The DOA5U "Casual" thread. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chapstick

Life as a Kasumi fan is a lot easier, we're so catered to it's ridiculous

Btw $77 for that Kasumi letterman jacket? Highway robbery

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
If it's a new female Tengu I'll probably accept that. Even though I beleive that type of moveset would fit a guy better

But if it's just Ayane's "female Tengu" persona I'll be quite upset
So. Many. Clones. -dies-

I really feel bad for Kasumi having to be endure giving birth to so many clones.

I based it on how the "bangs" (if that is that is real hair and not part of a headdress) look like and I can say it isn't Ayane since the mask-wearer's hair looks longer and the hair color isn't on the right shade. If we were to look at the black-haired girls, I don't think that is also Momiji or Kokoro. All their bangs are segmented differently from the mask-wearer's bangs and their hair are longer than it so it is safe to assume this might be not be a pre-existing character.

Even though it is to be expected judging by the appearance of the lips, I wouldn't say it would be a girl just yet. There is a very slim chance of it being another baby-faced guy like Eliot. The closest character on my mind that is near to the mask-wearer's hair is Ranmaru Mori even though the possibility of a character from Samurai Warriors / Warriors Orochi character to appear in 5UA as a playable character is rather slim and non-existent (despite the WO3 DLCs) and it wouldn't make any sense for a non-DOA character to wear a Tengu's outfit.

Possible. Brings to mind the "son of Tengu" idea some people had. would be cool if the kid was the son of Tengu and a human mother chasing after Ryu to avenge his father which would be interesting because Ryu couldn't be rid of him without killing him providing a weird moral conundrum. he basically just have the wings, strength, and maybe wind magic of a typical Tengu so he could use the old Tengus style. Those type of shoes could also serve to raise his hit box enough to compete same as Marie's clogs.

But it's probably just another girl.

Shiranui

Even though it is to be expected judging by the appearance of the lips, I wouldn't say it would be a girl just yet. There is a very slim chance of it being another baby-faced guy like Eliot. The closest character on my mind that is near to the mask-wearer's hair is Ranmaru Mori even though the possibility of a character from Samurai Warriors / Warriors Orochi character to appear in 5UA as a playable character is rather slim and non-existent (despite the WO3 DLCs) and it wouldn't make any sense for a non-DOA character to wear a Tengu's outfit.

Mori%20Ranmaru.png

That's an interesting find

Kronin

If it's a new female Tengu I'll probably accept that. Even though I beleive that type of moveset would fit a guy better

Honestly, I believe there is no way that a new character (overall a female one) could end to get the identical moveset of Bankotsubo. Not only because certain moves seemed to be based on the physical strenght of the character (so would appear strange performed from someone with a more thin body), but overall because many moves were purposely ridiculous, fitting the personality of the character sympathetically teased.

gnooz

It is too early to make assumptions but it seems she is another rip off (Lili rip off now Kunimitsu rip off lol) They replaced Tengu with this creepy girl hmmmm...So TN come on share ultimate information about this tease waiting is killing as usual...

Rawbietussin

Possible. Brings to mind the "son of Tengu" idea some people had. would be cool if the kid was the son of Tengu and a human mother chasing after Ryu to avenge his father which would be interesting because Ryu couldn't be rid of him without killing him providing a weird moral conundrum. he basically just have the wings, strength, and maybe wind magic of a typical Tengu so he could use the old Tengus style. Those type of shoes could also serve to raise his hit box enough to compete same as Marie's clogs.

I guess his story can be incorporated that way but I doubt TN would make a non-NG crossover character be part of the permanent roster. They'd probably rename the guy first if anything.

Since 5/5U is going with the "realistic approach", I had a feeling that his flight abilities and wind magic are only going to be just part of a physical attack (similar to Momiji and her fire spells) and the only way for it to use the whirlwind is probably during a Power Blow.

That's an interesting find

I really find him as the closest identity under the mask despite being from a different TK game.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
I guess his story can be incorporated that way but I doubt TN would make a non-NG crossover character be part of the permanent roster. They'd probably rename the guy first if anything.

Since 5/5U is going with the "realistic approach", I had a feeling that his flight abilities and wind magic are only going to be just part of a physical attack (similar to Momiji and her fire spells) and the only way for it to use the whirlwind is probably during a Power Blow.

I really find him as the closest identity under the mask despite being from a different TK game.

I meant during the events of DOA he would try to kill him. He wouldn't pose enough of a threat though and be more like the kids who keep trying to challenge the Hero even when they have no chance.

-sigh- when I first saw the picture today I yelled for joy because it would finally be the end of the Tengu army, came on here just to learn it was a mask and MORE shit happened -_-

Rawbietussin

I meant during the events of DOA he would try to kill him. He wouldn't pose enough of a threat though and be more like the kids who keep trying to challenge the Hero even when they have no chance.

I can see that working and how Ryu doesn't take him seriously enough. I see him having a cocky personality and goes cheerful when he wins/do tantrums when he loses (that is if you view him as hot-blooded).

Last edited:

pachincko

If she is another girl with mask, then TN should find a new voice character different from others.

Or else just choose Ayane and her voice actress.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
I can see that working and how Ryu doesn't take him seriously enough. I see him having a cocky personality and goes cheerful when he wins/do tantrums when he loses (that is if you view him as hot-blooded).

I can see a solemn exterior, getting excited like a child when he wins, and just down right depressed when he losses. it wouldn't make sense to throw a tantrum over something as Important as avenging someone

Sigh I'm putting too much thought in this I'm going to be terribly let down when all we end up with is an Ayane clone.

Rawbietussin

I can see a solemn exterior, getting excited like a child when he wins, and just down right depressed when he losses. it wouldn't make sense to throw a tantrum over something as Important as avenging someone

Sigh I'm putting too much thought in this I'm going to be terribly let down when all we end up with is an Ayane clone.

I can see him say: "No! Why can't I win!?" and probably do a pissed off reaction Christie does in her lose pose.

The full image hasn't been revealed yet anyways and neither did a gameplay video.

Blash

I guess we will know come tomorrow.

This could be like what TN did for the Halloween or Paradise set. If they put up another pic tomorrow, we will know its a new set of costumes, which begs the question...

Where are the details on the costume contest winners?

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
But the hashtag is DOA5UA not DOA5U, a costume wouldn't make sense especially considering the console players are probably the ones who made most of the entries

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD