News Team NINJA Costume Contest

Tyaren

Standard Donor
That's hardly wishful thinking it a likely outcome

I don't know, some of the first places, might not be of Team Ninja's tastes, or it might not fit the character (in TN's point of view) or it might not be the costume, they'd earn the most with (in their point of view). I guess, we'll see a mix of actual 1st place designs being chosen but then also some of Team Ninja's favorites, that didn't make one of the top positions.

Klts3

Surprisingly people on Twitter like this Kasumi costume more than the Kimono one, I would even tell a lot more... interesting.
BnRpEFyCMAA0m1P.jpg large.jpg

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Surprisingly people on Twitter like this Kasumi costume more than the Kimono one, I would even tell a lot more... interesting.
View attachment 5598

Not really surprising. People are getting supersaturated by Blue Kimono Kasumi. It's been uploaded SO OFTEN and talked about often enough too. Now, people have the chance to focus on an also very cool design, that many might not even have seen so far.

Rawbietussin

I'm getting somewhat slightly confused..... Are all these top design entries for each character being showcased at Twitter getting made into a costume?

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
I don't know, some of the first places, might not be of Team Ninja's tastes, or it might not fit the character (in TN's point of view) or it might not be the costume, they'd earn the most with (in their point of view). I guess, we'll see a mix of actual 1st place designs being chosen but then also some of Team Ninja's favorites, that didn't make one of the top positions.

You don't sell what you want, you sell what your costumer wants. remember Joe Dirt?

Tyaren

Standard Donor
But it's a better indicator than what YOU want which takes into account no opinion but your own

Of course not! Team Ninja will take their own or the opinion of their marketing experts into consideration.

You know, I sometimes get the feeling, you consider your fellow forumers here as a little simple-minded. We might not be. That's the reason, you often come across as so rude and aggressive.

Last edited:

Kronin

Coincidence how the Kasumi entry is both a Top 10 entry and Hayashi's favorite.

Then again, I shouldn't be surprised simply because it is Kasumi.

Well Kasumi is the postergirl of the series: exactly like she is very popular between the fans, I don't find surprise in knowing that she could be popular also for the creators of the series :p

Is there anyway to find out why they refused to let me enter the competition? I tried talking to them on twitter multiple times during the entry and voting period but all they ever do is favourite my tweets and then don't reply. It's a bit frustrating when they happily reply to people trolling them or submitting crude sketches that probably took 30 seconds to make but they won't even reply when I try and submit a 3d render that took a bit of effort.

If they favourited your entry this mean that there was no reason to refuse your partecipation to the contest. It's very likely that they ended only to forgot your entry, exactly like happened for other people (included @Rawbietussin).

...But I don't want Dictator Ein. -_-

LOL, never passed on my mind that it was the outfit of a dictator XD

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way people I think that you are misunderstanding the twitter messages of TN: some Japanese people asked them to post the most voted outfits from the fans for each character even on twitter (maybe for who hasn't a FB account?): TN accepted the request, deciding to include for each character the first most voted outfit that wasn't able to be part of the 15 winners.

So in the case of a character that wasn't part of the top 10, TN included only the outfit in first place for him (for example JKT's Gen Fu); in the case of a character with already the most voted outfit in the list (for example Kasumi) TN included the first voted one + the second one that wasn't able to be part of the 15 winners; in the case of a character with already the first and second design part of the top ten (as Rig), TN needed to include even the design at the third place.

It's not a case that TN didn't post again @Rawbietussin's Christie on twitter, just because after Christie's Virtual Suit, his fashion Christie wasn't at the second place (and so TN needed to pick only the second most voted outfit for Christie).

It's a little confusing trying to explain this with words, so I hope to have been clear.

Rawbietussin

LOL My Christie's mere 13 votes is so far away from being the 2nd highest Christie outfit after the Christie entry with 405 votes. It's understandable. xD

I somehow feel slightly intimidated though...

Last edited:

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
You know, I sometimes get the feeling, you consider your fellow forumers here as a little simple-minded.

Well there's that and the fact no one seems to have a spine and is unable to handle a disagreement without getting pissy. Why you're even bringing that up I have no clue I wasn't insulting your intelligence I was emphasizing my opinion, but god forbid I do that right?

JKT

Yay TN tweeted my Gen Fu entry ^_^! I like that TN is posting the top design for each character so everyone can see the most voted.

TN - Please make these entries along with your personal favourites DLC...

tumblr_m7k4xxwxn11rwcc6bo1_500.gif

Argentus

Also, as I understood it, Argentus didn't want another vote, which designs are our favorites overall, but he wanted a vote of what designs fit the characters best, leaving quality of the drawing and design completely aside (if I remember correctly). That's the reason, why I didn't promise my participation. At first I was like: "Hell, yeah! Let's do a FSD vote! :D" But when I realized, the quality of the design shouldn't matter for some reason, I was like: "Huh? Wait, that's a weird kind of vote..."
yes, that's how I wanted it. it was because the poll was intended to decide which outfit of the submissions the characters would wear as unofficial main costumes for a while.
If this is the list of definitive DLCs, that would be so satisfying (minus Blue Hair Mila and Red Rose Marie-Rose).
...minus? I saw the red Marie rose on Twitter, but blue Mila was already minused from anywhere on there, far as I can see.

KwonJigglypuff

yes, that's how I wanted it. it was because the poll was intended to decide which outfit of the submissions the characters would wear as unofficial main costumes for a while.
...minus? I saw the red Marie rose on Twitter, but blue Mila was already minused from anywhere on there, far as I can see.

No, I was saying I wish this was the list of DLCs (because most of my favourite costumes are in), and Koda's costume and Blue Hair Mila would have looked nice on that list too (and Steward Bayman to an extent).

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD