's hilarious.

tumblr_nevz67MzlP1rje51ao1_400.gif

(I don't have any replays of Kasumi doing this just Phase)

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Kasumi's will break her up from that even more since she gets a guaranteed follow up.

Chapstick

Anyone have a good use for 3KK? It's a tracking high that wall splats, could possibly use for someone that doesn't respect 3K having a followup.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
3K is a good tool in space with 4H+K. They both create space. It can be used in open space since the push back on block keeps her out of punishment range. Near the wall, she can be punished for it. 3KK is good for the wall with the same follow ups as other options for wall slamming as a mid kick like 9K, 4H+K, 6P6K, 66K~K, PP6P6K, PP6KK, & 6KK. That's just me though.

Last edited:

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Anyone have a good use for 3KK? It's a tracking high that wall splats, could possibly use for someone that doesn't respect 3K having a followup.

3KK is great for wall splats. It's my Mid K wall splat of choice when I have my opponent's back to a wall. The range is decent on 3KK too. A lot of people don't really take notice of 3K's follow-up so it is indeed useful against people that don't respect it. I haven't found a use for 3KK in open space however besides knocking off that last sliver of health from an opponent.

Allan Paris

After the wall splat do 33p>2p>Pkkk(it's 3 more damage) and it's ends directly at 300
You managed to get that last kick to connect? Whenever I try it the opponent's too low and it whiffs
@Chapstick, the last kick will hit on all light weights. So you will get 300 and probably more on them for that juggle on that stage. Mid to Heavy weights you will have to go a different route to get 300 points of damage. If I sat down with it can come up for something for Mids but a Heavy weight will be a problem. I started to do it when you posted the video but I got side tracked with something else.

Chapstick

I swear I must be doing something wrong, it refuses to connect for me. I managed to get 300 another way.

6H+K (dash in) PP P H+KK 33P 2P PKKK (everything else)

Edit- I managed to get 312 on lightweights.

6H+K (dash in) P6P H+KK 33P 2P PKKK (barricade) 3PP PP (CB) (PL) (run under) PKK7K~6P+K PP6P6K (tank) 33P 2P 7K~6P+K~KK

Had to change PP P to P6P or else the last K of the whole thing would drop being the 31st hit

Last edited:

Tenryuga

Hey guys; Was wondering if anyone could explain the conditions for Kasumi's 6P crushing in detail. It sounds interesting.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Hey guys; Was wondering if anyone could explain the conditions for Kasumi's 6P crushing in detail. It sounds interesting.
It crushes jabs on all characters, not just certain setups. AP told me that he found out a while back against Ryujin & others. I found out these past 2 weeks that it did. Blackburry Chaos questioned it in the Facebook group & that's when people didn't believe that it possessed crush properties, but it actually does.

Allan Paris

Well to be fair, 6P gets crushed itself pretty damn often :(.
When you poke with it outside of its range it will. There are only selective few that will legit go under it when Kasumi uses in the preferable range. Leifang, Helena, Gen Fu, Brad can too but given her speed you do not have to worry about his sweep doing it often. Other characters that can do it are doing it from range and just about anything that has crush properties will crush her 6P at that point. The same thing happens to Gen Fu, Zack, and Jann Lee.

The condition is to fuzzy guard and then immediately press 6P. When you Fuzzy Guard you duck in 1i and Kasumi's 6P makes her crouch slightly in the animation. When the 2 are combined she goes under Jabs no matter the character height. From playing around with it, I have gotten to where I can do in it during a rush-down and knockdown setups.

This is nothing new, in DOA4 I could get Kasumi's 3P to crush and it still does now. This opens her up to being Low Offensive Held, since the majority of the characters do not have Low Offensive Holds anymore, her doing this is a lot better now. Players didn't Low Offensive Hold it back then anyway lol.

To do this also takes precision. It is nothing that can be spammed. Picking up a player's jab pattern is what you guys want to do before attempting to do it.

Last edited:

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
It would stop a lot of silliness with the ground game lol. Plus, it would be to where she could loop.

I remember when I would do something like KK7K 6+K 7K P+K from 236T to force people up. I think the most simple way to do it even though it was weak damage was 236T H+K PP7K P+K. It was still good to use. She had various ways of doing it. Like 8K Was PP7K P+K, & PKK7K P+K. I'd have to pop the game in & then come back with more do that people would understand what I'm talking about since there's newer players.

They would have to give everyone a way to legitimately deal with the ground game though. Only certain characters could. This was actually a big part of her oki. Now, it's like I was saying before. You have to guess more often when it comes to the ground. You're still asking yourself is it worth the risk, but back then, it was well worth it.

Last edited:

Chapstick

I remember right when I popped in 5U I went into the lab with Kasumi in forest and I was disappointed when I saw that didn't work anymore.

Can I get some advice on when to use Kasumi's BT opponent 66PP~P+K force tech? It seems very situational. Not too close to a wall or it'll splat, not from 66T~T because it isn't guaranteed, the second P usually does too much damage and goes over the threshold on opponents you turn around with H+K in stun...

What I can think of now is after parrying a highly unsafe move or 9P+K'ing over a wake up kick.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD