News Team NINJA Costume Contest

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
here all the fan art made for the contest :)
10262137_739259249452451_8313038785640870594_n.jpg
1274086625_licking-lips.gif

Adamleelight

See that's what confuses me, didn't TN say that wasn't allowed, that it couldn't be things that are used in real life and cant be part of something that already exists. Thats what I dont really get. Not saying it shouldnt be allowed cuz my design was actually the same thing I pretty much photoshoped the same way onto koko but when I went to submit it, TN said they dont allow that kind of entry so I asked a favour from my friend to draw a concept up for me lol.

Im not saying it isnt fair I don't really care, but I think alot more design would have been submitted if that was the case unless I missed a tweet where TN said it was allowed so I dunno.

Overall I prefer the design I concept to my friend cuz its more orginal but this is what I first did with the photoshop

It started out like
DOA5Ucostume.jpg

Dead or alive contest costume.jpg

And turned into that. Kept some of the inspiration of the first like colours and stuffs.

but yeah did TN actually take back what they said cuz im confused

Brute

Standard Donor
This one though...I mean damn...best female outfit for sure. ;)
I'm not trying to be rude and I really mean no disrespect to the author, but I just really don't get the appeal of this costume. I fine it overwhelmingly boring and forgettable. It surprises me it's been so successful.

Again, not trying to be mean. Just my honest opinion. Do not get it.

Argentus

Have you picked everyone's costume for your webcomic yet?
that would be a lot more outfits than what I would like in game lol. like that top Rachel outfit, I'm having her in a full armored suit before its reduced down to the left ARM and shoulder only. most of the casual outfits I would use for casual scenes, and I would use yoga and blue outfits for Mila, and Christie in scuba gear for a mission, etc. sso on and so forth.

Rawbietussin

that would be a lot more outfits than what I would like in game lol. like that top Rachel outfit, I'm having her in a full armored suit before its reduced down to the left ARM and shoulder only. most of the casual outfits I would use for casual scenes, and I would use yoga and blue outfits for Mila, and Christie in scuba gear for a mission, etc. sso on and so forth.

Oh so I guess it's not just one costume for each character then?

I doubt every character had a casual costume entry though (I don't see one from Brad, Leon, Gen Fu). Will you be including the VFs?

Argentus

Oh so I guess it's not just one costume for each character then?

I doubt every character had a casual costume entry though (I don't see one from Brad, Leon, Gen Fu). Will you be including the VFs?
not sure yet. basically just use costumes I see a use for. like I can't imagine any real...situation for Kasumi to wear that top voted outfit. wwhat the hell is it even supposed to be? I know I'm gonna incorporate my blue superstar outfit for Mila as Tinas suggestion to come up with more showy persona now that she's a full blown celebrity being associated with Tina Armstrong. aalso Gen Fu had a tux and top hat. I shall add a monocle.

David Gregg

I'm not trying to be rude and I really mean no disrespect to the author, but I just really don't get the appeal of this costume. I fine it overwhelmingly boring and forgettable. It surprises me it's been so successful.

Again, not trying to be mean. Just my honest opinion. Do not get it.

Hey that's what makes opinions so great is that we all have different ones. lol And for me at least it really caught my eye when I first saw it I knew right away that it would be the winning Kasumi outfit due to a combination of good artwork, the details and colors, it fits the character, and it's skimpy. Now sure it could have shown less skin but overall it's been one of my favorites since the beginning.

David Gregg

They actually may be addressing this question (or giving hints) on Twitter as we speak although I'm not sure b/c google translate once again blows. Here's one translated response:

"It is under consideration for delivery. Let's do for first place presentation of each character."

I don't think they're actually saying they will be taking the first place design for each character just that they will look more at those as compared to others. But like I said this is translated and I could be interpreting it wrong.

But it does sound like TN wants an outfit for every character:

"Shall we do? Cheers for good work is @ TeamNINJAStudio: RT @ heero1970. It was a fun project. I would glad if you plan announced at the 1-position of each character per"

(again apologies for translation)

Last edited:

Rawbietussin

Sounds like a plan.

@Argentus: Weren't you going to set up a community poll for each character's costume entries? I think it would be very helpful right about now if TN plans to give each character a costume from the contest.

David Gregg

Sounds like a plan.

@Argentus: Weren't you going to set up a community poll for each character's costume entries? I think it would be very helpful right about now if TN plans to give each character a costume from the contest.

I'm not sure I understand the point of creating another poll. The TN contest had a larger scale of voters which was a community poll. Unfortunately, the results from a smaller community like FSD will be skewed as we favor our own member's designs. :/

And at this point TN is already evaluating entries so by the time we put all that work into creating a poll and sending it they'll most likely be finished.

But don't be discouraged b/c other than the top 10 and the staff favorites, we really have no clue which entries TN is looking more closely at so it could be anybody.

Last edited:

Rawbietussin

I'm not sure I understand the point of creating another poll. The TN contest had a larger scale of voters which was a community poll. Unfortunately, the results from a smaller community like FSD will skewed as we favor our own member's designs. :/

And at this point TN is already evaluating entries so by the time we put all that work into creating a poll and sending it they'll most likely be finished.

I guess that seemed true but I doubt that everyone likes the highest voted entries if they will be looking at them more compared to the rest.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD