The Official SoCal DOA Thread

ModusPwnins

So are there gonna be any casuals at P-lay this weekend? Or is everybody kinda taking a breather from DOA?
Also, I'll probably be at Super arcade tonight if anybody wants to play casuals.

Argentus

here's my thing. part of my reason for wanting to attend is to represent Mila and Leon. Though I'm not sure which I should actually use lol. iI'm well aware I won't make it far at all in actual tournament though. (the other half. is to actually meet some DOA players for a change.)

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
here's my thing. part of my reason for wanting to attend is to represent Mila and Leon. Though I'm not sure which I should actually use lol. iI'm well aware I won't make it far at all in actual tournament though. (the other half. is to actually meet some DOA players for a change.)

Don't think or tell yourself that you won't win a tournament, attend a tournament with the mindset of a challenger. For actual play, you want to go to see how you'll do in tournament. To learn and grow more from the experiences you'll gain from playing other players. No one is actually an asshole to make you feel bad for losing, everyone loses at some point or another. And some players are more than willing to give tips or critique your play if you want (or if they voluntarily do so).

Every tournament I've attended only makes me stronger because I take my time to learn from every match I played, win or lose.

You also want to attend tournaments because often times, it's a great opportunity to meet other players and hangout. It's a chance to make new friends or meet players in person that you see around the forums or online, or have played online. You will have a good time whether it's a tournament local or a tournament major, I assure you.

Also, about NCR; http://www.freestepdodge.com/thread...-2014-sacramento-california.4206/#post-162643

Argentus

Don't think or tell yourself that you won't win a tournament, attend a tournament with the mindset of a challenger. For actual play, you want to go to see how you'll do in tournament. To learn and grow more from the experiences you'll gain from playing other players. No one is actually an asshole to make you feel bad for losing, everyone loses at some point or another. And some players are more than willing to give tips or critique your play if you want (or if they voluntarily do so).

Every tournament I've attended only makes me stronger because I take my time to learn from every match I played, win or lose.

You also want to attend tournaments because often times, it's a great opportunity to meet other players and hangout. It's a chance to make new friends or meet players in person that you see around the forums or online, or have played online. You will have a good time whether it's a tournament local or a tournament major, I assure you.

Also, about NCR; http://www.freestepdodge.com/thread...-2014-sacramento-california.4206/#post-162643
well. technically homeless at the moment, but I can try to make that. appreciate. supportive words either way. ssince. I'm indecisive, would you suggest I focus on representing Leon or Mila at the tournament?

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Represent the character(s) you want to represent. I cannot tell you who to play. You should play the character you feel most comfortable with and who you feel is your strongest.

Argentus

Represent the character(s) you want to represent. I cannot tell you who to play. You should play the character you feel most comfortable with and who you feel is your strongest.
lol. I'm equal with both. can you only use one character in a tournament?

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
lol. I'm equal with both. can you only use one character in a tournament?

You can use any character you want in tournaments. There is only a character lock on the winner during the set (best 2 of 3 for example), unless you lose then you can switch characters during that set.

ModusPwnins

So I stopped by Round1 tonight and talked to my Tekken buddies that work there. Nothing set in stone just yet, so don't get your hopes up, but DOA5U arcade is on the list of games they are planning to get. They say it's only a matter of time, so......keep your fingers crossed.

Tenren

wish i had the money to drive up there, would be fun. Im glad you guys are still going keep it up!

Commmanda Panda

at super arcade pretty much 5 of us that show up there isn't enough to run a tourney. there has been 1 tourney in the past 5 weeks. so all there is now is the same people show up to casuals at p-lay every weekend

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
So why hasn't anyone bothered scoping out FSD or any other forum you're in for other potential SoCal players? Are people really not looking at DOA at Super Arcade anymore? Or are you guys not paying attention?

I need answers because I'm starting to get irritated that my scene is slacking off.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD