The DOA5U "Casual" thread. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnooz

Now I think she won't be creepy I can imagine her sexy photos :) Like La Mariposa she will have without mask option. And she seems great but why another female I always wanted male after Marie...

Chapstick

I'm still convinced that's Ayane. Same skin tone, face shape. Different lighting affects hair color and those lengths are plausible with her hair option without the headband

Xernuht

I'm liking the notion of a super-bishie (like, transcending DOA4 Eliot levels) new ninja with a Tengu mask. Parts of his moveset get ripped off Tengu, he has a hopeless rivalry with 'Busa in 6 a la Yaiba, and gets his punk ass beat so hard he goes crying to Team Donovan, who mutates him into a Tengu-mutant boss monster.

And I came up with this shit while typing it out. Maybe I could write for TN...

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
This will be an interesting weekend.

So I was playing Dimensions and Helena did her bohuko stance and glitched. She kept dashing into a log, I recorded it using my crappy phone. I'll see if I can upload it later.
Helena has magical powers ;)

If you truly want him in then why don't you request for it rather than bash the ones who want a different character?
Threatening to leave a fighting game and it's community for rather retarded reasons can have side effects.

Kronin

At this point I really start to think that is a new character: actually would make sense to make a DoA5UA teaser of a sexy outfit for promoting Tengu (the recent outfits were included before in the Arcade and then in the console - nurses, Momiji and Rachel cheerleader - more Tengu would be included before in the Arcade and just after in the console version), but I think that there are really slim chances for it. The most likely scenario is that very simple is a teaser of a new character (even if until now TN gave visual hints only of outfits, never of characters).

By the way I think that should be an interesting outcome to see a character with an human body to get the Tengu moveset (hoping that it has wings). Very likely is a female character, even if I would have preferred a male for a major balancement in the roster.

But it's a shame, because if this is true then this mean that any chances for the return of Tengu Bankotsubo is ended... DoA sequels included :( (but at least the legacy of his moveset would be safe).

(I had also ready one of my lame edited pictures for the event, but sadly I think that will not be ever used for its purpose...).

Obviously female you can see her shiny lips :) Stop talking about male fiction.

Wouldn't be the first time that a character with an opposite sex appearence is included in a fighting game, but considering how much difficult appear for TN to include male fanservice in the game, I doubt that they could have decided for a similar move.

gnooz

But it's a shame, because if this is true then this mean that any chances for the return of Tengu Bankotsubo is ended... DoA sequels included :( (but at least the legacy of his moveset would be safe).

Yeah project revival finally ended hilariously :) Her moveset possibly will be different or hybrid she can't use Tengu's attacks :) DOA needs fat character every fighting game has a fat...

Kronin

Yeah project revival finally ended hilariously :)

It wanted just show the love of the fans for the character, I wrote more times on my comments on FB that TN had very likely already made his choices for the roster, it couldn't change anything (if not eventually cut last doubts, at the most).

It's the same now for all the people asking currently for new characters to TN: at the most they could be able to convince the developers to include them in the next game, because the roster DLC is currently already decided.

By the way if this eventual original character will get partially the moveset of Tengu, we can be sure that this was the outcome of people asking for Tengu (not now, I mean from the times of DoA5).

EDIT I forgot to add:
Her moveset possibly will be different or hybrid she can't use Tengu's attacks :)

The basis of my reasoning was that this is a new character getting the moveset of Tengu. Otherwise it doesn't represent an obstacle for the potential future release of Tengu. People forget always that the movesets (together with the mechanics) are the priority for a fighting game able to decide a roster, not other factors (as the plot).

Last edited:

gnooz

If she is a girl then we can say she won't be low tier this is good for Tengu fans. Girl or not it is Tengu after all :) Improved Tengu this is better than normal Tengu. But I won't be surprised if she turns out to be Kasumi with different hair style option lol lol lol.

Xhominid The Demon Within

I'm gonna say this straight out and by this, I KNOW I will be on peoples' ignore lists when I say it...but I honestly have to:

You knew it was gonna be like this.

I'm not saying that Tengu doesn't have a fanbase, but Emperor Cow, you stated it yourself that past FSD and maybe like a couple of others, he really doesn't have enough to really make TN waste the money they don't really have to create the old Tengu from the ground up, change all of his move properties and give him new moves on top of that, and the rest of the typical stuff just for maybe a modicum of the profits that all their work is gonna get.

If it's a female Tengu, I can see people actually seeing what she can do BECAUSE while it's not exactly the Tengu from the past, it's still something new. And yeah, it does seem like that "face" is just a mask, but I'm still hoping she looks somewhat Fiend-like anyways just so that Tengu can actually be part of the NG-DOA lore in a plausible way.

Now if it's a longer-haired Ayane in a mask...well, I would be somewhat disappointed(as much as I would if the female Tengu doesn't atleast look like Alma or Elizabet), seeing a longer haired Ayane would be....sublime.

Kronin

@Xhominid The Demon Within : Sadly I can't not agree with what you said, I ended to say the same things to Forlorn when the 30th character was revealed to be Marie Rose.

It's just that with more additional characters to come (and with the fact that DoA has anyway male characters in the roster) I thought and hoped that it was possible for TN to release even the old Tengu improving his moveset. That was possible for Tecmo-Koei to afford a similar character when other elements (as DLC outfits, characters and the regained popularity of DoA) already could give to them profit for the work done.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I'm gonna say this straight out and by this, I KNOW I will be on peoples' ignore lists when I say it...but I honestly have to:

I'm not saying that Tengu doesn't have a fanbase, but Emperor Cow, you stated it yourself that past FSD and maybe like a couple of others, he really doesn't have enough to really make TN waste the money they don't really have to create the old Tengu from the ground up, change all of his move properties and give him new moves on top of that, and the rest of the typical stuff just for maybe a modicum of the profits that all their work is gonna get.

If it's a female Tengu, I can see people actually seeing what she can do BECAUSE while it's not exactly the Tengu from the past, it's still something new. And yeah, it does seem like that "face" is just a mask, but I'm still hoping she looks somewhat Fiend-like anyways just so that Tengu can actually be part of the NG-DOA lore in a plausible way.

Now if it's a longer-haired Ayane in a mask...well, I would be somewhat disappointed(as much as I would if the female Tengu doesn't atleast look like Alma or Elizabet), seeing a longer haired Ayane would be....sublime.
How is this going to put you on people's ignore list?

I didn't find anything offensive about the post, and I get offended very easily.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I'm still convinced that's Ayane. Same skin tone, face shape. Different lighting affects hair color and those lengths are plausible with her hair option without the headband

First thing I thought, was Ayane too, just because of that cheeky grin. Now after some consideration, I don't think it's Ayane. The hair might be purple after saturating the hell out of that image but that doesn't say much. Dark hair, even almost black hair, can have tints of every imaginable color. You see this quite often in manga/anime/Japanese games. Even though DOA5 has a realistic graphical style, the anime-ish style still often shines through. There's another reason it probably is not Ayane standing in the dark: DOA5 lighting/shadowing is good, but it's not that good/advanced, to really darken the characters to a point, that light purple hair almost looks black. Also, the character seems to have two fairly long ponytails. Ayane's hair isn't long enough for that. Yeah, they might have changed her hair, but there's not really a reason to give Ayane a tengu costume and change her hair in color, length and hairdo so much, that she is basically not recognizable anymore.
This might really be a completely new character. And coming back to the grin: Tengus are cheeky, vicious creatures. A female tengu character would probably be grinning all the time. ;)

I still find it weird, that Team Ninja is creating several new characters so late in DOA5's life cycle. Imho bringing veterans/fan favorites to the game that late would make much more sense. I would leave the completely new characters for DOA6, when they will also be properly incorporated into the story line.

Last edited:

Yurlungur

omg someone shared an opinion without going out of their way to piss everyone off, someone give this man a reward

Kronin

@Kohlrak noticed on the thread created for the picture (http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/tengu-being-added-female.4543/#post-185142) how the character appear to get something similar to a cat ear.

Box500YIgAA9D-Z.jpg:large

It's possible that, if a new character, the head will resemble something similar to this fan art of Shameimaru Aya from Touhou?

2XdCrX7.jpg

139049713344.jpg

Even the Tengu headgear (sorry I don't know the specific name) seems to be similar.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD