"This ends now. By my hand!" Kasumi's DOA5LR Discussion Thread

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
66K~K is better than 66KK as a variation in terms of safety. Nothing is really risky about 66K~K. Just it can be sidestepped (which isn't going to happen a lot of the time). 66K~K is safe at -3 on block while 66KK is -17 on block. The worst case scenario for 66K~K is that they hold it. 66KK you're taking an even bigger risk of being punished with stuff like an Izuna drop, Kasumi's very own 236T, Hayate's launch throw & so forth. It's giving you +11 frame advantage, but you will have to play with P variations & the fast throws (5i & 7i's). You can however get 46T to loop if they decide to stand & block. Other than that, in order for more options to be viable, you have force a hold.

ALSO, with the topic at hand with her vs Ayane, if you delay 66K~K a slight bit, (around 28 to 29 frames), then she can get behind you & punish you. So make sure that your timing on it is properly done.

Soaring Zero

Yeah I almost never use 66KK except for on extremely obvious whiffs or when I mess up the timing for 66K~K which happens sometimes online.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Sooooooo.... We're still going to be fighting at 300 HP. Shackle News checked how much jabs that it takes to end the round. It took 30.... Man....

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
After evaluating DOA5U's damage output, 300 HP is actually better than 270 HP. Lower health allows luck to play a larger factor in determining victories. Kasumi does fine on 300 HP.

XxSakuraLuvaxX

Not sure if this is 100% true, but Kasumi's input from 7K to hoshinpo has changed from 7K 6P+K to just 7K (6)
It was shown in the latest stream that's on the front page atm, when they put the move lists onscreen

Chapstick

I just noticed Alpha's 3H+K techs opponents up. Kasumi doesn't need it but that would be great to have.
Not sure if this is 100% true, but Kasumi's input from 7K to hoshinpo has changed from 7K 6P+K to just 7K (6)
It was shown in the latest stream that's on the front page atm, when they put the move lists onscreen
I don't know how to feel about this. I'd probably still tap P+K with it.

Allan Paris

After evaluating DOA5U's damage output, 300 HP is actually better than 270 HP. Lower health allows luck to play a larger factor in determining victories. Kasumi does fine on 300 HP.

There is nothing to evaluate. The game was balanced on 300 points of life, changing it in the game would make the entire cast strong. If the life bar would drop the game would be balanced accordingly to it. 300 points of life is a turn off for a small few because it allows careless play unless you are playing a quick or moderately fast high damaging character.

Lower health does not allow luck to play a larger factor. It forces you to pay attention because 2 bad interactions can kill you. Outside of the holds in DOA4 doing too much damage not many mistakes could be made in that game due to what would happen to you. The same thing goes for DOA3 (DOA3.1) and DOA2U. With a 300 point life-bar you can be a tab bit lenient with your decision making.

I would rather take EIiot in DOA4 with a 270 life-bar rather than have him in DOA5U/(probably) LR with a 300 point life-bar. I am not saying his damage is weak but, I have 300 points of life to play with and he is-no: Mila, Busa, Gen Fu, etc..

If anything, 300 points of life allows this game to show more of its flashy-ness than anything. LOL, nobody wants to be Izuna Dropped once and be afraid to do anything after it. Although, those were my fun days and I miss them.

I hate the current life setting if you can not tell by now.

Actually, no it doesn't. Kasumi's damage is hindered by the health bar lol.

No, her damage is not hindered. She is one of the few that functions well with it. Her throws for the most part is what allows her to do it. Since her throws tie heavily into her game-play, she is just fine with 300 points of life.

I saw this as well, I thought it was a new addition as far as allowing her to cancel the recovery frames on hit. Letting Kausmi juggle without having to dash back in to juggle and messing up potential damage because 9PK has a good wall detection. Either way is cool with me. Less buttons to hit in that quick window to juggle after landing her teleporting attacks.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
TBH, it feels long to me on 300. It is what it is though. It would be good if her input from the teleport was in fact changed. I know her 66PP was changed to where she's right in your face now rather than them be put into a turnaround stun after she teleports.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
There is nothing to evaluate. The game was balanced on 300 points of life, changing it in the game would make the entire cast strong. If the life bar would drop the game would be balanced accordingly to it. 300 points of life is a turn off for a small few because it allows careless play unless you are playing a quick or moderately fast high damaging character.

Lower health does not allow luck to play a larger factor. It forces you to pay attention because 2 bad interactions can kill you. Outside of the holds in DOA4 doing too much damage not many mistakes could be made in that game due to what would happen to you. The same thing goes for DOA3 (DOA3.1) and DOA2U. With a 300 point life-bar you can be a tab bit lenient with your decision making.

I would rather take EIiot in DOA4 with a 270 life-bar rather than have him in DOA5U/(probably) LR with a 300 point life-bar. I am not saying his damage is weak but, I have 300 points of life to play with and he is-no: Mila, Busa, Gen Fu, etc..

If anything, 300 points of life allows this game to show more of its flashy-ness than anything. LOL, nobody wants to be Izuna Dropped once and be afraid to do anything after it. Although, those were my fun days and I miss them.

I hate the current life setting if you can not tell by now.

No, her damage is not hindered. She is one of the few that functions well with it. Her throws for the most part is what allows her to do it. Since her throws tie heavily into her game-play, she is just fine with 300 points of life.

I saw this as well, I thought it was a new addition as far as allowing her to cancel the recovery frames on hit. Letting Kausmi juggle without having to dash back in to juggle and messing up potential damage because 9PK has a good wall detection. Either way is cool with me. Less buttons to hit in that quick window to juggle after landing her teleporting attacks.

Heheh, I actually used to play on 240 HP and actually played in a tournament under those conditions, and it was quite exhilirating, though there was something unsatisfying about it. Every little thing felt like it did too much damage and you could get away with just doing cheesy simple combos. A problem I also have is that the movement at the start of rounds also undermines the neutral spacing game at R1F. I'll admit I hate higher health online because WUK's become extra irritating, though 300 HP offline isn't too bad. It encourages more complex combos and tech. I may go back to 270 HP in the future, because it definitely helped out characters like Eliot, but overall I found that it was much easier for newer players to win on.

As for Kasumi's teleports, I also agree that less buttons is usually a good thing! Dunno if it'll remain an On-hit JF or if you can just hold down 6 while pressing 7K.

PMS_Akali

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Premium Donor
TBH, it feels long to me on 300. It is what it is though. It would be good if her input from the teleport was in fact changed. I know her 66PP was changed to where she's right in your face now rather than them be put into a turnaround stun after she teleports.
Ohhh, I hope she keeps this then.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
I don't see what you're talking about. I looked at the video. PPP, 3P both always launched like that on maximum stun. I didn't see a relaunch. PPP could always be delayed like that & followed up on NH to launch on extended stun if that's what you're referring to.

Chapstick

Try doing that juggle in 5U. The relaunch is on PPK PPP PPP PPPPP. It pops them up high enough for the final elbow to hit.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Oh. You're talking about when the screen goes black when she dropped the juggle lol. It does seem that way from that angle, but I doubt it. I think she just dropped the juggle. If that were to actually be in the game then PP7K, PKK6K, KK6K enders are in the equation. It would depend on the damage output too.

Last edited:

Chapstick

Oh. You're talking about when the screen goes black when she dropped the juggle lol. It does seem that way from that angle, but I doubt it. I think she just dropped the juggle. If that were to actually be in the game then PP7K, PKK6K, KK6K enders are in the equation. It would depend on the damage output too.
No, at 4:24.

I checked the damage output by launching with 33K against a wall. 33K PPPPP did 60dmg and 33K PKKK did 59dmg so not a huge difference. Doesn't even land on Alpha in 5U.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD