When do you think DOA6 will be released and what do you want to see in it

Release date predictions

• 2014-15

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • 2016+

Votes: 105 92.1%

• Total voters

KwonJigglypuff

Tina sounds bad too for me. She sounds like a fat annoying little brat from the neighbourhood.

Don't mean to be mean, but isn't that supposed to be the classic Texan accent ? It's a bit cliché but as an European, that's always how I pictured the girls coming from this area. Is her accent too exagerated ?

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Don't mean to be mean, but isn't that supposed to be the classic Texan accent ? It's a bit cliché but as an European, that's always how I pictured the girls coming from this area. Is her accent too exagerated ?

incredibly so, but texans generally dont mind an accent as long as its not being used to ridicule them. really the only people left who have that strong of an accent naturally are farmers and legit cowboys it has become very diluted otherwise.

the funny thing is she's basically a mix between a Texan and Californian. two states that fight like cats and dogs

Dark-truth

You have no idea how much I wanted to throw something everytime I hear Leifang and Hitomi's english voices...
IKR!!!!!!!!! lei lei was one of the mature women of doa now she's a jann lee stalking teenager and hitomi went from karate babe to crackhead with that fucking smile 24/7
Tina sounds bad too for me. She sounds like a fat annoying little brat from the neighbourhood.
tina sounds like shes from alabama so it does fit her
incredibly so, but texans generally dont mind an accent as long as its not being used to ridicule them. really the only people left who have that strong of an accent naturally are farmers and legit cowboys it has become very diluted otherwise.

the funny thing is she's basically a mix between a Texan and Californian. two states that fight like cats and dogs
to be honest it doesn't ridicule people from texas tina is a funny character to me i dont like her fighting style but i love her personality just like zack but zack is too annoying he pisses me off somehow

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Actually Lauren Landa's voice sounds very similar to Jennifer Hale's so I think Jennifer Hale would do a good job being the voice of Kasumi in Dead or Alive 6.
I honestly still prefer Lauren.
Just remove dub option entirely #Done #JPIsBetterAnyway
To me, all the Japanese voices sound too similar, and I like being able to understand what the characters are saying, so I prefer english. I switch it up on occasion, but if they removed the ENG voices, I'd hardly play the game after that. Kasumi's voice is the sole reason I use JPN dub to begin with honestly.

UpSideDownGRUNT

I honestly still prefer Lauren.

To me, all the Japanese voices sound too similar, and I like being able to understand what the characters are saying, so I prefer english. I switch it up on occasion, but if they removed the ENG voices, I'd hardly play the game after that. Kasumi's voice is the sole reason I use JPN dub to begin with honestly.
You obviously never played DOA1,2U, 3, or 4 then they were jp voice only. Only 2 dimensions and the 5 games had English voices.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
You obviously never played DOA1,2U, 3, or 4 then they were jp voice only. Only 2 dimensions and the 5 games had English voices.
Actually I've played every and own every DOA in the series...you may have not seen my profile posts where I mentioned that I bought them. The JPN voices are ok, but they got dull once I saw that it was hard to see any variety. I was so happy when ENG was added to Dimensions and 5, and I like the the voices. I still play them, but 45 minutes is the most I can tolerate listening to Japanese people and no English.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I'm the polar opposite, I cant stand most English voices.
I respect that, everyone has their own preferences. I like Japanese in anime, but not really in fighting games, but that's just me. I'm not trying to start anything, I know most players hear like the Japanese voices.

TLEE SAID THIS:

That's Your Opinion.
The current Kasumi voice actress is fine. She sounds consistent enough with the JP voice actress and I wouldn't want to change it any other way. Besides, Jenn's voice is too deep and mature. She does great strong, feminine protagonists, but it wouldn't sound good on a softer, baby-faced character like Kasumi. If anything, I would have had her voice Mila.

Juihau

Japanese and English voices are pretty much on the same level for me, so it's kind of a case-by-case basis. In DoA's case, the number of English voices I like is greater than the number of Japanese voices, and I prefer the English voices for every character I typically play as, so I just stick with English.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I disagrre. I like Kasumi's current voice actress but I think after Lauren Landa did all the versions of Dead or Alive 5, Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge, and if she does Kasumi's voice if Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 comes to the US I think Lauren Landa voicing Kasumi 3 times is enough. I Think Jennifer Hale would be a great voice for Kasumi and I think Jennifer is cuter than Lauren.
Cuter? I think Lauren has a little more seduction in her voice...there's something about her Kasumi voice and feisty screams that really gets me. If they added Phase 4 again, I wouldn't mind Jennifer voicing her, since it seems redundant for the clones to have a simply lower pitched voice of the original.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD