The Hair Thread

FatalxInnocence

Possible style for MR?

View attachment 4820

This is a really nice style, it'd be awesome if any character received this! TN make it happen!

It'd be even better though if the hair wasn't dead straight and had loose curls or something. Something like this.

tumblr_lzpcx0D1fX1qglzcoo1_500.jpg

Rawbietussin

Speaking of curls, I know that only Brad and Busa are the only ones with long hair among the guys and that the rest have short hair but I think one of the guys (maybe Hayate/Ein or Eliot) could probably look good sporting this hairstyle or they could incorporate the hairstyle on a brand new male character in 6.

It just had that Cupidesque vibe that looks good on a character with a more softer facial appearance.

sexy-spirals-wild-look-for-a-man.jpg

Rawbietussin

You forgot Gen Fu.

I don't know how to consider his hair. It's like a mohawk glued with a separate braid.

Leave the curls to the girls.

View attachment 4830

(Vomits) :(

It's Plato! :eek: Lol.

Why not though? I mean Street Fighter has Hugo, Tekken has Miguel and Bob/Slim Bob and Soul Calibur has Patroklos/Patroklos Alpha. They seem to rock it. Couldn't it work?
250px-1Miguel.png

image.jpg

Last edited:

mpgeist

Standard Donor
Speaking of hair, I just noticed that, many times, hair is missing from the character shadows. Now when I watch footage I can't help but stare at it. :(

Brute

Standard Donor
Speaking of hair, I just noticed that, many times, hair is missing from the character shadows. Now when I watch footage I can't help but stare at it. :(
In Ninja Gaiden, the after-effect images that are created from Ryu's faster-than-eye moves always look like a naked Ken doll with no hair, face or clothes.

It's creepy.

Rawbietussin

I see potential for a Dural skin for Alpha-152 if that was the case.

I think Hayate also has one of those shadow effects but in blue.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
This is a really nice style, it'd be awesome if any character received this! TN make it happen!

It'd be even better though if the hair wasn't dead straight and had loose curls or something. Something like this.

tumblr_lzpcx0D1fX1qglzcoo1_500.jpg

There's a reason why all the hair is perfectly straight so far. It's the graphical limitations of 360 and PS3. We've already come a long way though (remember the mats of DOA3 and the tentacle hair in DOA4). DOA5 hair now looks the best, out of all fighters. Let's see what the graphical power of Xbone and PS4 can do. Maybe even long curly hair. :)

Last edited:

FatalxInnocence

There's a reason why all the hair is perfectly straight so far. It's the graphical limitations of 360 and PS3. We've already come long way though... DOA hair now looks the best, out of all fighters (remember the tentacle hair in DOA4). Let's see what the graphical power of Xbone and PS4 can do. Maybe even long curly hair. :)

I guess it would be harder, but it's not impossible. I've seen a few games where the girls hair isn't dead straight and it still looks fine. I think it's more so they did it because it was easier. Straight hair generally all looks the same so all they had to do was extend it and/or change the colour. Makes their life easier.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Yes, of course there are already video game characters, where hair or parts of the hair is curled (Amy, Viola in Soul Calibur), but those are not that long and moving around like crazy as they do in DOA5. They'd need a huge amount of polygons and advanced animation and anti-clipping techniques do make it look good. DOA characters (at least the girls) are already at the very limit of what 360 and PS3 can do with polygons. That's why the rest of the games (textures, antialiasing, screen tearing, the men) sometimes looks so bad.

gnooz

I hate something about hair graphic, actually this problem not only occurs with hairs. Sometimes hair moves (shakes) continuously especially you can see this in win poses and ghost hairs-costumes glitches kinda annoying.

Seppu

unfortunately most long hair looks pretty bad. obvious polygons, clipping and generally poor interaction with the rest of the model, especially helena's.

hopefully team ninja can do something similar to this for doa6:

Argentus

I guess it would be harder, but it's not impossible. I've seen a few games where the girls hair isn't dead straight and it still looks fine. I think it's more so they did it because it was easier. Straight hair generally all looks the same so all they had to do was extend it and/or change the colour. Makes their life easier.
I like how creative they got with Milas hair. so many layers, and they fan out when she's moving around. plus dual colors, and its even a little spiky.

KwonJigglypuff

Just saw this hair option of one of the last costume contest entry, thought it would look nice for Helena. Maybe they should add some accessory to differenciate it from Rachel's haircut.

1396230837-1519655-1393207834289422-629369299-o.jpg

Rawbietussin

They both have the same segmented bangs and even if Rachel had it before Helena did, I'm sort of opposed to give Rachel a loose hair option.

Antlers2012

Long hair looks awful on characters who dont have it as defualt. Kokoro's looks great but then in contrast Helena's looks....just awful. I really like Elliot's trendy hair and even though I don't really like short hair on the girls, Christie's really works. I also have a ponytail fetish when it comes to Kasumi and Hitomi!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD