The DOA5U "Casual" thread. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xhominid The Demon Within

@Xhominid The Demon Within : Sadly I can't not agree with what you said, I ended to say the same things to Forlorn when the 30th character was revealed to be Marie Rose.

It's just that with more additional characters to come (and with the fact that DoA has anyway male characters in the roster) I thought and hoped that it was possible for TN to release even the old Tengu improving his moveset. That was possible for Tecmo-Koei to afford a similar character when other elements (as DLC outfits, characters and the regained popularity of DoA) already could give to them profit for the work done.

Except that's the problem, Marie Rose was hyped the second people saw her(with obvious dissenters, but you don't really hear them that much), Phase 4 was obvious to anyone who seen the Story Mode Ending and there are still plenty of people hyped about her moveset. I don't remember anything except from most of you in this forum about Tengu even BEING a remote possibility. Even in the face of Ein, Leon, Momiji and Rachel, I rarely ever heard people wanted Tengu till I came on this forum and considering that even building on an old character is still gonna take time and plenty of cash, they can't really afford a failure of a character barely scratching even. That's why I believe they are gonna make a more marketable(aka. completely different) Tengu so that at the very least, they can get SOMETHING from those who wouldn't even look at Tengu otherwise.

How is this going to put you on people's ignore list?

I didn't find anything offensive about the post, and I get offended very easily.
I like playing it safe...

omg someone shared an opinion without going out of their way to piss everyone off, someone give this man a reward
If I act in the way that pisses people off, then I'm either not doing this correctly or people are more arrogant than I thought.

Aerospark

Standard Donor
BoxsH_nIUAA0BHm.jpg

1.gif
2.gif

JKT

I'm going to grasp at straws here for lols and say that you can see the character's not wearing anything at the top (bare shoulders):

Box500YIgAA9D-Z.jpg:large

Looking at the supposedly bare shoulder and body, the character is slender looking. This can mean:
1) its a female, or
2) its a young boy. A male counterpart would be more chiseled/ squareish? Also males have less smoother bodies in DOA compared to the females.

Discuss ^_^.

Kronin

@Xhominid The Demon Within : Again, I can't do anything than agree with you (also if actually I think that even part of the japanese fanbase seems to be fond of Tengu, but maybe could be more little than I believe).

@JKT: I noticed the same thing me too, it's very likely or a female character or a young boy. But the shoulders seems to me too much feminine for a boy, so I really think that is a girl.

My only wish about the appearence of the character is:

015.jpg

Reactions: JKT

gnooz

If you look very closely and if you have a little experience in character design, you can try to reconstruct a little more of the character:

14299142574_c4ccb0f6ce_b.jpg

LOL. She is so ugly just like a witch :)

And I can see the part of a wing in that picture if I am not wrong.

Kronin

After looking over some female tengu designs I found in Google, the headgear might look this (more or less):

14113130859_4868487534_b.jpg

Lol, now I am thrilled to know, what she actually looks like. XD

Yes, for this reason I posted those anime pictures, because the headgear got very likely this shape.

Also, it's possible according to you that the characters could own "cat ears"? (look the top left angle of the head in the picture)

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Also, it's possible according to you that the characters could own "cat ears"? (look the top left angle of the head in the picture)

Nice find! ;) But now that you mention it, it looks like part of the yellow ribbon that's wrapped around her ponytails. Cat ears normally sit higher on the head, not so much on the side.

Kronin

Nice find! ;) But now that you mention it, it looks like part of the yellow ribbon that's wrapped around her ponytails. Cat ears normally sit higher on the head, not so much on the side.

The credit for the find goes to @Kohlrak

For the placement of the ears, give a look to this picture:

2XdCrX7.jpg

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Like I said, I'm all for a new version of Tengu, especially if it's a female Tengu. Or even Ayane in a Tengu mask with a whole new set of moves. I'm excited to see where Team Ninja goes with this.

Except that's the problem, Marie Rose was hyped the second people saw her(with obvious dissenters, but you don't really hear them that much), Phase 4 was obvious to anyone who seen the Story Mode Ending and there are still plenty of people hyped about her moveset. I don't remember anything except from most of you in this forum about Tengu even BEING a remote possibility. Even in the face of Ein, Leon, Momiji and Rachel, I rarely ever heard people wanted Tengu till I came on this forum and considering that even building on an old character is still gonna take time and plenty of cash, they can't really afford a failure of a character barely scratching even. That's why I believe they are gonna make a more marketable(aka. completely different) Tengu so that at the very least, they can get SOMETHING from those who wouldn't even look at Tengu otherwise.

Y'know how when Team Ninja keeps releasing those cut n'paste costumes across all the girls, or releases yet another swimsuit pack, or the ridiculous gravures, there's always some who will try to defend those actions by saying "Team Ninja has to do stuff like this in order to generate the money to give you stuff you really want like Tengu."

What you're arguing here takes away that one defense of TN's recent DLC staple. Especially if it just turns out to be a different version of Ayane.

Still, I think Tengu has a chance. The theory that they could give an Ayane costume away for free with the purchase of Tengu is a good idea (and also partially covers what you said above about giving those who wouldn't look at Tengu something). Besides, costumes have changed hairstyle and even hair color before (heck, Ayane has blond hair for a costume in this game), so I really don't think it's ruled out as an Ayane costume yet.

Besides, Ayane is the "Female Tengu" and the only character with purple hair. Since this is apparently a purple-haired girl in a tengu mask, it's probably connected to Ayane somehow (ie. if it's not a costume, it's probably a clone of her mixed with Tengu cells or something, or just a clone in a mask, or an unknown second daughter of Raidou's or something).

Also, I would like to think that Team Ninja has the sense not to tease it's fanbase for a year with Tengu hints only to give them a scantily-clad girl in a mask instead of the real deal. That's just bad form and they know there are long-term fans they would be pissing off.

Female Tengu

Female, male, or even myself in the game.....I do hope it's a new character (which is highly possible since TN already announced more new characters to come after Phase 4 and teasing a costume for Ayane would be pointless and another slap in the face of any Tengu fan/player).

Kronin

Female, male, or even myself in the game.....I do hope it's a new character (which is highly possible since TN already announced more new characters to come after Phase 4 and teasing a costume for Ayane would be pointless and another slap in the face of any Tengu fan/player).

If it's an outfit for Ayane, definitely will be for a promotion of the actual Bankotsubo character: I think that no one has doubts about this, from DoA5 fans talked to use Tengu in the game, not his outfits. Otherwise IMO we will get a new character using Tengu's moveset.

gnooz

If it is somehow related to Ayane I will commit suicide. My expectations are for a new character. I guess I will be disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD