The Hair Thread

Princess Kasumi

If Kasumi's hair down was thicker and longer, I'd probably use it exclusively. As it is now, I avoid it like the plague. Same reason I don't ever use Leifang's hair down option, it's so damn thin and short. All of the hair down options in this game could use a thickness buff. The ponytails usually look better, but poor Kokoro's hair is even thinner in hers.
yes kasumi's hair is so thin!! it need thickness!

Hoya Destroyer

I found this random pic today and would LOVE to see it someday, as an alternate style for Lisa.
I know it is nothing like Lisas current hair (in regards to length and shape), so some suspension of disbelief would be required (as all other alt hair styles look like credible, rearranged versions of the original).

photo-322.jpg

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
rsz_doa1leifang3.png

I wish Leifang still had her DOA1 hair, at least as an option. IMO, I wish they would have kept Leifang more "masculine" looking. She still looks sexy to me, like she knows she's good at her style and is ready to kick ass.

Hoya Destroyer

Edited: tearing them down all because of backlash. :/

Backlash? lol. That was your pink haired Helena?
I think adding an unnatural color to any girl, will run the risk of making them look tacky. Its especially risky with Helena because her design seems so geared towards elegance and grace etc.
Still, I just want the girls to look good, irrespective of what they're "meant " to be, plus TN went against her personality with their Halloween outfit for Helena, and it turned out really great. So maybe...?

jyuLXIhsDucwa.jpg

Maybe a bit of color in moderation, could be ok?

Rawbietussin

Backlash? lol. That was your pink haired Helena?
I think adding an unnatural color to any girl, will run the risk of making them look tacky. Its especially risky with Helena because her design seems so geared towards elegance and grace etc.
Still, I just want the girls to look good, irrespective of what they're "meant " to be, plus TN went against her personality with their Halloween outfit for Helena, and it turned out really great. So maybe...?

jyuLXIhsDucwa.jpg

Maybe a bit of color in moderation, could be ok?

No, it was a blonde and ginger version of Bayman. You do have a point about her Halloween costume being a direct contradiction to her personality but I'd rather not bring the pink hair topic back up. People still feel sour about it and then discussions will become an endless loop of misunderstandings all because they couldn't see where I am getting at and that not even the most subtle (and barely visible) shade of pink would fix things up between two parties.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Rawbietussin, you didn't have to delete them. Also no one was really "sour". It's just, when you state an opinion, others state theirs...

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Its especially risky with Helena because her design seems so geared towards elegance and grace etc.
If you think about it, Helena's Halloween costume wasn't so out of character. She was a creature that subdues men with their charm because of how graceful and elegant they look. Since Helena is about elegance and grace, a succubus makes sense, in a way.

Rawbietussin

Some of the girls needs a bun just to avoid clipping issues to happen in some outfits (Kasumi in her Gracia costume, Helena in DOA2 red opera jacket). It's also a nice hairstyle to use if you want to view back details of a costume more clearer.

Wedding_Bun_Hairstyle_25.jpg

A crazy shaved hairstyle for some the guys like Rig or Bayman would also be wonderful.

1Crazy%25252BYung%25252BL.A.%25252B(Leland%25252BAustin)%25252BMohawk%25252BAfrican%25252BHaircuts%25252B2010.jpg

FatalxInnocence

tumblr_n1ghubErCk1r2sec6o1_400.gif
tumblr_n1g1yiXcjH1ryibbro1_500.gif

We need this.

Isn't this already equivalent to Marie's default hair, and Lei's already available pigtails?

Some of the girls needs a bun just to avoid clipping issues to happen in some outfits (Kasumi in her Gracia costume, Helena in DOA2 red opera jacket). It's also a nice hairstyle to use if you want to view back details of a costume more clearer.

I agree. Especially with the Kasumi Gracia costumes. It's so distracting. Especially in her win pose where she walks away and you just see her magic hair going through that massive collar... heck I'd even be fine with just having her ponytail on that costume but... you know... we're not allowed for some reason.

~ Anyway I'd like to see someone with this type of hair;

large.jpg

I generally wouldn't mind who got it. I just think this game needs some kind of wavy/semi curly hair midst all the straight hair. I wouldn't mind this hair for Marie either. A nice loose option that isn't just dead straight would be great.

Rawbietussin

I agree. Especially with the Kasumi Gracia costumes. It's so distracting. Especially in her win pose where she walks away and you just see her magic hair going through that massive collar... heck I'd even be fine with just having her ponytail on that costume but... you know... we're not allowed for some reason.

That's pretty much my issue with costumes that has big collars. It's like I want their hair to either be in a bun (something much neater-looking than Rachel's) or to be as short as Anna Williams' bob cut so it won't stick out from the collar. I don't think the braids even gives justice for the Gracia outfit. :/

As for your loose hair suggestion, I think that is how Hitomi's hair used to be (Pre-DOA5 era). It wasn't flat and straight like Kokoro, Kasumi or Leifang. Plus, the hair falling over her ears looks curled back then too.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD