Tengu Being Added? Female?

Kohlrak

Given the DLC lately, i expect copy-pasta DLC costume for the whole cast. They need all that money to fulfill the promises they're making involving tournaments.

And before anyone complains, i'm sure the suited men are telling them what they can and cannot do to make money that they're probably being told is necessary for continued justification of the series. If you assume from the start that the series is dying, and that TK is probably demanding a better payout or else, and that they're being told what they can and cannot due for fear of the game costing more than it's making, the fact that DoA is F2P, has a ton of expensive copy-pasta costumes, that fans aren't getting what they asked for, etc. all makes sense. They're more worried about getting new people in than pleasing the fans that they already have. Adding more chicks and stereotype fetish outfits for characters with varying personalities has that written all over it. Before the tengu outfit, i totally see police outfits coming out. Possibly a 2-piece outfit set. Or how about a training dummy set? We don't have as many bunny outfits as we could, either. And then there's the kitty outfits... I definitely see marie rose getting a cat outfit. Then there's maids... Oh yes, if everyone had an outfit like hitomi's costume 9....

Last edited:

Number 13

I'm even more sure now it's a separate new character and not a costume. Still need some more screenshots or trailer would be lovely since we are still in the speculation phase.

Zeo

Upon futher inspection of the 2nd image, it definitely seems like Momiji to me.

Kronin

They are. That is Team NINJA staff, one person in particular, posting. But if you think they're trolling, you should avoid Ono's account for sure. They may have some fun with people but ultimately they avoid too much in the way of deliberately misleading people. There is a large amount of the fanbase speculating and getting pissed about things that aren't even confirmed and frankly it's quite amusing.

I agree, many people seem to not realize this.

About the pictures, I'm convinced that is a new character, related with the Tengu race and hopefully inheriting the old moveset of Bankotsubo (or at least a large part).

Looking to the placement of the clouds next to the moon in the 2nd picture, seems to me exactly the same that you can see next to the moon in the original Lorelei (first level of the stage). But this is another element that alone doesn't mean anything, TN could have recycled such textures for an eventual new stage.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
全ては!
They keep referencing old Tengu ...

Ok for sure this aint Ayane.... ok Now I'm interested O__O
(Still really wish we got Tengu though .. :/ )

His Reverence

Papa Reverence, the Ayane Enthusiast.
Premium Donor
That hair color is closer to Momiji's than any other female. On top of that, it's been proven that the girls get alternate hair styles. It's not far fetched.

If thats the case then its quite the fuckin shame. The outfit would work beautifully on Ayane. That being said, if this means no Ayane clone, im happy.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Todays tweet: 全ては!
I bet you tomorrow's tweet is:我が!
And the day after (or monday since TN doesnt tweet much Sundays): 戯言なり!(And possibly the final reveal)

it might still be an ayane clone and they learned their lesson from the similarities between Kasumi and Phase 4 and wanted this clone to be a little more ... distinct from the original.

Darkton93

I always thought Phase 4 was just a way to have Kasumi Alpha. I just wish we were back to the good ol' days when people put aside the fact that she was a clone and praised her teleportation style.

Kronin

it might still be an ayane clone and they learned their lesson from the similarities between Kasumi and Phase 4 and wanted this clone to be a little more ... distinct from the original.

Like you I don't exclude that isn't a clone of Ayane, but even in a such case should be definitely more singular than the original (for moveset and appearence).

Here the comparison from the last picture tweeted by TN and how appear the moon in the original Lorelei stage:

Bo3WavIIUAIFwpu.jpg:large

nQ9NKmb.jpg

ChrisArmoun

Truthfully, I'd like to see this be an entirely new character, as opposed to DLC but we'll see. If it's DLC I can live with it. If it's a new character, even a "clone", I can roll with that too. I'll give TN credit for making sure the clone characters feel somewhat unique. For me there's a notable difference playing with Hitomi and Ein, Kasumi and Alpha, Bayman and Leon. Sure there's some carryover animation, but the overall pacing of each character feels different and so far the footage I've seen of Phase 4 makes me believe she won't just be Kasumi with teleports.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
I think it's good to have "similar" characters with different takes on the movelist. There are always going to be enough differences that make someone a Leon instead of a Bayman, a Siegfried instead of a Nightmare, a Ryu instead of a Ken.

It's good to have that slight alteration. Nothing wrong with clones, provided they aren't complete clones.

Sgaragarru

For Street Fighter you forgot that there were tooo many "Similar" characters!

Ryu,Ken,Dan,Akuma,Gouken,Sean.Sakura .and probably i forgot someone XD

we already have

Hitomi - Ein
Kasumi - Alpha-152 - Phase-4
Leon - Bayman

we need more new unique characters XD

Kronin

I think it's good to have "similar" characters with different takes on the movelist. There are always going to be enough differences that make someone a Leon instead of a Bayman, a Siegfried instead of a Nightmare, a Ryu instead of a Ken.

It's good to have that slight alteration. Nothing wrong with clones, provided they aren't complete clones.

I agree that until a clone is able to appear very different from the original is good in the roster, but at this point we could get directly a new character.

By the way if this will end to be a clone of Ayane, being a fan of the DoA story I hope that at least it will foreshadow an important twist with good reasons for the plot of the sequel.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD