Final Fantasy Thread

Radiance

Just downloaded the Japanese demo, playing now. omg I can't wait for this game to launch. I feel like I'm going to be playing it nonstop lol

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I finished it now. I would upload some screenshots I took but for some reason it doesn't let me upload them to my laptop, and Idk why >_>
Well, I didn't like the magic system at first, but now I changed my mind, since you can absorb A LOT of elemental magic near camps. Thanks to the Blizzara&Cure spell I was able to kill 2 Lvl 15 bombs and a Lvl 30 Iron Giant xD
You can also do pretty neat combinations, for example you can combine all the elements to get a 3-elemental spell called "Magic" (it looks really cool lol). Depending on the item you use you can get a double/triple cast or additional effects, such as Cure/Curse/Poison/Stop (these are the ones I was able to "discover").

EDIT :
OsnyU6lmjtVT2.gif

^ I lol'd so much at this. (Prompto ruined it, go away! xD)
FINAL_FANTASY_XV_JUDGMENT_DISC_14.png

FINAL_FANTASY_XV_JUDGMENT_DISC_36.png

FINAL_FANTASY_XV_JUDGMENT_DISC_46.png

FINAL_FANTASY_XV_JUDGMENT_DISC_65.png

FINAL_FANTASY_XV_JUDGMENT_DISC_68.png

FINAL_FANTASY_XV_JUDGMENT_DISC_86.png

I was able to get them but I don't like the quality, I can assure that in-game it looks better.

Awesome post and awesome pics! :D

I'll refrain from diving deeper into magic and crafting or questing. Not just because I don't understand a word but also because I want to experience it when I finally get the full game.
Isn't it crazy how much is in that demo? Your images reminded me again. They gave us all of Leide (the name of the region) with quests and dungeons and stuff. Crazy! Well, they didn't give it to us, they gave it to Japanese. >__>

Nikotsumi

Awesome post and awesome pics! :D

I'll refrain from diving deeper into magic and crafting or questing. Not just because I don't understand a word but also because I want to experience it when I finally get the full game.
Isn't it crazy how much is in that demo? Your images reminded me again. They gave us all of Leide (the name of the region) with quests and dungeons and stuff. Crazy! Well, they didn't give it to us, they gave it to Japanese. >__>
Lol thanks c:

Yeah, I explored everything that could be explored and found 3 dungeons (perhaps there's more?), though you cannot enter two of them because of "gate/door locked" xD
You can enter the other one but it's just a "short" corridor with no fights. If I remember well, it was shown in a gameplay video, it's the one where you're supposed to fight mecha-soldiers and take a picture of Insomnia.

UpSideDownGRUNT

I like to take screen caps of the stuff prompto takes, it begs the question as to why he has his camera taking action shots when in battle? xD

Monsters are trying to kill you!!
I also like that there are spots specifically for prompto to snap, like sitting next to the mascot character of the diner opposite the Motel.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I like to take screen caps of the stuff prompto takes, it begs the question as to why he has his camera taking action shots when in battle? xD

Monsters are trying to kill you!!
I also like that there are spots specifically for prompto to snap, like sitting next to the mascot character of the diner opposite the Motel.

This one? ;)

FINAL FANTASY XV JUDGMENT DISC_20161111172202.png

I've by the way seen Prompto taking out is camera and photographing in the middle of a fight. XD

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Really I was pretty sure I said? Anyway I'm not sure since I don't have a Japanese account ( and I don't know Japanese )

It is SUPER easy and quick and you don't need to know Japanese. Here's how you do it:

I followed this step by step too.

For the demo you don't really need Japanese either. Yeah, you might not understand the tutorial, but you can skip it. You'll get by in the demo by trail and error. And even if not, you can just run around, look at the sights and fight monsters. The area in the demo is huuuge. Like three times the size of Episode Duscae.

Jadeinchains

It is SUPER easy and quick and you don't need to know Japanese. Here's how you do it:

I followed this step by step too.

For the demo you don't really need Japanese either. Yeah, you might not understand the tutorial, but you can skip it. You'll get by in the demo by trail and error. And even if not, you can just run around, look at the sights and fight monsters. The area in the demo is huuuge. Like three times the size of Episode Duscae.

I might try it out but I'm not sure yet. :) Is the demo area that area that those people got early access too and were streaming? And yeah I can tell I'll be spending a lot of time exploring and leveling up. If I get it or not It's good if you've played it more now ( hopefully that puts you at ease that It might not be good! ) God I just can't wait until the full games out! X)

Tyaren

Standard Donor
How much GB is it?
It's a whopping 14,5GB. I loaded it for 5 hours. ;__;

I might try it out but I'm not sure yet. :) Is the demo area that area that those people got early access too and were streaming? And yeah I can tell I'll be spending a lot of time exploring and leveling up. If I get it or not It's good if you've played it more now ( hopefully that puts you at ease that It might not be good! ) God I just can't wait until the full games out! X)

You opened an Asian account for DOAX3, didn't you? XD
Yes, it is that desert region.
If you can't wait, give it a try. ;)

Jadeinchains

It's a whopping 14,5GB. I loaded it for 5 hours. ;__;

You opened an Asian account for DOAX3, didn't you? XD
Yes, it is that desert region.
If you can't wait, give it a try. ;)

Lol I suppose I did! XD And yeah I had a feeling it was that desert area, I've seen it so much at this point! I'll definitely have to look into it. And wow lol that's a long time to wait, hopefully I wouldn't have to wait that long.

KasumiLover

SovereignKnight_
Premium Donor
I'm so glad I don't have any storage constraints with my PS4 Pro for some time now. The initial 500GB in my PS4 weren't nearly enough. I was constantly deleting games that I really liked.
Oh it's not that, I have I think still plenty of storage to spare since I only own DOA5LR, and SKEV on console atm, and I think The last of us which was a free game with my PS4, and I still have the KOFXIV demo and pics/screens I take. I just dont have actual WiFi, I have to use my phone's 4G hotspot and I'm only given 14GB a month, downloading a GB drains it very quickly. XD I could download it, but then I wouldn't be able to play SK or DOA online until four more days, and even then I've already used 5.6 GB so far and I'm kind of doing an online DOA tourney type thing tomorrow and I need the GB for that. :-/

If I still have enough afterwards I could download a few GBs tomorrow and just resume after it refreshes but that'll take away my online play from me and my friends...

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Just watched this:

@Tyaren how has your experience been with the FFXV demo from a performance standpoint? Framerate is key for me, not resolution, so that's my main hangup at this point. I've no interest in the games that are name dropped in the video because I've already played them.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Just watched this:

@Tyaren how has your experience been with the FFXV demo from a performance standpoint? Framerate is key for me, not resolution, so that's my main hangup at this point. I've no interest in the games that are name dropped in the video because I've already played them.

I played the 1080p enhanced visuals Pro mode and I thought it ran perfectly fine. I didn't notice any considerable drop so far. However, I have heard from some people that they apparently noticed some frame pacing issues. Nothing bad, but they noticed it. I didn't. The demo runs at rock-solid 30fps on the regular PS4 by the way and in the low quality visual setting on the Pro, which is identical to the regular PS4 version.
The PS4 Pro will also have a 1080p 60fps mode in December though, so you might be interested in that.
Regarding the Pro dipping under the PS4 in perfomance in a minority(!) of games:
No wonder at all. They are brute forcing 4k out of a console that isn't really made for that and that would shine much brighter in just 1080p, but Sony of course wants to sell their 4k TVs, so they have to push 4k no matter what. Also, the developers that had to throw out their Pro patches this week, didn't have much time. Tabata of Final Fantasy XV said just two months ago that he didn't have a clue about the Pro and that they have just recently started working with it. Again, no wonder there are right now issues. I'm hopeful that will stop when developers will fully include Pro optimization from the start when developing upcoming games.

Last edited:

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I'm thinking I'll still get the Xbox One version at that point since the most recent reports from the final build is that it is also a steady 30fps, though probably a lower resolution. I think Scorpio launching will actually help the Pro out, oddly enough, since devs will be more likely to include support for higher performance modes when they aren't just targeting a smaller demographic of one platform. Time will tell. I won't still be playing FFXV by then but yeah. Dissidia could make me snag a Pro since it's unlikely to hit Xbox at all.

UpSideDownGRUNT

I'm perfectly happy with just the standard version, one of my main concerns was frame rate especially since this one centers around action gameplay. Which fortunately has been more than fixed I played the demo for like 5-6 hours straight and not a single frame dropped, unlike Duscae and Plat Demo.

All in all, I'm glad I played the demo. Now I have a taste of what the final FFXV will be, I'm nothing but excited for playing the full game in 2 weeks.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD