The Art Style and Graphics Discussion

Tyaren

Standard Donor
It's interesting DontNod went with such a design overhaul with Life is Strange and their new game Vampyr

Any image or video material?

@Argentus, great art and design can really elevate a game's looks. O: Never played this game but it does look amazing. I'd believe you if you told me this was a PS4 game.

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
I'd believe you if you told me this was a PS4 game.
Its direct x9 on PC so its not even that punishing to run. Easily one of the best looking 7th gen games. You can tell they were influenced by the fifth element movie.

Argentus

Any image or video material?

@Argentus, great art and design can really elevate a game's looks. O: Never played this game but it does look amazing. I'd believe you if you told me this was a PS4 game.
Its actually just for ps3 and 360 (and PC)

I think the actual polys are low, its all lighting, camera angles and texture work.

Kind of like the first Dead Rising (as opposed to the second which is really ugly due to a general drop in texture resolution ), and WoW.

You should play it though its amazing. Actual combat is standard Arkham fare so that part can get tedious but overall its fun.

Its direct x9 on PC so its not even that punishing to run. Easily one of the best looking 7th gen games. You can tell they were influenced by the fifth element movie.

Kindasorta.

Its been explicitly compared to "Total Recall meets Mirror's Edge."

Its just such a shame that it went completely under the radar because cap com forgot to actually PROMOTE it.

Also street fighter moves are dlc so she can add Guiles Flash Kick, Chun Lis Spinning Bird Kick and Ryus Shoryuken into her combos lol

Chapstick

Even more dragon age, the most beautiful part of the game imo. It's 25 pics so I'm clearly not gonna post them all but they're here-

http://imgur.com/a/ZLqy3

axOK6In.png

fgGtE7x.png

eL7VAYw.png

EXTREMELY densely packed with vegetation and details.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Ugh...!! D:

CZETxqSUQAEY2so.jpg:orig

Right now the shadowing of the PS4 version of Street Fighter V looks really, really rough. I do hope they fix that for the final release as this is imho unbearable! :/

KasumiLover

SovereignKnight_
Premium Donor
Ugh...!! D:

CZETxqSUQAEY2so.jpg:orig

Right now the shadowing of the PS4 version of Street Fighter V looks really, really rough. I do hope they fix that for the final release as this is imho unbearable! :/
I see it too, it's kind if jarring to look at:confused:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Why on earth would someone like you even have preordered this? its been kinda ugly this entire time.
What do you mean by "someone like you"?!

tumblr_n1exb5jC7a1tq4of6o1_500.gif

Anyway...;)
I think its style looked really cool in the first videos and images...even though more and more visual downgrades followed over the months. (I wonder why no one ever addressed this, when gamers recently have become so personally offended by sudden graphical downgrades? Watch Dogs and The Witcher 3 anyone?) Also, I do actually play video games and not just look at them. ;) I especially love playing fighters, even though I don't play them competitively but more casually.

Last edited:

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
What do you mean by "someone like you"?!

tumblr_n1exb5jC7a1tq4of6o1_500.gif

Anyway...;)
I think its style looked really cool in the first videos and images...even though more and more visual downgrades followed over the months. (I wonder why no one ever addressed this, when gamers recently have become so personally offended by sudden graphical downgrades? Watch Dogs and The Witcher 3 anyone?) Also, I do actually play video games and not just look at them. ;) I especially love playing fighters, even though I don't play them competitively but more casually.

Becuase it never really looked good in the first place so not many people have noticed it getting worse. id much rather have some clear Arksys sprites than these play dough models.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Becuase it never really looked good in the first place...

Oh, yes, it did!

street_fighter_5_2.jpg

street_fighter_5_3.jpg

street_fighter_5_4.jpg

street_fighter_5_5.jpg

But from then on everything went south, with every new character or trailer or screenshots. And they had the audacity to seriously state this:

"Street Fighter 5 PS4/PC Graphics Will Only Get Better, Producer Says
The version of the fighting game shown so far is in the early stages of development, Yoshinori Ono says."

koeqla.jpg

Tyaren

Standard Donor
So, what do you think about the designs of the freshly leaked Street Fighter V alts?

Rashid:

EjpjlJD.jpg

Birdie:

QYdA1hB.jpg

Karin:
gCcm4E3.jpg

Cammy and Zangief:

FkvDH4z.jpg

07j4BPP.jpg

R. Mika:

wjkK0zA.jpg

lb6VVg9.jpg

Laura:

6kIwEZW.jpg

Imho they rank from uninspired and silly to...just alright. Rashid's is alright (Arab rapper with the bling). Cammy would be too if it weren't again for her lack of pants. Does the girl own any?
I wonder who designs their costumes...? :/

KasumiLover

SovereignKnight_
Premium Donor
So, what do you think about the designs of the freshly leaked Street Fighter V alts?

Rashid:

EjpjlJD.jpg

Birdie:

QYdA1hB.jpg

Karin:
gCcm4E3.jpg

Cammy and Zangief:

FkvDH4z.jpg

07j4BPP.jpg

R. Mika:

wjkK0zA.jpg

lb6VVg9.jpg

Laura:

6kIwEZW.jpg

Imho they rank from uninspired and silly to...just alright. Rashid's is alright (Arab rapper with the bling). Cammy would be too if it weren't again for her lack of pants. Does the girl own any?
I wonder who designs their costumes...? :/
I love Karin and R.mika's, and I like Laura but only for the lower half. The rest are...ok. The minimalist and basic design is rather appealing to me.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
After playing her off and on for almost 20 years I can definitively tell you, no.

Then where the hell are those cosplayers and artist pulling those blue camos from?

seriously if they would give me that I would try Cammy. she would go from an utter joke fanservice character to a sexy beast in an instant.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
From the official FFXV forum about animations in the game:

b2ddebef69331b17e2be0c24008da26e.jpg

"Hello! Toyama-san from the animation team here! I really like to get into character when I work on FFXV and today, I would like to show you briefly how we create animations for Prompto."

1251ad115db0fe259cec5a97b5c6992e.jpg

Step 1
"Starting off with animation! Using motion capture, we film our own movements. We normally put on special mo-cap suits but I felt like using the combat suit today (which is extremely heavy…)"

99e45eacfae0dc10ad890ca20edabc2d.jpg

Step 2
"Next step is editing where we “polish” the recorded data (“polish” = to tweak and elaborate, it’s a process of perfecting the animations). This is when we adjust the poses and movements, adding finger animations, etc. – we are very detail oriented!"

ff72c709b680f9d673373c4861d3c8c2.jpg

Step 3
"Finally we implement the animations in the game. We check how the character movements flow in-game together with the clothes which are controlled via cloth simulator. Aside from animations, we also need to check a variety of things such as SFX and VFX."

19e66edb4d36d07688bafd509a6e791f.jpg

"So, that is how we create animations (see previous posts). Who thought animators need to be in shape and athletic? Well, athletic or not, we will continue to do our best! I've got to get back to work but I hope to see you again!" - Toyama-san (FFXV Animator)

giphy.gif

Jadeinchains

I love seeing how the computer captures peoples movements and then seeing them in the game. It must be a lot of work to have to do stuff like this with every tiny little animation that must be in this game.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD